User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Mar 2004, 14:20   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
GI's run over a car

Apart from the possible political load, it's quite cool to see how that tank drives over that car.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 15:16   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: GI's run over a car

Utter wankers!
Couldnt they have just confiscated the wood?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 15:18   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

also funny how they found an excuse to fire a whole clip at the car...
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 18:51   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

heh...gotta love them americans
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 19:14   #5
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

thats not real....

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 21:02   #6
Billy No Brains

Billy No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant future

What a hoot.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 21:38   #7
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

now...what a crappy car
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 00:39   #8
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

what-a mistake-a to make-a
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 00:52   #9
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

is prolly not real anyway...

Unread 15 Mar 2004, 01:32   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You allready told us that, now, let us others have fun pointing at stupid soldiers.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 01:40   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Although the voice over and the information the narrator gives could be fake, the movie itself seems fairly real.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:17   #12
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

If that's real, someone's head rolled for it.. Too many things going on there that the US Army wouldn't approve of...wasting ammo, showboating for the camera (or interacting at all with a journalist), etc. I'm not sure how it would be FAKE though, seeing as that's an authentic M1 Abrams...

All that aside, I always wanted to run over a car and never got to
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 06:09   #13
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

perhaps its like one of those "a dollar a swing" charity events?

Unread 15 Mar 2004, 12:52   #14
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Sandsnakes first post EVER
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 04:22   #15
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Utter wankers!
Couldnt they have just confiscated the wood?
And do what with it? Throw in the back bed of the Abrahm? Maybe do what most middle eastern police forces would have done? Shoot them? HEHE, I think they got off easy when they could have had jail time or loose a hand.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 10:04   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

So, beacause they might encounter more facist police, it's okay to be assholes against them? Yeah, that's the spirit!

Like, i could beat up a black man, but not too hard, since he COULD meet some neo-nazies, and they would really kick his ass!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 10:16   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Its a fake.

Look at the clipping involved in the video as it 'gos over' the car.

Also look at when they're 'shooting' the car, you dont see or here any bullet impacts.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 16:28   #18
Intrepid00

You know, I remeber a episode on Candid camera where they had a tank run over a mans wifes car. Apprently she gets a lot of parking tickets so the husband had her setup. When she parked her car for lunch they quickly hung a "Tank Parking Only" sign and replaced her car with a dummy.

The dummy had its engine removed, fuel tank and battery. All, if ran over, would have most likely exploded. They where most concerened about the battery.

The best part was watching the tank run over the car just as she walked outside.

Now, I didn't notice any fuel leakage on the ground and it could just be me but the hood looked pretty flat for a engine to be under the hood.

I now have my doubts on this being real.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 16:56   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Its a fake.

Look at the clipping involved in the video as it 'gos over' the car.

Also look at when they're 'shooting' the car, you dont see or here any bullet impacts.
Wether the event itself is fake or not the clip is real. I've tried watching the tank going over the car and I can see no clipping at all, plus the movement and deforming of the car matches perfectly. The only bit I could see that might be mistaken for clipping is an area of the car that looks like it quickly disappears but on closer inspection if actually the front door of the vehicle being forced closed as the tank goes over that section.

When they unload their clips into the car you can see each impact hitting the glass quite clearly and even hear the impact if you listen carefully enough. Funny enough this is not the first time I've seen something like this demonstrated and the purpose of shooting out the glass windows is to prevent glass shards from exploding outward when the tank goes over the vehicle. Also with regard to someone elses comment about the engine you may notice on the last part that the engine bay is fully intact and uncrushed because they only ran over the middle of the vehicle.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:24   #20
Intrepid00

You didn't address the fact of the lack of leaking fuel though.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:59   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
You didn't address the fact of the lack of leaking fuel though.
They were too poor to fill it up?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 16:00   #22
Intrepid00

World's largest wheelbarrow?