User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Apr 2004, 22:52   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
VGN : Shame!

Every round I usually take on a couple of new players to teach them the game, how to build a decent attack/defence fleet etc, the basics…

Every round the newbie’s get smashed or waved by bigger well established players and every round half of the beginners leave and never returns!

This round is different for several reasons; one is the lack of players.
It should be up to the rest of us “oldies” to take care of the few who actually find their way into this game? But NO NO……. easy roids are always easy roids where ever they are.

One of my “disciples” came into our chan and asked for advice; he was(is) attacked by a gal more then 3 times bigger then his own and the planet(attacking) were(is) more then double the size he had.

My advice was communication; try to talk with the attacker……. He tried and after a while the HC of the attackers allie sends a msg….

“you were roid heavy. You can't expect to sustain a high roid ratio and shout newbie bashing just because you have a lower score.”

ffS he had 240 roids with a score of 560.000, and that he called roid fat!!????

I might have had this one slipped if the alliance was a new inexperienced one but
when a HC of VGN sends such msg:s I can not stand beside without action!

One word : SHAME on you!

Respect is what you earn from your actions and you my dear Sir (HC of VNG) have not earned mine!
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 22:57   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: VGN : Shame!

The Mentor Team Thread might be of interest to you.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 23:04   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

The problem: new players dont stay.

The solution: feeder alliances, such as the old cpv/wrath etc etc etc

Reason it wont work: established alliances using spies.

Nothing will change.

Lets give the mentor team a BIG shout fo support and help them out.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 23:05   #4
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
The Mentor Team Thread might be of interest to you.

gee right, I might invite a special HC to join too...
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 23:12   #5
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

Nothing will change.

If you got a position to make a different then you should use it, right?
As a HC of an established alliance you should have the brain to do so but apparently the brain part is missing in some alliances.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 23:46   #6
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

VGN need roids just like everyone else.
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 23:53   #7
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

PA works like this: Small players init roids, bigger players roid them. Some players often tend to roid easy targets, meaning as small as possible to have cheap roids. To be attacked by planets twice or triple your size is not uncommon but as I experienced it the usual way to roid in PA. Not that is very "nice" to roid smaller ones, but PA is not about being nice to each other but about killing planets to get roids...
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 00:50   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

Nothing will change.

Actually you're wrong.

I'll give my two pence as to why.

The alliance limit. Such a thing makes a recruitment wing impossible unless Wrath was a seperate alliance which in theory is fine - but if its to consist of new people they need more experienced members to help them along. Fury helped defend Wrath early on during the establishment and with how alliances work now recruitment wings would need to be figured into the 100 member limit which frankly seems rather difficult.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 03:52   #9
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

VGN are newbies themselves, especially most of their HC.

So it wasn't newbie bashing. Just bashing.. or overkilling :-)
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 06:12   #10
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend who was unallied for most of the round and got no def from galmates ever who is now in top400. He gets attacked on a regular basis but the way to go is to get roids back as fast as possible by constantly attacking. He got attacked by top 10 gals before, but it doesn't matter. So what's your point?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:31   #11
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

240 roids and 560k value is hugely roidfat. i have 300 roids and 900k value and still get attacked a lot... so clearly i am roidfat, therefore 240 and 560k is HUGELY fat.... (no sarcasm at all here, heh)
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:57   #12
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auro
I have a friend who was unallied for most of the round and got no def from galmates ever who is now in top400. He gets attacked on a regular basis but the way to go is to get roids back as fast as possible by constantly attacking. He got attacked by top 10 gals before, but it doesn't matter. So what's your point?

The point is that we should leave newbies alone and concentrate on our enemies instead of bashing noobs just for the reason off easy roids.

Cos this game depends on us getting new players in, players that stays long enough to learn this game.

Now people sign up plays a month and after been bashed down to dirt they leave and never comes back.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:02   #13
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
The point is that we should leave newbies alone and concentrate on our enemies instead of bashing noobs just for the reason off easy roids.
Perish the thought - they might actually attack them back!!

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters

Last edited by mazzelaar; 30 Apr 2004 at 08:05. Reason: Thoght I was mpf for a moment there
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:15   #14
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Perish the thought - they might actually attack them back!!

I guess you don’t see the importance off this thread.

I also understand that you always belonged to alliances that never ever had taken care or concentrated on teaching new players the game!?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:46   #15
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I guess you don?t see the importance off this thread.

I also understand that you always belonged to alliances that never ever had taken care or concentrated on teaching new players the game!?
VGN is one of the alliances that do teach new players how to play the game, that's why we have members from the top of the ranks to the bottom, all sizes.

This makes it difficult to arrange attacks everyone is satisfied with, so it's not weird some of us attack on our own like in this case, and the roids/value doesnt matter much if the fleet is unbalanced, maybe it was a perfect target for our member?

fuz
fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:50   #16
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts

I can only say : LOL

GlowDog
Vengeance HC
rather n00b and have fun then be arrogant and irritated

in other words : get a life
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:56   #17
GlowDog
VGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112

define newbie for me please

GlowDog
end rnd 1 - rnd 6 , rnd 8 - now
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 13:21   #18
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112

Siggie says enough tbh
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 13:31   #19
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I guess you don?t see the importance off this thread.

If you'd read it properly you would've seen it for what it was. A tongue in cheek dig at the big guys constantly hitting the litle fellows as soon as they dare to initiaite a roid. So, in short, I was actually agreeing with you

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 13:35   #20
MotoX
Stolen

Yep, my mistake sorry! – got somewhat fired up by all the noobs answering here.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 14:10   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
If you'd read it properly you would've seen it for what it was. A tongue in cheek dig at the big guys constantly hitting the litle fellows as soon as they dare to initiaite a roid. So, in short, I was actually agreeing with you
You got any roids left then?

Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 14:17   #22
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
You got any roids left then?

Plenty - wanna try coming to get em again ;p

Quote:
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:14   #23
Sapphrine

Sapphrine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.. Ok, i responded to you and I think a few simple things to clarify.

The player that attacked you wasn't VGN, I however am

The player being hit had 25% more roids when he was launched on and he had a ratio around 5.3 at that point. So in essence he was a fair target.

Please quit whining about a player being hit in a war game. Heaven forbid, next we'll have big players complaining about all the little plebs hitting them together!
Sapphrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:45   #24
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphrine
Hi there.. Ok, i responded to you and I think a few simple things to clarify.

The player that attacked you wasn't VGN, I however am

The player being hit had 25% more roids when he was launched on and he had a ratio around 5.3 at that point. So in essence he was a fair target.

Please quit whining about a player being hit in a war game. Heaven forbid, next we'll have big players complaining about all the little plebs hitting them together!

You obviously don’t get it and you are a HC in a alliance, sad - very sad indeed!
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:52   #25
GlowDog
VGN

ROFL

one thing is for sure, your info suxx you dont even know who is hc and who is not ...
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:08   #26
MotoX
Stolen

I don’t really care who is HC or not, there is a bigger issue discussed here!
It seems that either you or your fellow HC/friend/girlfriend etc doesn’t get the main point of this thread and for that I feel really sad for the both of you!

Stick your heads in the sand where it belongs and I will tell you the truth someday.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:55   #27
GlowDog
VGN

Quote:
I don’t really care who is HC or not, there is a bigger issue discussed here!
It seems that either you or your fellow HC/friend/girlfriend etc doesn’t get the main point of this thread and for that I feel really sad for the both of you!

Stick your heads in the sand where it belongs and I will tell you the truth someday.
hegegegeggegegegee ( popeye grin )

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:15   #28
fuz

Quote:
I don?t really care who is HC or not, there is a bigger issue discussed here!
It seems that either you or your fellow HC/friend/girlfriend etc doesn?t get the main point of this thread and for that I feel really sad for the both of you!

I know the point of this thread shouldn't be planets noob-bashing, since this was no noob-bash, and its allready 200 other threads about it.

I also dont like the topic of the thread, since vgn had nothing to do with it.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:35   #29
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowDog
hegegegeggegegegee ( popeye grin )

Mature answer from an adult? And also a HC of an alliance, well whose lucky not to be a part of that alliance?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:40   #30
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuz
I know the point of this thread shouldn't be planets noob-bashing, since this was no noob-bash, and its allready 200 other threads about it.

I also dont like the topic of the thread, since vgn had nothing to do with it.

True but he was addressed as a GC of that Gal and he said the attack was ok… figure out the rest!?

Sidenot ; the player in question have left the game and will not return!
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:22   #31
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah! this sux
bloody vgn!

I feel with you motox
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 09:00   #32
fuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
yeah! this sux
bloody vgn!

I feel with you motox
rofl, no need to reply on that one
Unread 1 May 2004, 09:01   #33
fuz

i did it anyway
Unread 1 May 2004, 14:51   #34
Sapphrine

Sapphrine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You obviously don’t get it and you are a HC in a alliance, sad - very sad indeed!

No I really don't get it.. its so tragic.. To think that a player would hit some one half his side with about 65% of his roids and not consider the target viable..... to think that someone can be so anally retentive that one of his friends quit because he was trying to sustain a reasonably high roid ratio and didn't get away with it.. no... no really i don't understand.

Come on. Seriously. You're saying that because a VGN GC says he doesn't have a problem with one of his players attacking to get roids from what I see as a reasonable target, VGN should be ashamed about what?!! There is no logical connection....
Sapphrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:24   #35
MotoX
Stolen

You see I’m not your kindergarten teacher and I don’t have time to learn you the basics of things. If you can’t comprehend take your questions elsewhere.

Result: That Noob took his 2 other friends and left the game…
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:00   #36
CrazyMike

CrazyMike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You see I’m not your kindergarten teacher and I don’t have time to learn you the basics of things. If you can’t comprehend take your questions elsewhere.

Result: That Noob took his 2 other friends and left the game…
My god man, grow up. Its a war game!

Some PA Basic Principles...

1) Gain Roids
2) Only attack people you can beat
3) Dont play if you can handle being hit yourself
4) More roids you have, the more attention you attract

Ive been bashed the hell out of, many many times in this game. Just last week i was raided for 3 days straight, lost 400 odd roids. It happens, got my roids back by attacking smaller guys.

I know... how about they set up a version of pa where attacks are banned? and the aim of the game is to sit there initiating roids all round? Get real...

Ive been around a long time, its easy these days to get into pa, when i started you'd have 50 mil guys killing 500k peeps, and attacking every day until they had the last roid. If your friend cant take an attack, then he made the right choice to leave.

Mike
CrazyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 02:30   #37
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Am I the only one, who seems to perceive that MotoX is a tad dumb?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 06:54   #38
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever happened to stay and fight? I've been hit by 3 people twice my size, and I managed to knock off a ton of their score (like, 15-20%) before getting roided
Unread 2 May 2004, 07:40   #39
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Am I the only one, who seems to perceive that MotoX is a tad dumb?

hehe and you must be 12...atleast
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:51   #40
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auro
Whatever happened to stay and fight? I've been hit by 3 people twice my size, and I managed to knock off a ton of their score (like, 15-20%) before getting roided
Because people only attack targets where they wouldn't lose too many ships?

I know that I always calc my targets, and in general, the worst losses I accept are 1:1 for roid:frigate... And if they stay, depending on their race, they'll lose some ships. Caths tend to lose hundreds of their advos, terrans will lose vesuvii/medusa, , ziks will lose fr etc...

I remember last round, I roided Achilles (he was just some random target then ) and he stood and fought, and lost all of his vesuvii (which was most of his fleet, a hundred or so) whilst I only lost a few CRs... The same happens all the time. I always have to run part of my fleet from attackers if I don't get def in order to save them, it's the tactics used now IMO.
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 14:31   #41
CrazyMike

CrazyMike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hehe and you must be 12...atleast
Well what can i say? That just about sums it up.

Go back to that rock you crawled from under. If you are unable you have an intelligent debate without resorting to the old "Your a 12 year old", or "You still in kindergarden" then stay off the forums.

You Came, You posted, You got yer backside whipped.

If you think its wrong to attack people in this game, then you are playing the wrong game, please leave us in peace :P

Mike
CrazyMike is offline   Reply With Quote