User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:33   #51
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
WE knew u were gonna wave us tonight. WEET HC told me that WEETNNEHRZF wouldnt split before EVER VOM gal was out of top 100.

Yes the war plans are all written and ready to go ! All we need now is all your galaxies out of the Top 100 ! It makes so much sense now

You knew you were going to get waved so you pussied it, hoping to hang onto asteroids for later in the round is far more accurate.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:33   #52
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I thought hirr fell under the A in NAR.
hirr isn't in Auld

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:33   #53
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I thought hirr fell under the A in NAR.
It sure doesnt.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:34   #54
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

Yes the war plans are all written and ready to go ! All we need now is all your galaxies out of the Top 100 ! It makes so much sense now
On this matter I only go by what WEET HC are telling me.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:35   #55
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
WEET HC told me that WEETNNEHRZF wouldnt split before EVER VOM gal was out of top 100.
Here's some advice then: Never believe the enemy, especially when they're doing you a favor.

Jester
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:36   #56
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
On this matter I only go by what WEET HC are telling me.
Yes ! Because HCs are always telling enemy HCs all about their strategic planning, did it occur to you that *may* be fobbing you off with lies so we can laugh at the PMs in command channels ?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:37   #57
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
It sure doesnt.
My bad then. Thought hirr classed under it. One question is why is their block referred to as just NAR?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:44   #58
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Of course refusing alliance defence like most good HC and Officers do in times of need would be far too much to ask wouldn't it ?
Well, hicks...I have already done that at previous occations...not that there is much def to come by.

Mostly the c0ws are busy crossdeffing ingal.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:44   #59
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
My bad then. Thought hirr classed under it. One question is why is their block referred to as just NAR?
Lack of knowledge.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:44   #60
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
I recommend that all members of the alliances in the above jumble of letters go into vacation mode as well and claim that they won

roll on R10
why on earth would anyone come back for a round 10 after this fiasco?

Trin
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:45   #61
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

You knew you were going to get waved so you pussied it, hoping to hang onto asteroids for later in the round is far more accurate.
Is there any sense in allowing vastly superior numbers the opportunities to show they have many more galaxies available than their targets. You may say its chickening out... taking your toys etc but basically there is no point in it all. OFC you could wave us.... gee that takes a lot of courage. At least NoS did it before news-scans and showed initaitive.

The game was always going to stagnate with such a large block and should we care that your plans have been messed up because of vacation. I have never used it before and will probably never use it again but lets just all say your powerblock has won round one and as quoted in your defence thread by Focht you get ready for the next war.

If I never come out of vacation its no big deal... I warned some-one before about stagnation so explain to your members why they attack targets with less than 100 roids each night in waves and why its such a great plan.

Shifting the emphasis on the people who vacate is a fine strategy but perhaps you need to look further than one missed raid tonight
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:46   #62
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Well, hicks...I have already done that at previous occations...not that there is much def to come by.

Mostly the c0ws are busy crossdeffing ingal.
So why is Dovey arguing that you going into vacation mode is good because you won't suck up any defence ?

Oh yea I remeber

Trin you inadvertently caused it all THANKS FOR KILLING PLANETARION MADCOWS !
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:46   #63
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Yes ! Because HCs are always telling enemy HCs all about their strategic planning, did it occur to you that *may* be fobbing you off with lies so we can laugh at the PMs in command channels ?
Well, I always honour the ppl I talk to and dont post the logs said to me in personal talks.

I dunno if u were in fact right (in this case you are not), it would be something to brag about?

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:47   #64
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by One_Darling
Hicks if you were the largest galaxy in your alliance dont you think you would get def as well ? Yes many have died trying to land on us but many have lost roids as well since we attack every night
I believe you were answering and quoting me, not Hicks

My point was if you got defence against normal attacks you must be either stupid or ignorant not to expect people to send more at you, especially when you're one of the only decent sources of roids for your enemies in the game.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:47   #65
One_Darling

One_Darling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Unfortunately not, with only 10 players per galaxy we had no room for fat birds who we could force to be galaxy farms.

Sounds like a confesion on farming and account sharing to me
and you have the nerve to say anything to rookie? bad play mate
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:48   #66
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
So why is Dovey arguing that you going into vacation mode is good because you won't suck up any defence ?

Oh yea I remeber

heh, if MadCowS will go down in history for doing anything important, then I am sure it will not be for killing Planetarion.

Someone already stole those cloths.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:49   #67
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
I believe you were answering and quoting me, not Hicks

My point was if you got defence against normal attacks you must be either stupid or ignorant not to expect people to send more at you, especially when you're one of the only decent sources of roids for your enemies in the game.
We have alredady had one gal on each planet, what was gonna come next?

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:50   #68
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
heh, if MadCowS will go down in history for doing anything important, then I am sure it will not be for killing Planetarion.

Someone already stole those cloths.
You owe me $10 for ruining my round.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:51   #69
TrinTara

Quote:
I gave you credit for greater intelligence and integrity than to believe your own spiel, but if it salves your conscience in any way, feel free to continue to repeat the 'party' line.

Trin

PS: I agree. This round is at serious risk of killing Planetarion.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:54   #70
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Troll Troll Troll as they say.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:55   #71
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
We have alredady had one gal on each planet, what was gonna come next?
That wasn't the point.

Dovey was complaining because you "don't get attacked normally" - the explanation to why you are not attacked normally is that you cover it easily.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:59   #72
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
I gave you credit for greater intelligence and integrity than to believe your own spiel, but if it salves your conscience in any way, feel free to continue to repeat the 'party' line.

Trin

PS: I agree. This round is at serious risk of killing Planetarion.
I somehow can guess Hicks didn't mean it. As for killing PA, well sorry but thats been said in every round :/

I really dont see what you hope to achieve.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:03   #73
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Sounds like a confesion on farming and account sharing to me
and you have the nerve to say anything to rookie? bad play mate
Yes I confess in Round 5 we briefly cross farmed with a T&P galaxy in Cluster, you were the farm as you weren't good for much else.

It's a shame that farming was legal in Round 5 really else the confession would look bad.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:13   #74
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
You owe me $10 for ruining my round.
lol

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:17   #75
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
That wasn't the point.

Dovey was complaining because you "don't get attacked normally" - the explanation to why you are not attacked normally is that you cover it easily.
The point is for you to go to the negotiating table and give us a fun round again...

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:20   #76
One_Darling

Quote:
Yes I confess in Round 5 we briefly cross farmed with a T&P galaxy in Cluster, you were the farm as you weren't good for much else.

It's a shame that farming was legal in Round 5 really else the confession would look bad.
As i recall it it rd 5 farming was made illegal. Also I went away and had no interest in our galaxy as there was no targets cause you had us naped to eveyone in the universe It was the most boring lame rd ever. I gave up and just left if you recall since i was vacationing for a month anyways. When i came back I found out I was turned into a farm . Guess being naped to everyone in universe you guys needed to get roids somehow
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:21   #77
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
The point is for you to go to the negotiating table and give us a fun round again...
Believe it or not you acting like scared little girls won't bring that about quicker. It'll just make everyone laugh at you.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:22   #78
AnteValente

AnteValente is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
As i recall it it rd 5 farming was made illegal.
wrong

Round 1: 20:34
Round 2: 26:21
Round 3: 33:11:15
Round 4: 79:8:6
Round 5: 16:23:6
Round 6: 8:11:6, later exciled to 28:25:17
Round 7: 12:13:4
AnteValente is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:23   #79
One_Darling

Quote:
Believe it or not you acting like scared little girls won't bring that about quicker. It'll just make everyone laugh at you.

Laughs with you and hands you a beer
so now that this topic is over now what
movie sleep tonight
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:27   #80
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
As i recall it it rd 5 farming was made illegal. Also I went away and had no interest in our galaxy as there was no targets cause you had us naped to eveyone in the universe It was the most boring lame rd ever. I gave up and just left if you recall since i was vacationing for a month anyways. When i came back I found out I was turned into a farm . Guess being naped to everyone in universe you guys needed to get roids somehow
In galaxy podding was made illegal for Round 5 hence the reason for cross galaxt farming, farming itself wasn't made illegal until Round 6 (Or possibly Round 7 ?) and even then it was still common among the top galaxies. If you remember though I doubt you do, the winner galaxy in Round 5 got there with the aid of a massive pyramid-farming program.

You actually volunteered to be a farm at the start of the round not towards the end and you did very well out of it after you bitched about being left behind until we all donated your planet up. Then you lost interest and asked someone else to play your account for you, to be honest we were just glad of the respite from your ~~~~@@@GIGGLES@@@~~~~~~ on IRC. Unfortunately you came back so Summy was forced to kill you. Do stop lying to try and "embarass" me

Last edited by Hicks; 27 Mar 2003 at 05:40.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:27   #81
TrinTara

Quote:
IAs for killing PA, well sorry but thats been said in every round :/
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Noticed the dwindling numbers each round Zh|l?

Trin
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:28   #82
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
So the scared little girls was so scary that u had to block the uni against to win over us?

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:33   #83
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
So the scared little girls was so scary that u had to block the uni against to win over us?
To be honest I could have probably smacked you up on my own judging by the ammount of fight and back bone VoM have showed.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:34   #84
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
As i recall it it rd 5 farming was made illegal.
lol

Farming wasn't banned until round 7.

Jester
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:37   #85
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Noticed the dwindling numbers each round Zh|l?

Trin
Hardly any one factor that has contributed to the downfall of Planetarion. I think you are overexagerrating the loss here for VoM as the end of Planetarion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:44   #86
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
[B
The split of NAHRZFWEET are long over due.
[/b]
I think this right here says it all. The just utterly stupid propaganda weve been subjected to this round. Propaganda that did so well you killed your own morale.

Congratulations. You saw yourselves outnumbered and panic'd. Ran around trying villianize those attacking you. Even though it was only a few attacks into the round and even outnumbered, you could have potentially really done some damage and changed things, you started whining about how the cowards were making a superblock and stagnating. Meanwhile youve given up on fighting.

We were less than a week into this round, and you were complaining that Nar/Weet had totally ruined the entire round, and were giant cowards doing the worst thing that ever happened to PA.

You may have well just come in ans shouted "Wolf, Wolf, Wolf." Cause we arent blind. We dont need you to tell us how the game is going, and since youve been bs'n about stagnation for so long, the rest of us now see stagnation starting and are planning to do something about it.

But just to point out the continued foolishness of this propaganda:
"The split of NAHRZFWEET are long over due. "

Please explain to me how around week of play can result in ANYTHING being long overdue? If youd used overdue, then maybe. But the audacity to call something long overdue after only being in the round for less than 2 weeks is pretty ballsy.

NAHRZFWEET?
Why do you feel the need to lie.
If youd just come on and say:
"Ok, were pretty beat up now. We can take a beating and we will fight on, but we hope that the round can improve soon" Wed all agree with you, and maybe even be more inclined to change things. But that fact that youve chosen instead to overblow everything, cry wolf, demoralize your own alliances and then pull vacation mode stunts when anyone without their fingers in their ear can hear the sounds of change coming soon, leaves us will little desire to help you.

But no you have to lie. You have to add allainces to the block name, alliances with no ties to the blocks, but you have to keep lying and exagerating. And you imply that Nar and Weet are one block, when in fact theyve done nothing block like. They are not a block. If they were, perhaps your round would be over, they are not.

The non block nature of Weet and Nar is the reason that we know that they wont stay together long. This is good for you, and its good for the round instead of pretending it doesnt exist, you should be embracing this fact.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:45   #87
AnteValente

AnteValente is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If you remember though I doubt you do, the winner galaxy in Round 5 got there with the aid of a massive pyramid-farming program.

Wrong (its my word of the day)

Round 1: 20:34
Round 2: 26:21
Round 3: 33:11:15
Round 4: 79:8:6
Round 5: 16:23:6
Round 6: 8:11:6, later exciled to 28:25:17
Round 7: 12:13:4
AnteValente is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:48   #88
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
To be honest I could have probably smacked you up on my own judging by the ammount of fight and back bone VoM have showed.
Sorry we are not up to your standards...

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:51   #89
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sorry we are not up to your standards...
So between admitting loss on about hour 42 of the war, admitting that as an HC galaxy you were defence whores (thus suggesting you abused your rank) and now going into vacation mode instead of fighting....

Why are you HC?

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:54   #90
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
Your "Block" started the blocking this round

Tbh this is a case of blocking to **** the blockers
Hi Dready,
actually you are not right. 3 Alliances would not be a block, but 7-8 alliances are. Why the heck can't you play as normal players ? NARWEETETC are taking roids for any looses. To take 71 roid and loose 2 mlns score ? And once again to all others, our galaxy covered most of the incomings before, but it is hard to get defence when you have 14 planets (9 from inside parralel) incoming...
________
Buy Portable Vaporizer

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:21.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:59   #91
lrytas
[LDK] Head

Quote:
Why 1:4 ratio then ?
________
Roy Salvadori

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:21.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:03   #92
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
Your "Block" started the blocking this round

Tbh this is a case of blocking to **** the blockers
WP\ELY was napped\allied b4 the vvomm block :S
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:05   #93
Petru
mefs

Just have to put in some other words here.

The "defeat" (although I still don't consider it such) of Vvomm came as more of a surprise to me than most of you could possibly imagine.

As I've said in other posts, others in RaH HC handled most of hte political decisions leading up to this round, so I was even unaware of who we were even allied to come signups time. Now, come tick start I was, I will admit, quite shaky about how things were going to be.

We were entering by choice wholly into a war, when in the previous round we had chosen specifically to avoid one. We were then also entering into a war not only with partners we'd never worked with before (hirr, ND, Ety) but also a partner that some of us had past bad experiences with (NoS, fortunately though since been a nice working relationship). Coupled with what could only be termed as a very loose and general agreement with Weet to hit vvomm, I really was NOT confident come the start of the game.

Now, look at the opposition as it seemd then. Olympians, as far as I was concerned a heavy remnant of Titans (who despite being loudmouthed twats on the boards, are actually capable players), I had been told a good dose of LDK ('nuff said) and a bunch of other known and decent players. Virus alongside, who at the time I was unaware of any r8->r9 problems. Although never a "leading" alliance, one that can (in my opinion) be capable if pointed in the right direction (in this case, Olympians). Then throw in the numbers associated with the rest of the block, MadCows (an unknown and random element), Vision and Ministry (when not eternally picking the losing side, some decent players).

All wrapped up tightly in what would have appeared to be a very well organised galaxy setup.

The galaxy setup in itself posed a considerable threat. The fact vvomm galaxies were claimed to all be pure vvomm suggested near total galaxy control. Even though outnumbered, the prospect of 50 galaxies with full control, not to mention additional BG's with outside members was a daunting one.

Faced off against more members, but spread across a variety of galaxies with varying levels of control and participation.

Given the choice of who to use, I would take 50 active and directable galaxies. I have always been a strong advocate of attack over defence. In this case had vvomm used it's full military offensive potential I do feel it could indeed have pinned down most if not all of narweet. For every incoming from one planet you need somewhere around 2-3 planets to cover it. So by being on the offensive drive Vvomm could easily have negated the numbers difference.

I don't know what happened within Vvomm, I've heard all manner of stories from poor cooperation, to alliances refusing to commit. Things like that factored in with one of the more well known alliances (MadCows, imo at least anyway) being branded on the boards on day 2 as losers, quitters and whiners (hi Rookie) really couldn't have helped.

But still, even with the number advantage I was never once complacent or of the belief we would ever have "easy going" against Vvomm. I am firmly of the belief now that the numbers involved between the blocks was only one factor of many that contributed to what we have now.

Using the theoretical offensive power available Vvomm could have easily focussed entirely on a "keylog" aspect within Weet or Nar and caused chaos quite dandily.

Blaming numbers is easy, but when you start looking at all of the aspects involved, I don't feel numbers was the main reason for Vvomm's apparent failure so far.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:05   #94
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

As you've all been rubbish targets for the past week, lrytas It would have been much bigger but some clown nuked 600k of my fleet this morning
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:06   #95
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I think this right here says it all. The just utterly stupid propaganda weve been subjected to this round. Propaganda that did so well you killed your own morale.
You are saying we should prolong the war. - Why is that in our intrest when we have no benefit from it?

You killed the morale with mass blocking this round when it was not needed.

You are the one that should be answering our questions.

You try to play the ball over in our yard saying we did something stupid.

Everyone that reads this thread and others on AD know we didnt make the uberblock that you created, even though u try to make it seem so.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Congratulations. You saw yourselves outnumbered and panic'd. Ran around trying villianize those attacking you. Even though it was only a few attacks into the round and even outnumbered, you could have potentially really done some damage and changed things, you started whining about how the cowards were making a superblock and stagnating. Meanwhile youve given up on fighting.
Who panic´d here really?

You created a block with the size to make sure you would win.

There wouldnt be a beeting firm taking bets against it.

Is it fun to play a game when you know who will win before it starts?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
We were less than a week into this round, and you were complaining that Nar/Weet had totally ruined the entire round, and were giant cowards doing the worst thing that ever happened to PA.
Well it will for sure not go into the books as the round of the brave for neither side.

And dont u see the error in your own argument?

We are obviously beaten ONE WEEK into the game. Doesnt that call for a reallity check from your side?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
You may have well just come in ans shouted "Wolf, Wolf, Wolf." Cause we arent blind. We dont need you to tell us how the game is going, and since youve been bs'n about stagnation for so long, the rest of us now see stagnation starting and are planning to do something about it.
Well isnt it time to do something daring then and give us a real game where the winners are not pronounced one week into the round?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
But just to point out the continued foolishness of this propaganda:
"The split of NAHRZFWEET are long over due. "

Please explain to me how around week of play can result in ANYTHING being long overdue? If youd used overdue, then maybe. But the audacity to call something long overdue after only being in the round for less than 2 weeks is pretty ballsy.
Well, thats the essence of the problem, isnt it?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
NAHRZFWEET?
Why do you feel the need to lie.
If youd just come on and say:
"Ok, were pretty beat up now. We can take a beating and we will fight on, but we hope that the round can improve soon" Wed all agree with you, and maybe even be more inclined to change things. But that fact that youve chosen instead to overblow everything, cry wolf, demoralize your own alliances and then pull vacation mode stunts when anyone without their fingers in their ear can hear the sounds of change coming soon, leaves us will little desire to help you.

But no you have to lie. You have to add allainces to the block name, alliances with no ties to the blocks, but you have to keep lying and exagerating. And you imply that Nar and Weet are one block, when in fact theyve done nothing block like. They are not a block. If they were, perhaps your round would be over, they are not.

The non block nature of Weet and Nar is the reason that we know that they wont stay together long. This is good for you, and its good for the round instead of pretending it doesnt exist, you should be embracing this fact.
Your definition of a block isnt the same as rest of uni. You work TOGETHER with a common goal and cooperate extensivly.

...and for the F and Z, NoS recalls on FAnG gals. So maybe you should check ur "block" a bit closer before you call ppl a liar.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:08   #96
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
So between admitting loss on about hour 42 of the war, admitting that as an HC galaxy you were defence whores (thus suggesting you abused your rank) and now going into vacation mode instead of fighting....

Why are you HC?
Maybe because you dont know what you are talking about?

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:13   #97
lrytas
[LDK] Head

Quote:
As you've all been rubbish targets for the past week, lrytas It would have been much bigger but some clown nuked 600k of my fleet this morning
hehe as i told before, narweet dont care about fleet they loose. They soend scout they see defence, but they TAKE 71 roid for 2 MLNS score. They were loosing 500-700k on our planets at least once a day. But still if there would be 3 blocks, vom would have really big chance of winning.
________
Muscular Dystrophy Advice

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:22.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:14   #98
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
oompaloompa

Ive read through the thread, and i do have to agree partly with each side.

VvomM gals going into vacation mode doesnt suprise even one bit, seeing as they only get bashed since they are outnumbered by weetnar. I can clearly picture weak individuals with a big 'i gotta win' feeling going into vac mode etc. to try and save their rund, but for me this wuold never have been an option.

MY gal gets incs every day and that is the reason were not up where u people are (top 20?) i just because of that(incs everyday).

Still we fight on, doesnt matter if ure bashed to pieces, cuz atleast u got your 'honor and loyalty'(:P).

My gal kill several enemy fleets every single day, making them pay bigtime for their losses, and thus also giving us some 'joy' in theese dark times.

So if i was you 50:5, 42:8 etc. etc etc, then id fkin swallow my pride and go out of vac mode, so what if you lose your roids, atleast u shud b able to kill loads of hostile ships, and if whole gals attack you, then you atleast give other vvomm gals good chances on doing counters and getting roids that way.

Im pretty dissapointed in those big gals for going into vac mode, but for WeeTNaR to even seem like theyre surprised n ****... heeh

Im pretty sure many of your gals too would have gone into vac mode had they recieved the same kind of wh00ping vvoomm have gotten, thou i do not think the HCs had.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:17   #99
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by lrytas
To take 71 roid and loose 2 mlns score ? And once again to all others, our galaxy covered most of the incomings before, but it is hard to get defence when you have 14 planets (9 from inside parralel) incoming...
I think this falls under good old fashioned brutal vindictiveness. You were unfortunate in the fact that Fred drew untold amounts of attention to your galaxy (I dont want to start or get drawn into a whole new debate about the past relating to this, just stating a reason), and you too were an immediate threat/worry.

I remember the day indeed, "Oh ****, Lyrtas is in our P" someone said. And you became instant number 1 target from then on

It's unfortunate in that vindictiveness does play a part in decisions made for this round. It's no secret of RaH's hatred for Virus after all the ****e they gave us in round 7. And although it's not/wasn't the main justification some people believe it is after reading it in The Sun (hi logbat), I really won't lose any sleep seeing them trawled through the mud for round 7.

All this crap about "NARWEETFZFSNOOMGFFSNOOBSLOLOL" (I lose track of how many letters Rookie and logbat add to it each time they post) "killing PA". It does a fine job of killing itself, r9 never was going to be fun, nor was it meant to be. It's here merely as a placeholder until round 10, when (so HQ says!) we'll get an all new shiney game with new players! etc and so on

We've all had our share of losses through the rounds, this round does go a long way to show though how many of the "new breed" can actually handle playing. The "old guard" players, what few of them are left will struggle on and continue playing and trying even when losing. A lot of the "new winners", topping round 7, round 8 etc, enjoying the success of others are the ones going walkies now. If they are the kind of players quitting, then every alliance is better off without them anyway.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 06:19   #100
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Maybe because you dont know what you are talking about?
My post was a small collection of factors that when added up, if guilty of them a person isn't fit for leadership.

What's to know what I'm talking about there? If you want to talk know how, the only field pertaining to it is HC experience. I could sit here and talk about that all night if you wish, but it won't change the fact you've marked up a long list of things an HC should never do.