User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 00:36   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Arnold Schwarzenegger

worst

accent

ever

im just watching total recall and i think its the first time ever i watched one of his movies in english. how could he ever have any sucess? i cant stop smiling whenever he says something.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 00:37   #2
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

You don't need a pretty accent to be a action movie star.

Tehehe, "The Govenator"
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 00:40   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

no, of course not, but if you are some kind of action-movie-star then an accent that makes people laugh isnt exactly usefull, is it?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 00:44   #4
Intrepid00

Why do you think "I'll be back" is so popular.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:16   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Arnold Schwarznebberhoodlewoodlewingbang
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:16   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

German speaking people are funny

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:19   #7
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
German speaking people are funny
he doesnt sound that funny and austrian in german.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 04:08   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think his accent is amusing...
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 04:33   #9
Intrepid00

Please see Kindergarden Cop
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 07:37   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For some of his roles, it works quite well (mainly the Terminator films).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 10:45   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

"I am ze fake German come from ze future zoo kill yoo"

<insert lots of big explosions here>

<insert more explosions and a car chase>

"I'll be back"

See... it's not that hard to understand... action movies aren't about lots of dialogue but about big explosions and destruction and stuff.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 11:40   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity

See... it's not that hard to understand... action movies aren't about lots of dialogue but about big explosions and destruction and stuff.
and stuff
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 11:45   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
and stuff
Yeah... stuff... like wannabe drama trying to make the movie more accesible to house wives and space ship thingies to satisfy the little nerds among us.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 12:05   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
Probably doesnt, i was just trying to be a xenophobic arsehole.

Anyway, in answer to your question, Arnie is how a lot of the western world thinks German people speak.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 12:47   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Probably doesnt, i was just trying to be a xenophobic arsehole.

Anyway, in answer to your question, Arnie is how a lot of the western world thinks German people speak.
So, you mean, Jerries don't say "i'll be back" all the time?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:03   #16
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

wtf? do you call germans today "Jerries"?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:04   #17
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
and by western you mean the beloved USA?

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:05   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
wtf? do you call germans today "Jerries"?
Sometimes... yeh...
I guess it's because I used to play this flight simulator, European air war or so, and they called the German baddies "Jerries".
"Jerries... 10 o clock high".
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:07   #19
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

this flight simulator definaltey wins the most gay award in gaming history.

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:14   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
this flight simulator definaltey wins the most gay award in gaming history.
Not really, as "Jerries" was a common phrase in the second world war so I've heard. The Brittish were called "Tommies" BTW. And I'm sure I've heard the word "Jerries" in some TV-series too.

Ask Dead_Meat, he'll tell you the same thing.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 13:17   #21
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

tommies is from the superb machine pistol so this name is .

but Jerry, really and btw the 2nd ww was "kind of gay" (rehtorical seen..?)

HAHAHAAHAH!

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 14:32   #22
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Not really, as "Jerries" was a common phrase in the second world war so I've heard.
i thought that was "kraut" ?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 14:47   #23
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote:
I think, his german / austrian voice in the movies isn't even his own? Only his (bad) English voice is original... Not?

Anyway, if you find Arnies voice funny (and I sure do), go and download "Mad TV - Arnolds Clone Movie". Kazaa etc should help.
Damn funny, really. [Stolen Identity 3 ;p]

As well as Mad TVs fake Terminator 3 Trailer ^^
Or Arnies recording session (for an animated movie but he doesn't get it).
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 14:54   #24
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
i thought that was "kraut" ?
I don't know for sure, but I think that was what the Americans called them, and the British called them Jerries. I can't find any conclusive sources for that tho and the one I found implies otherwise
http://www.faqfarm.com/History/WWII/9629
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 19:52   #25
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Krauts and Limeys would be more common now, but I hear Jerries and Tommies in reference to WWII all the time.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:49   #26
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jerry/Gerry is chiefly British/commonwealth usage and actually dates to WWI. Kraut was more popular with American soldiers. Also Hun, Fritz, Boche, etc.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:52   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm surprised that no-one has called him Arnold Swastika yet.

He is the German equivalent of Mel Gibson; we need less of these people in our life.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:05   #28
Intrepid00

I thought Arnny was Austrian.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:12   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Austrians are Germans. They simply ended up existing serperately in a political sense from most Germans by historical accident.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:12   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They all look the same.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:27   #31
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
I think, his german / austrian voice in the movies isn't even his own? Only his (bad) English voice is original... Not?
i guess so, at least it doesnt sound that austrian.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:30   #32
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Austrians are Germans. They simply ended up existing serperately in a political sense from most Germans by historical accident.
there was no germany back then, so how can that be?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:36   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
there was no germany back then, so how can that be?
I thought we were proceeding on the assumption that Austria was (originally.) a German state of The HRE and it's people were culturally German.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:43   #34
wu_trax

Quote:
I thought we were proceeding on the assumption that Austria was (originally.) a German state of The HRE and it's people were culturally German.
what about the netherlands or swizerland then? they left 300 years earlier, but still, same story.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:50   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
what about the netherlands or swizerland then? they left 300 years earlier, but still, same story.
Neither of them was culturally wholly German. Although tbh I have really lost the will to live by this point.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 00:17   #36
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
He is the German equivalent of Mel Gibson
I was going to make some joke about The Passion of The Führer but that'd be bad taste would it not?