User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 16:04   #1
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Freeview box and VCR question

For some reason my gran has decided she wants a freeview box. I think one of her neighbours has one so she feels she is somehow missing out by not getting some extra shitty channels. Anyway, I went to get her one and set it up easily enough. She has a VCR so wants that connected as well, which I did because the digi box has 2 scart sockets.

Now the problem is that the VCR now wont record properly. I can manually get it to record whatever I'm watching on freeview on AV1 but if I try to record something automatically using the videoplus code (my gran uses that because its simple for her to use and understand) it tries to record off channel 1/2/3/4/5 and so gets no signal. Has anyone set up a VCR connected to a freeview box?

If I was doing it for myself I'd just unhook the box if I wanted to record off terrestrial TV but that's getting too complicated for my gran. Helpfully the freeview manual says 'refer to the manual that came with your VCR' and the VCR manual has no information on freeview boxes .