User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 20:59   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
does anyone falls into the mmorpg trap yet?

I stopped playing pla since i realized how pointless it was to spend days trying to tidy up your account and someone else which is a bajillion times larger than you can wipe you out easily. And no matter how large you are there is always going to be someone better, or a group of people who hate you and are larger than you.
You can spend a lot of time on you and yet you can get propper ****ed at any time.
I still do play mp games. you log in, you fight a little bit, and finito. No matter you lost, you spent only a few mins building it....
It came to my senses that i am actually going not even to bother seeing the WoW game and its similars (UO and the like) because its absolutely pontless.
Innit?
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:08   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: does anyone falls into the mmorpg trap yet?

What's not pointless? Can't 95% of what we in the western world do, classify as pointless?

What do you do that's not just as pointless?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:12   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I'm in the top 1 percentile on one of the mmorpg servers I play in consideration of wealth and ability.

You know how? cause I actually did my research like those who got infinately powerful in planetarion at the start.

Not being first in a game means you didn't use your wits, you didn't adequately prepare and you don't have an adequate team spirit level.
(and if you consider being in any position where you are easily beaten by someone else as pointless then yah the above applies to you, there are also those out there who play for fun...)

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:22   #4
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

The point is how the gaming affect your life.
Reading and working/studying are relatively boring. Personally i use gaming as something to make me jolly so i can do boring things happily.
Personally speaking, mmorpgs are useless...

and sunday dude
everything you said about being good in pla relates essentially to one factor: TIME
if you dont have spare time, none of these things can be accomplished. Even "wits" usually come after hours in a irc room.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 21:39   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I don't think you get mmorpg's baron.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:00   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sunday in :

"im the best at a game through sheer brilliance"

shockaroo
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:00   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quit PA >2 years ago*.

*!!!PLD ME!!!
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:24   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
sunday in :

"im the best at a game through sheer brilliance"

shockaroo
MMORPGS have a massive economy.

MMORPGS have a massive amount of teenage brats who don't know the value of money.

I accrued vast wealth from these games by purely buying low selling high off of so many people.

but I'm also good at the game too.

Some of these mmorpg's are just like colourful sprite based irc's at time in parts of the community.

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:29   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How (exactly) do you make money from MMORPGS?
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:34   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ebaying in game items / characters and such is one way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:37   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Give me details eff ess.

How much can you make etc?

Don't the game "owners" stop the selling of items etc on ebay?
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:04   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
How (exactly) do you make money from MMORPGS?
He seems to be talking about in-game economy.

But MMORPGs are all about time spent.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:06   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Give me details eff ess.

My mates currently sell 10 mil of the ingame currency for $50 US on ebay.

My account is worth $2500(roughly and that's just equip not even including the monetary worth of my characters) on the open market atm, I have invested $144 in it and my spare time and got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:08   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
and got a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Re: Original post: This is what it's about. Same with every game.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:10   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Give me details eff ess.

They can stop the sales as the fact that it's their intellectual property, so what you do is that you sell your TIME to accquire them said amount of money/items.

It's a massive grey area but generally piss all can be done about it but both sides can get conned.

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:11   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Ebaying in game items / characters and such is one way.
There was a BBC article recently that showed that Everquest's real money economy in traded items/characters via ebay/paypal exceeded that of Bulgaria's economy.

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:12   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its a sad day when an imaginary game charachter has more wealth than sunday in real life :-((((
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:13   #18
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
its a sad day when an imaginary game charachter has more wealth than sunday in real life :-((((
You know my wealth how?

Last thing I am is broke mate :P

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:15   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

predictable comment strikes again
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 23:45   #20
Evergreen
the merciless

Sorry JJ but there's a trap in the fact that there are enough dumb shits on the internet which will take your post seriously and then try and use it against me lol.

Anyway that said if I didn't have x amount of cash on me I wouldn't be allowed to stay in canada atm.

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 02:01   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
The point is how the gaming affect your life.
Reading and working/studying are relatively boring. Personally i use gaming as something to make me jolly so i can do boring things happily.
Personally speaking, mmorpgs are useless...
Yeah, but you said pointless? Is it not pointless to get a job, get a car, get a television, get a life? Isn't our very exsistence as of now pointless, and all we do is consume to forget it?

Isnt it pointless to strive for a level of consumation that's destroying our world? Is it not pointless to wish for a brand, new, shiny car? Or a bigger house? Or more money? Or a better job? I feel that the life im thrown out into is pointless. Everything around me is pointless. So, then, what's so wrong with doing something pointless that makes you go away, at least for a little while?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 02:09   #22
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Yeah, but you said pointless? Is it not pointless to get a job, get a car, get a television, get a life? Isn't our very exsistence as of now pointless, and all we do is consume to forget it?

Isnt it pointless to strive for a level of consumation that's destroying our world? Is it not pointless to wish for a brand, new, shiny car? Or a bigger house? Or more money? Or a better job? I feel that the life im thrown out into is pointless. Everything around me is pointless. So, then, what's so wrong with doing something pointless that makes you go away, at least for a little while?
Not its not pointless because with a good job and a neat knowledge base i can be happy for years, as in talking with people and showing them how great i am, instead of being the king of a game which no one will play in 5 years time.
games are pointless, being permanently happy isnt.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 02:54   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mmorpg is the most ugly acronym ever

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 07:52   #24
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i love planetarion more than you lot can ever know.

dont censor evade - jj

Last edited by JammyJim; 7 Jun 2004 at 10:08.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 16:09   #25
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
MMORPGS have a massive amount of teenage brats who don't know the value of money.
I think i could substantially accuse you of not knowing the value of spare time.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:49   #26
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
i love planetarion more than you lot can ever know.

dont censor evade - jj

Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:34   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Not its not pointless because with a good job and a neat knowledge base i can be happy for years, as in talking with people and showing them how great i am, instead of being the king of a game which no one will play in 5 years time.
I don't see why on-line gaming is any more pointless than a lot of other activities. Most people don't spend every spare minute of their time trying to boost their income / knowledge (not that these things automatically lead to happiness but nevermind).

A lot of people have made lasting friends through on-line gaming (look at these forums), which makes it just as a valid pastime as going down to the pub most nights or whatever.

Oh, and if someone started showing me how great they were because of their good job I'd be highly skeptical...
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:30   #28
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

You have to come to terms with the fact that most online gamers are shite, and the existence of a supa rocking pla community is something that, due to probabilities, wont happen twice.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:36   #29
Evergreen
the merciless

You know, your the kind of player that doesn't make good communities baron.

Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:40   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
You have to come to terms with the fact that most online gamers are shite, and the existence of a supa rocking pla community is something that, due to probabilities, wont happen twice.
Nah, most people are alright. CS and such attract a bad reputation because there's no real lasting incentive not to behave like a twat. In Planetarion (and other games) you needed friends / allies, etc. And we still had our fair share of wankers.

I don't have time for on-line games anymore but when I used to play them in the BBS days and then Planetarion, most of the people I encountered were OK.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:45   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
IRONY POW!
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:55   #32
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Mmorpgwsf
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:05   #33
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Nah, most people are alright. CS and such attract a bad reputation because there's no real lasting incentive not to behave like a twat. In Planetarion (and other games) you needed friends / allies, etc. And we still had our fair share of wankers.

I don't have time for on-line games anymore but when I used to play them in the BBS days and then Planetarion, most of the people I encountered were OK.
I can't imagine WoW being good community wise seeing as a lot of the game design lends to being able to solo and play singularly for great stretches of time and the only massive multiplayer events in the game don't really require team work. (apparrently you just pick a side the horde or the other guys and then it's a big all out 1v1 war with absolutely no co-ordination).

However in games like Ragnarok there are two two hour sessions a week where 20 castles are available for capture with great rewards from holding them, the only people that can capture them are those that are in guilds, there is a guild alliance system and so fort. It turns into big guild wars where guilds consistute 16-26 members each and up to a max of 3 allies. There's been an attempted powerblock over 8 (between 4 guilds) of the castles but that recently got overturned, it's degraded into randomness again which is fun. I ran a successful guild there for quite some time myself, holding the richest castle and being unremoved from it for the longest time, then I got bored with the member turnover and how much time running the guild was taking away from levelling my characters.

Anyway Basically mmorpg's with guild orientated capture of things tend to have slightly better communities. (for example FFXI is one of the most horrid communities out there purely based on the fact no-one needs ro wants to get along with anyone as being selfish is more often better than helping out a stranger.)

Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:27   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I can't imagine WoW being good community wise seeing as a lot of the game design lends to being able to solo and play singularly for great stretches of time and the only massive multiplayer events in the game don't really require team work. (apparrently you just pick a side the horde or the other guys and then it's a big all out 1v1 war with absolutely no co-ordination).
Doing the quests with a team is, apparantly, more enjoyable and better in game terms.

Just FYI.

ps.

It's a blizzard game. The community is CERTAINLY going to be horrible, it's just the strength of the game will overrule that.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:43   #35
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There was a BBC article recently that showed that Everquest's real money economy in traded items/characters via ebay/paypal exceeded that of Bulgaria's economy.
I remember when a game was a game.

Everquest players are truley sad cnuts.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:47   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
I remember when a game was a game.

Everquest players are truley sad cnuts.
It's only not just a game if you play it as not just a game.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:48   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

That "economy larger than xyz loser country" is all nonsense obviously. Based on "amount of level 10 swords vs top price currently paid for level sword = 500 billion dollars, wow!!!".

Sort of like the stock market stats people come out with. "Bill Gates is richer than China!!" or whatever.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:50   #38
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's only not just a game if you play it as not just a game.
I am digging City of Heroes speaking of which. No stupid player economy
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:52   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
That "economy larger than xyz loser country" is all nonsense obviously. Based on "amount of level 10 swords vs top price currently paid for level sword = 500 billion dollars, wow!!!".

Sort of like the stock market stats people come out with. "Bill Gates is richer than China!!" or whatever.
He may actually be correct though, just by (Sum total of transactions based on Everquest stuff)
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:57   #40
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
He may actually be correct though, just by (Sum total of transactions based on Everquest stuff)
I don't doubt it, when you consider that one stealth bomber costs more then most 3rd world countries GDP.

The sum total proably also includes PayPal service fees and Ebay fees and such.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:03   #41
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
how? exactly?
I try to be my best at all times, im open to conversation and generally reasonable. You, on the other hand, is known to be agressive and hostile to everybody else for no reason at all. I might have been hostile here and there, but only to people who had been hostile towards me.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:05   #42
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When they say worth more than X country, they only mean in terms of its output in one year - ie GDP.
In terms of assets, its pretty hard to be richer than ANY country.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote