User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2015, 04:53   #1
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
R63 stats

Anyone have a set ready or a rerun to suggest?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2015, 05:28   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R63 stats

So far I haven't seen or heard of any concrete offers. Joseph has been talking about his set for at least 2 rounds though, maybe he'll want a crack at it this time?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2015, 10:52   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i poked appocco a day or two ago about having a set put up for tweaking, but have been busy so haven't finished my set yet
Unread 9 Jul 2015, 19:29   #4
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i am coming up with a set 2
not finished yet either

ETA: middle of next week

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2015, 07:47   #5
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well your next set hopefully will be more normal. I also have a set in the works but I know how certain members of this forum feel about my sets
Unread 11 Jul 2015, 07:29   #6
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Well your next set hopefully will be more normal. I also have a set in the works but I know how certain members of this forum feel about my sets
yes it will be more "normal"
i got 2 versions of it though - a ST variant and a MT variant

we ready for ST again ?

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 11 Jul 2015, 08:39   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm up for a pure ST round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Jul 2015, 13:22   #8
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

ST rounds can be fun when people don't emo over the stats every 5 minutes
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 00:34   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm up for a pure ST round.
I dont think ST sets will ever been run again with the current game mechanics.

Unread 12 Jul 2015, 09:23   #10
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I'd be down for a well balanced ST stats.
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 10:18   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm up for it, Tia is down for it. Together, we have all the bases covered!
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 11:10   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I'd be down for a well balanced ST stats.
Your last ST set is one of the most "balanced" ive ever seen, and i dont think people would want that.
Allthough im up for a poll on it.
Ive been bugging Appocomaster earlier to enable people to make polls in the forum, as its currently deactivated.
Atleast it would give some pointers on what people might want, ST/MT, not that it should be the deciding factor on what to go for

Unread 12 Jul 2015, 13:22   #13
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

If a poll isnt the deciding factor then its a completely pointless vote. Gj butch
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 13:47   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
If a poll isnt the deciding factor then its a completely pointless vote. Gj butch
Its a pointer.
Id guess only half the univers knows tje difference from ST to MT

Unread 12 Jul 2015, 13:54   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
If a poll isnt the deciding factor then its a completely pointless vote.
Not necessarily. Appoco can let those preferences be one of the factors that influence his decision about which kind of set to pick from round to round. It doesn't have to be the be-all end-all.

I tend to be fairly elitist about these things, but a purely informational poll about people's preferences sounds good even to me.
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 13:55   #16
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

The same might be said about elections. But we don't tend to just take the results of such a vote under consideration.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 13:57   #17
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

any vote where a majority can influence a decision in this case would not be wise.
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 20:29   #18
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between MT/ST?

(i dont know what the difference in stats are lol, i just go what im advised by butcher)
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 21:38   #19
Tiamat101

MT is multi targeting stats much like this round and the past 5 rounds. Most races have ships that have T1 and T2 and some T3's.

St is where every ship in every race just has T1.

Obviously there are huge strategic differences between ST and MT but, that will depend heavily on what kind of stat set is made. ST tends to be hyper aggressive a lot of roid swapping where MT tends to be defensive with gangbangs and lolwaves.
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 23:19   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well the options with ST is limited, and often very black and white.
Either very defensive or very offensive, imho.

The last ST round was a disaster politicaly, three alliances ganged up for the whole round, and there was never any competition for #1

Unread 12 Jul 2015, 23:22   #21
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well the options with ST is limited, and often very black and white.
Either very defensive or very offensive, imho.

The last ST round was a disaster politicaly, three alliances ganged up for the whole round, and there was never any competition for #1
That has very little to do with stats being ST or MT tho... it could be said this round has been a major cluster**** too politically

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2015, 23:31   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
That has very little to do with stats being ST or MT tho... it could be said this round has been a major cluster**** too politically
Iirc they argued that pols were a result of stats?

Unread 12 Jul 2015, 23:36   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
In a good way in my opinion. And from my point of view the stats have influenced that, but they've not been a driving factor.
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 07:39   #24
Tiamat101

Stats do play a big role in how politics shape out. If there is only 2 viable strats then the there tends to be more block party and huge gangbangs. If there are 3 or 4 viable strats then its more split, but we haven't seen a set of stats that allows for 3 or 4 strats in quite a while. While i say "strats" this round bs could have been a strat and i think only 1 alliance went bs and they were a smaller alliance so they can get away with it. Where as a 50 or 60 man tag wouldnt. I'd love to see a set where all 3 metaclasses are viable strats.
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 08:27   #25
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Stats do play a big role in how politics shape out. If there is only 2 viable strats then the there tends to be more block party and huge gangbangs. If there are 3 or 4 viable strats then its more split, but we haven't seen a set of stats that allows for 3 or 4 strats in quite a while. While i say "strats" this round bs could have been a strat and i think only 1 alliance went bs and they were a smaller alliance so they can get away with it. Where as a 50 or 60 man tag wouldnt. I'd love to see a set where all 3 metaclasses are viable strats.
We, BowS, did go BS, but had a lot of late starters and off stratters.
BS was very viable, though the politics did play a huge part of how efficient it was for us. If we have had the chance to target the likes of FL/Asc/BF/CT instead of Ult most of the rounds it wouldve been way more efficient.

Unread 13 Jul 2015, 08:29   #26
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Id also say FI and DE was also "doable" options this round. Im quite suprised to see as much as two alliances going for CR tbh.

Unread 13 Jul 2015, 08:30   #27
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

lol, but then you did think bs was better than cr...in a 3 pod round, when Xan can fake 3 fleets easily and without worry, whilst inconveniencing defenders to have to leave some ships home for fakes. So what do you know?
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 08:31   #28
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Probably one of the worst readers of stats I've ever come across. It would have probably been even better if there wasnt such a high number of Ziks in the uni, but c'est la vie

Last edited by Krypton; 13 Jul 2015 at 08:36.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 08:40   #29
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

I started a new thread about last rounds stats set, maybe some interesting discussion could be made there wich we could use for the next round set.

Unread 13 Jul 2015, 12:59   #30
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
MT is multi targeting stats much like this round and the past 5 rounds. Most races have ships that have T1 and T2 and some T3's.

St is where every ship in every race just has T1.

Obviously there are huge strategic differences between ST and MT but, that will depend heavily on what kind of stat set is made. ST tends to be hyper aggressive a lot of roid swapping where MT tends to be defensive with gangbangs and lolwaves.
Cheers Tia, id enjoy playing a ST round it would be fun as i dont think iv played one since i came back to PA

Does anyone have a link to some old ST Sets?
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 13:15   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Stats do play a big role in how politics shape out. If there is only 2 viable strats then the there tends to be more block party and huge gangbangs. If there are 3 or 4 viable strats then its more split, but we haven't seen a set of stats that allows for 3 or 4 strats in quite a while.
I agree. And there's one more way in which the stats influence politics: the more defensive the stats, the harder it is to land attacks, and the bigger you need your block to be if you want to roid an alliance efficiently.

With single-target stats, in which covering all 6 classes requires 6 ships, landing attacks is easy, and to roid an alliance efficiently, you need 2 alliances.

With multi-target stats, you often need just 4 ships to cover all classes (Cat, Xan and Etd this round), increasing the amount of defense available against your fleet by a factor of 1.5, compared to single-target stats. This means that in order to ptarget an alliance, you need upwards of 4 full tags. BF, Asc and CT have all experienced this first-hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
Does anyone have a link to some old ST Sets?
See here.
Unread 13 Jul 2015, 13:42   #32
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

so far I've been contacted by:

Blue_Esper (currently doing his stats on beta)
green_cat
B-Butch3r

I'm happy for people to join #pastats and have discussions. I'm also happy to enable polls or have a poll on different sorts of stats, but not sure if that makes any actual difference.

I think the not ST but not majorly MT stats are a reasonable compromise and have been popular in the recent rounds.

As a repeat, I am honestly happy to hand over stats long term / full time to someone else, as I'm struggling to find the time or motivation to look at them in any detail, but would prefer someone not in any alliance to own that
Unread 16 Jul 2015, 07:07   #33
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

So blue_esper whats the plan behind the stats your making? 2-pod classic MT stats?

Unread 16 Jul 2015, 08:34   #34
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Well they obviously need work. 3 fi pod classes, 1 co pod class.
Corsair stealing init 5
Unread 16 Jul 2015, 08:58   #35
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Well they obviously need work. 3 fi pod classes, 1 co pod class.
Corsair stealing init 5
well obviously he hasnt gotten that far yet, only removed the 3rd pods for some races

Unread 16 Jul 2015, 11:33   #36
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

well, alert me when he think they're playable then
Unread 16 Jul 2015, 12:52   #37
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
BS was very viable, though the politics did play a huge part of how efficient it was for us. If we have had the chance to target the likes of FL/Asc/BF/CT instead of Ult most of the rounds it wouldve been way more efficient.
BS was always going to be horrible. I don't need retailers to shut down FR, I have 600k brokers for that.
Unread 16 Jul 2015, 13:10   #38
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

green_cats stats will be upish later today, she will prolly make a own thread for discussing them

Unread 17 Jul 2015, 13:07   #39
Blue_Esper

finally found some time to finish uploading my stats, what's the general consensus of res stealers?
Unread 17 Jul 2015, 13:21   #40
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
You had the chance, you just chose not to
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2015, 13:29   #41
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
You had the chance, you just chose not to
haha, thats on the eyes of the beholder. We were politicaly isolated.

Unread 17 Jul 2015, 17:24   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
finally found some time to finish uploading my stats, what's the general consensus of res stealers?
They're fine, in my opinion.
Unread 17 Jul 2015, 19:36   #43
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
As a repeat, I am honestly happy to hand over stats long term / full time to someone else, as I'm struggling to find the time or motivation to look at them in any detail, but would prefer someone not in any alliance to own that
i think mz should do that
hes got the skills and no ambitions to play in a alliance serious

can we have a poll ?

Unread 17 Jul 2015, 19:46   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i think mz should do that
hes got the skills and no ambitions to play in a alliance serious

can we have a poll ?
I devouch Mz.

Unread 17 Jul 2015, 20:17   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I have a top 50 planet in an alliance that had a clear shot at #1. Appoco's criteria exclude me.

I am happy to help out around here, mostly by getting stuff moving by taking some initiative, but that's it.
Unread 17 Jul 2015, 23:17   #46
Tiamat101

If only we could get JBG to come back.
Unread 18 Jul 2015, 05:17   #47
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

always too much people wanting to run stats, i feel like its no time for my humble try. =)
Unread 18 Jul 2015, 07:10   #48
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
always too much people wanting to run stats, i feel like its no time for my humble try. =)
dont think its an issues if there is several ppl offering stats

the problem is that there needs to be someone with a clue to look at them and pick one
aswell someone not biased

unfortunately those criteria exclude most ppl

Unread 18 Jul 2015, 07:59   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Honestly, we should've gotten started a couple of weeks sooner, but I was too busy with Ascendancy to remember. Anyway, water under the bridge.

On the bright side, can now tweak 3 sets of stats side by side. We have 2 weeks until round start, so we can give 3 stats makers the full time.

Personally, I'd be in favour of finally giving Joseph's (edit: or m0rpheus') stats a whirl, whereas green_cat's appear... unready, to put it mildly. Along with Blue_Esper's, that gives us 3 sets to choose from.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 18 Jul 2015 at 10:03.
Unread 18 Jul 2015, 08:07   #50
M0RPH3US
idle

i am in line for any of the servers with my set

waiting...