User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2004, 15:14   #1
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Planetarion, and why it's still fun to play.

Some people may find this post not very interesting, I just want to express my feelings about how I enjoyed this round.

Before round I had doubts about what to do. I had some good offers in nice FPM galaxies and thought it was worth going for it. The only problem I had, was that I promised Ace and Nitros to play for LCH, and that promise I wasn't intending to break. Because I wanted a round off as player, but still wanted to do something for LCH, I decided to start my own scanplanet. Early jumpgate's can help an alliance very good, and in this way I didn't have to play very hardcore, but good still do a lot for LCH.

Marty, a m8 I've met in the last 2 speedrounds joined my gal. He would be cov/op scanplanet for VsN and some friends. He mainly cov opped and scanned, I mainly scanned and cov opped. After doing loads of scans the first weeks for LCH, people got JP's themselves. I enjoyed helping people getting roids or saving there fleets, my main work was over. I focussed more on cov ops, and our gal fund limit was reached very soon. So I decided to start building ships.

We all know this round alliance politics, many people gave up, bust some kept fighting. Some of those people, deleted there old planet and joined marty and my galaxy. Desse, Legator, Androx, Jupp, Hathor. All people who still wanted to play for the fun element.
We had two rulez:
1) 100 roids a day, keep the pracktoss away!
2) Get AS juicy as possible! And see how far we can get.

We could of course roid all those easy newbies with loads of roids, getting roids wasn't a very hard job. And since we where pretty small, we didn't had much incoming. When we started growing, the first incoming started. Ofcourse, who else then the great Legator stressed out \0/ We needed more activity, night coverage etc etc We attacked a lot, had incoming a lot, defended where we could. Reported incoming to either VsN or LCH. Damn we had loads of fun, of course sometimes we where a real def suck-up, and there for many many thanks to VsN and LCH for defending our galaxy. The number of times we had defence, or even smashed an attacker where a lot. Only a couple of times some of us lost roids. Of course atm you have them, you don't want to lose them, but losing them wasn't that bad... We just went out roiding again. With galm8's like Desse, leg, drox, jupp, marty, hathor I really enjoyed playing again. We just tried to do as much as we could... Keep going, having fun...We cared about our planet/gal but didn't overcare..

Also all those guys in LCH, who deffed there ass off for me, or dc'd, people like Nitros, Ace, Elusion, Zmeu, Harm, Henck, Grimlock and all those I forgot to mention...many many thanks. Damn good defence for an alliance who was fighting for keeping the fun alive... I doubt many alliance getting owned so bad at start, could survive it with this much spirit, and the same counts for Vision. I've got to know a lot of people there this round, I remember trying to break my "report record" . Is started to report at XX:20 to wandows.. Then XX:10 then XX:04 all the same day.(I'm a bit slow with seeing we have inc) We had daily incoming, sometimes more then 1 wave, sometimes 10 waves. Covered all we could, try to save all we could.

It's not that I'm writing a story about how good we are. I think VsN/LCH and co, and also other alliances, have proved that every galaxy even the #1 is roidable.. Our galaxy could have been roided by Mistu or Fang(If people where small enough to launch ) It just didn't happen. We had loads of fun having those incoming, loads of fun covering it and loads of fun attacking. I just wanne express I enjoyed this round a lot, and that's because of my galm8's, the #TINQ people and alliances like VsN and LCH, who have a great community and spirit, and in this thread, I wanted to thank them for a great round!

Thunder
24:6:1

P.S. Round is finished now.. Rank #101 most sucky rank in universe thx TheVoiD(#100)

Last edited by Lord_Thunderball; 19 May 2004 at 19:09.
Lord_Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 15:42   #2
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Re: Planetarion, and why it's still fun to play.

Thanks for letting me join your gal with an inactive planet.

I had shitloads of fun and managed to sleep everynight, even though we never talked about who would be online or anything.

If we had been attacked more at night, we might possibly have lost a lot of roids.

I know, I only lost 2 waves of roids after joining the gal. (ofc it cost me 800 roids, but still massive fun)

Thanks to Thunder, Marty(r5 mate), Androx, Legator, jupp and hathor(who showed me, that not all FAnG people are bad).

Keep having fun and cya all in round 11

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets

Last edited by Desse; 19 May 2004 at 15:54.
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 15:51   #3
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

for the 6.5 weeks we spend together in a galaxy, gaining a top 60 rank in universe. I can say we did pretty decent for a 7 planet fun galaxy.

Thanks for getting me in the galaxy, this galaxy kinda made me see why Planetarion is FUN at all costs, no matter how political issue's in PA itself are based.

Thanks all for being in a galaxy with people that love fun and don't stop due to lame politics. I think thats the most important thing we had/have.

-AndroX
24:6:5
Unread 19 May 2004, 15:56   #4
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Sounds fun... Looking forward coming back to play some more next round.

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 16:06   #5
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

well done to you n your gal pity i couldnt take some of those juicy roids you got
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 16:31   #6
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you guys had alot more fun than me being on top-gal.. it was the most boring round ever..
Much more fun when i joined a random gal in pax..
If i end up in a gal like i did this round again, i will exile to have more fun next round, cause this round wasn't worth it :/
(Didn't know it was gonna be a top-gal, since we put it together 30mins before ticks started)

good that you had fun guys
fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 16:52   #7
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

great job, good point proven. Ofc the n00bs were overly fat in the latter part of the game meaning very easy roiding for active small people, some people might even say wd bashers, but that is truely what planetarion is about, fun for all cost

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 16:55   #8
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Uhm Thunder.
You know shitloads of people in the FPM block. ur planetname was ur real name. So MUCH people didnt sended fleets to you or your galm8es because of it.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:25   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Uhm Thunder.
You know shitloads of people in the FPM block. ur planetname was ur real name. So MUCH people didnt sended fleets to you or your galm8es because of it.
your complete wrong there id say - we had a good sum of incs....maybe some thought twice about it - but that happens often when you get to know that your attacking a friend.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:29   #10
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

heya thunder

ive to say i didnt delete any planet - i moved in from a freebie galaxy (thats a differense !)

i stressed out ? FFS ! i said before this round started that i wanted to quit, what happened ? i got me a freebie planet, sunnie ugraded me (thanks for that) and i joined the galaxy....problem is - if i play i play serious :/

well, it was pure fun, i think most fun since round 4.

many thanks to my awesome galaxymates and also to vsn who supported me with while i only payed a bit back .

Galaxy 24:6 is really awesome and its a sad fact for the game that we ended up quite high. (im bitter)

thanks 24:6

Legator

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:55   #11
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam
great job, good point proven. Ofc the n00bs were overly fat in the latter part of the game meaning very easy roiding for active small people, some people might even say wd bashers, but that is truely what planetarion is about, fun for all cost
They were indeed, but being on the "losing" part of the block meant we were allied to about every other alliance except Phraktos, Fang and Mistu. So try to pick a "n00b" from the thousands of naps/friendlies this universe has and let me know again HOW easy you think it will be to get roid fat
Unread 19 May 2004, 18:17   #12
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

And stay roidfat Drox...

And General, indeed I know a lot of people in Mistu/Fang/Phratktoss. Some ofcourse didn't attack me, which was great... But I also had people who attacked me for who I am.. And pm'd me after.. I just wanted to try it... And stuff like that \0/ For us mid game.. so 3 weeks ago, I had every day more then 4/5 waves. So cool Lost 800 roids in totall, that was just something which was how it should... Losing, gaining while having fun \0/
Unread 19 May 2004, 18:56   #13
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Thunder I know you promised Nitros and me you would be the LCH scanner and I think you did a great job for the alliance.
But you started growing
All of the LCH members wanted to thank you for all your hard work at the start of the round by defending you

I'm damn proud of every LCH member.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 06:53   #14
Hathor
Goddess

Hathor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for letting me find out about the fun part of playing again. It was like being back in rd 3 when I was allianceless then also.
I did delete my planet and announce I wouldn't be playing ,but to my shock ,I realized i had a credit that I hadn't used/given away. I happened to mention this to leg and suddenly I'm signing up for the gal.
it was great fun, especially being with ppl I would never usually get to play with instead of against .
Finding ppl to attack was a new revelation, instead of relying on an alliance and oh my, who to turn to when you get incomings and no one eta 7 to call on !
Galm8s, that's who and boy were they fantastic.
Than YOU Thunder, Desse, Legator, Androx, Jupp and Marty for letting me rediscover the joys of PA.
Love you all
Hathor
24:6:7
PS:ending in top 60 was rather hysterical also for a bunch of inactives lol
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 09:34   #15
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

we ended in top10 and we were inactives too
didnt roid last month
fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 13:05   #16
Fredtje

Fredtje is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe, was idd fun to see you guys getting roids, and most of the time keep them. Respect for that. Though I think you havent had serious MISTU incoming except from Dreamy but that aint serious

Congratz with the fun round and the nice gal-rank. Liked to see TheVoid from all ppl spoiling your top 100 rank

PS
Thunder I ended with more roids then you. So shall we buy a bottle of drank for eachother and drink it in Zandvoort with next meeting? and I will buy kilroy a nice present (doll) for the great target last week due to which I could cap 800 roids and overtook you again in roids.
Round8 [KniV]
Round9 [FAnG]
Round9.5 [Đragons]
Round10 [Đragons]
Round10.5 [MISTU]
Round 15 Comeback?

Proud to have been RedBull
Proud member of R6B Speedround Gods
Proud member of MISTU
Fredtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 09:25   #17
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Nice to see my friends in one gal and the good part of it is: they are having fun

Good round gits: Desse, Sire Legs, marty, and my mom Hathor (hugs).
Unread 22 May 2004, 19:36   #18
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Nice to see my friends in one gal and the good part of it is: they are having fun

Good round gits: Desse, Sire Legs, marty, and my mom Hathor (hugs).

/me licks furssie

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 22 May 2004, 19:55   #19
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Thanks for letting me join your gal with an inactive planet.

Thanks to Thunder, Marty(r5 mate), Androx, Legator, jupp and hathor(who showed me, that not all FAnG people are bad).
thks for forgetting me m8
Unread 22 May 2004, 23:59   #20
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
well done to you n your gal pity i couldnt take some of those juicy roids you got

Pity you couldnt take any roids at all biatch Colt = the lowest roidscore in top 10!! (this is only harass because he actually made it to top 10 after being a n00b for ages)

Sounds fun Thunder. Wasnt toooo active myself this round. Tried to sleep everynight, and usually managed to do so(for some reason LTs seem to be early mornin nowadays, and I dont mind skipping school for PA)

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 08:17   #21
Hathor
Goddess

Chika you weren't in our gal sweetie
huggles furs...where have you been ?
Unread 23 May 2004, 08:24   #22
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor
Chika you weren't in our gal sweetie
huggles furs...where have you been ?
I'm just around... Been dating aussies lately.
Unread 23 May 2004, 08:30   #23
Hathor
Goddess

woohoo
But then why not, us Aussies recognize a sexy guy when we see one
Unread 30 May 2004, 10:28   #24
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about

Hehe, as the gal channel for 24:6 was #TINQ which is an old chan used by more ppl then just the gal, I had the pleasure of seeing all the fun happening.

Also fun to see Desse play again after deleting his planet initially from my gal (13:3, also had fun )

All in all, I had fun, even tho I was not very active and I wanna give a BIG thx to Elysium and LCH.

C ya later,
Yama

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 05:03   #25
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Well, the game is so weird, it's got to be worth a try.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 19:13   #26
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaZZam
Hehe, as the gal channel for 24:6 was #TINQ which is an old chan used by more ppl then just the gal, I had the pleasure of seeing all the fun happening.

Also fun to see Desse play again after deleting his planet initially from my gal (13:3, also had fun )

All in all, I had fun, even tho I was not very active and I wanna give a BIG thx to Elysium and LCH.

C ya later,
Yama
youve to thank me that im your friend !

/me licks yazzam

VfL Bochum >*