User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 13:52   #1
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Speedgame (and round 11) meeting Tuesday 1900 GMT

As was discussed in this thread by Aryn i have been asked to run a meeting about up coming speed rounds in her absence.

Tuesday 6th January at 1900 GMT (same as in game time) appears to be the best time for the meeting. The channel will be #coldplay so i would like anyone who is interested in playing speedgames to gather there for the meeting. This will hopefully mean a lot of people will be present at the meeting and so to enable the meeting to run smoothly withouth everyone just shouting at me i have proprosed the following plan.
  • Prior to the start of the meeting each alliance and BG selects one representative. It doesnt matter what rank this rep holds within the alliance/BG.
  • This rep will tag [rep|name_of_alliance] (eg, [Rep|hirr] ).
  • I will give each rep voice in the channel and have it +m to start with
  • Each rep will have made a channel somewhere, either on a private alliance server or on Netgamers, where all their members who want to be involved in the meeting can gather. In this channels all the members will discuss points about the speedgames with their rep who will then summarise the ideas in #coldplay for myself and everyone else to see and discuss.
  • I will bring up topics to be discussed, then give the reps a small amount of time to discuss them in their private channels with their members.
  • The reps will them report back to the channel with a brief summary and i will dicuss the possibilities with them.
  • The channel will then be opened to everyone (-m) so that anyone present can bring up points that may have been missed by the reps or points i may not have been clear on.
  • I will them moderate the channel again and move onto the next topic to be dicussed, and the whole process will be repeated.

I realise this may well slow down the meeting, but it will hopefully allow everyone to be involved in the meeting without it overflowing into one mass argument with no control over it.

Those people who do not have an alliance or BG for the speed rounds will also be accomodated for. Simply tag [NA] (for no alliance) and therealmig (or another PA team representative) will PM you with a channel to join in addition to #coldplay. This channel will then act as your discussion channel and will contain a PA team member who will act as your rep.

The topics to be discussed are to concern speed rounds only. So far i have a short list of things i wish to cover, but please feel free to add to the list in this thread, or to bring them up at the meeting:
  • Cost
  • Stats
  • Speed of ticks
  • Setup of the weekend - 24 hours straight or two 10 hour sessions with a gap to sleep in or something else...?
  • Alliances or every galaxy for themselves?
  • Private or random gals
  • Any novel speed round ideas?

I hope i have made that clear enough for everyone to understand.

Last edited by JC; 5 Jan 2004 at 16:55.