User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:46   #1
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
so i just saw dawn of the dead

and now im quite shit scared and dont wanna go to bed, but at the same time do, cus im the only one in my living room downstairs.....

floorboreds creaking and stuff
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:47   #2
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Re: so i just saw dawn of the dead

How old are you?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:50   #3
starmog
Star teh mog0r

insert here
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:56   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I want to thank you immensively for informing me on this special event in your exciting life

Thank you.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:59   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I wanted to go see it the other day but nobody wanted to go see it with me! Pah!

Any good?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:59   #6
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

cant wait for shaun of the dead
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 22:59   #7
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmog
and now im quite shit scared and dont wanna go to bed, but at the same time do, cus im the only one in my living room downstairs.....

You ****ing pussy. I sat through that film last night (tuesday), and didn't even jump once, I was quite disapointed in fact. I was eating a large box of popcorn and s******ing at the gory bits too.

Quote:
Kids today, I don't know.

I don't appear to be allowed to say s******ing, because the word "******" is censored. How ****ed up is that?
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:00   #8
starmog
Star teh mog0r

its preeety good, not as bad as i thought it would be anyway, its quite cool seeing zombies take over america....

as for shawn of the dead... HELL YEA they had a trailer of that before the film, it looks fking funneh
insert here
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:04   #9
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I
Any good?
Not as good as the original.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's just 28 days later, set in America, and called "Dawn of the Dead".
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:05   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
You ****ing pussy. I sat through that film last night (tuesday), and didn't even jump once, I was quite disapointed in fact.
[/i]

Cor, you're so hard.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:08   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Cor, you're so hard.
It's not exactly scary. Like I said, I was disapointed. I want to be scared when I go and see a film, not sit there thinking "nice camera work, special effects are better than the original, the zombies are cool, I bet a zombie jumps out right no...yeah there it is"
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:16   #12
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Thank you for pointing out your inablity to determine the differance between fiction and non-fiction.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:19   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm the same actually.

I hate scary movies. I don't see the point in watching a film with next-to-no plot, just to make me jump every few minutes. They just aren't enjoyable. On top of that, I get the same thing as starmog, I get very paranoid. Of course I know there's no zombies (or whatever) around my house, but my mind still plays up and until I'm safely tucked up in bed, I'm not a happy bunny.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:34   #14
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I bet a zombie jumps out right no...yeah there it is"
I can predict when that will happen, I can have watched the film before and know it will, I still jump a ****ing mile though
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 23:40   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

horror films

'oh look lighting and music to build up tension'

'so are they going to keep us waiting with the scary bit'

'oh here it comes..there it is'
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:28   #16
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

When talking about horror movies certain things come to light...

One of those things is: Who on the forums is a big girly poof!?

So far I have: Starmog, Tomkat...

Come on, out of the closet you fags...
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:29   #17
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

'It' still scares the bollocks off me now and its only a 12
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 00:31   #18
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 06:02   #19
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
when i went and saw starsky + hutch i saw the trailer for it - looks good to me
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 06:23   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

spoilers!

I saw Dawn of the Dead the other day, it was shite. There seemed to be various people acting decently, just completely out of context. A dad I've hardly seen before finds out he's getting shot, and my precious minutes are wasted trying to make me feel sympathy for an extra. Then similarly the girl is in love with some random guy who dies. Oh, it's showing how the disaster brings suffering to innocent people, right. The proper way to do that is to build up characters, or show children screaming. Why were there no children except one at the start? I guess they all bled to death.
On thrills, it didn't meet expectations. The zombies were too fake (not like real zombies at all) and retarded. The chainsaw accident was my favourite part of the film, but other than that nothing particularly exciting that I remember.
The credit sequence was a nice touch though.

Quote:
Not as good as the original.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's just 28 days later, set in America, and called "Dawn of the Dead".
I thought 28 Days Later was decent, at least it made me jump once or twice.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 08:37   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thing is, Dawn of the Dead (original) did well what every good zombie film should do; make the people out to be worse than the zombies.

And it did this with a zombie slapstick sequence with motorbikes and custard pies.

ps.

Is the ending still the 'WOW ZOMBIES = CONSUMERS HAHAHAH FREEDOM OF CHOICE' one, with the zombies wandering around over muzak?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 10:26   #22
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
spoilers!

I saw Dawn of the Dead the other day, it was shite. There seemed to be various people acting decently, just completely out of context. A dad I've hardly seen before finds out he's getting shot, and my precious minutes are wasted trying to make me feel sympathy for an extra. Then similarly the girl is in love with some random guy who dies. Oh, it's showing how the disaster brings suffering to innocent people, right. The proper way to do that is to build up characters, or show children screaming. Why were there no children except one at the start? I guess they all bled to death.
On thrills, it didn't meet expectations. The zombies were too fake (not like real zombies at all) and retarded. The chainsaw accident was my favourite part of the film, but other than that nothing particularly exciting that I remember.
The credit sequence was a nice touch though.

Sounds like a film right up my street. ROLF. I`m definately gonna have go and see it.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 10:29   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Sounds like a film right up my street. ROLF. I`m definately gonna have go and see it.
Did you like Resident Evil too?

'Watch out, we don't want to get attacked by a zombie!'
'OH NO, A ZOMBIE'S ATTACKING US'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 10:39   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my flatemate said it wasnt half as good as the hype and not in the least scary.

i think cabin fever has been the biggest dissapointment recently.
We were told that it was absoutely shit scary.

It wasnt. There wasnt a single moment where i thought 'argh'.

and its obvious 'political correctness' issue with the gun sale looked tacked on.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 10:44   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i think cabin fever has been the biggest dissapointment recently.
Cabin Fever wasn't a horror film. It was a comedy with some gore. I mean, "Pancake, Pancake, Pancake!" - how was that supposed to be horror?

Also, the bit with the guy from "Boy Meets World" going crazy and killing people was . After he banged the girl (the slut who was dying) he became a fighting ninja. It was great.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 11:33   #26
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
I didn't intend to suggest that 28 Days Later wasn't a good film by comparing it to Dawn of The Dead, because it is a very good film indeed. What I meant is that the zombies (in that they RUN), and the camera work/atmosphere are very similar.

It's ironic really that the remake of Dawn of the Dead is copying 28 Days Later that is copying the original Dawn of The Dead..
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 13:47   #27
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Inva...8261/about.php

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/deathrace.html

On the theme of bad films

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 14:07   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only good bit was when the gunstore guy used his sniper rifle to shoot the zombies in the head. Why they even bothered having a script is beyond me, just have people killing zombies for two hours and let the viewing public see what they came for. Oh and who wrote that script? Because I actually could have pulled a better one out of my ass.