User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Apr 2007, 14:46   #1
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Easter

Today is Easter in US. I have to work today because my company doesn't recognise Easter as a holiday. I've noticed a trend that seems to be worse every year; Easter, which used to be a religious holiday is now pretty much just an excuse to give children more candy.

I wonder if religious people are even aware that the economy is taking over Easter, I mean I've seen myself this week at least two people buying Easter candy for there Church. How many people are going to get dressed up, go to a service of there church, claim that this is a holy day, then go home and stuff there children full of candy that they don't need given the fact that children are getting more and more obese every year.
Unread 8 Apr 2007, 16:59   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Easter

It would be better to remove easter as an official/national holiday and instead give people an extra week of holiday they can use when they want.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 00:49   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Today is Easter in US.
be sure to tell us when it is american christmas.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 02:10   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Religion probably has worse effects on children than being fat so it seems a pretty good tradeoff to me.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 11:28   #5
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Easter was the whole weekend for anyone not in retail, thats friday, saturday, sunday and monday in the UK..
In Norway its Thursday as well.

I also worked, not on friday though, and not today because it wasnt my shift, but someone did.

I was told once that the size of the store itself has something to do with the laws on wether you can open on a religous holiday, sounded a bit dubious to me .

Anyway, this sunday (work in an off licence, store that sells just alcohol not to be consumed there but at home ) i almost trippled my normal takings, though it was probably more to do with the warm weather and everyone deciding to have a BBQ, and drink copious amounts of beer and wine because they didnt have to get up for work in the morning.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 11:43   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

More likely it's the Easter Depression.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 12:14   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
I was told once that the size of the store itself has something to do with the laws on wether you can open on a religous holiday, sounded a bit dubious to me .
Erm, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DTI
Under the Sunday Trading Act 1994, the restrictions on shop opening hours are:

• Small shops (up to 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft) - no restrictions on opening hours

• Large shops (over 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft)

Monday to Saturday - no restrictions
Sunday – can only open for 6 continual hours, between 10am and 6pm
Easter Sunday - closed
http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page32602.html
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 12:29   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
In Germany, opening hours have long been restricted through the Ladenschlussgesetz. The 1956 law required shops to close for the weekend at 2 p.m. on a Saturday and 6:30 p.m. on weeknights, with opening until 6 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month, in what was known as the Langer Samstag, or "long Saturday". The law was changed, in the face of strong resistance from labour unions, to allow langer Donnerstag ("long Thursday") until 8:30 p.m. in 1988, and in 1996 opening times were extended to 8 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 4 p.m. on Saturday; this was extended to 8 p.m. on Saturday in 2004.

looks like we should all move to germany if we dont like workings sundays.

http://www.answers.com/topic/sunday-shopping
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 15:45   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
be sure to tell us when it is american christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-crete/greekeaster.html
The Greek Orthodox Church does not always celebrate Easter on the same date as the Catholic and Protestant countries.
This year they did fall on the same day, so you're right I did slip on that one.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 19:48   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I took most of Friday off in protest of teh fact that JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS ON THE CROSS AND YOU UNHOLY ****ERS WANT ME TO COME IN AND WORK ON THIS MOST SACRED OF WEEKENDS?

Honestly, this country is full of heathens and pagans, at least back in the UK, there was still a belief in the goodness and sacred status of Easter that allows people to drink twice as much as usual, get stuck in traffic jams and get sunburnt at the beach.

Here, the good people of THE STOCK EXCHANGE get the day off, but the normal people have to work as always.

JESUS WOULD BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE, IF HE HADN'T RISEN FROM IT ALREADY

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:13   #11
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I got Friday and Monday off work.

I, along with most of the UK, used those fours days to imbibe quite a lot of alcohol. You see, one can happily drink oneself into oblivion on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights without worrying that one may fail to wake up for, or indeed be unable to, work tomorrow. I even partook in a little daytime drinking - memories of an almost forgotten era.

I'm not sure how this relates to Jesus or chocolate, although I did buy some swiss chocolate after a pint of stout and a mediterranean pasta bake left me in the need for chocolate-covered sugar.

I would vehemently oppose this vitally important Christian holiday's abolishment as if I am made to work anymore without adequate free-time (damn you capitalism) I may end up killing someone.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:46   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To clebrate Easter, I ate some ham, thus confirming that I am not Jewish. It was a gala event.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:21   #13
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

I like galas, they have pork in them as well, I don't know if that was a little joke there DDA maybe it was, or maybe I missed it.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:29   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
To clebrate Easter, I ate some ham, thus confirming that I am not Jewish. It was a gala event.

Surely Gala is melons not ham?! *confused*
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:58   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, I meant it was a fun time. I know nothing of pork galas nor of mellon galas.

I tried looking up gala in the dictionary and it said "a gay celebration."

So I guess the joke is on me.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 00:08   #16
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a gala pie!

In my mind it is the best of both worlds.

A pork pie and a scotch egg in one. Heaven!
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 01:02   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Today is Easter in US. I have to work today because my company doesn't recognise Easter as a holiday. I've noticed a trend that seems to be worse every year; Easter, which used to be a religious holiday is now pretty much just an excuse to give children more candy.
Lies. It's an exuse to get drunk.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 14:07   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Luckily, pubs are open. And all the crazy people take their SUV's and drive to mountains and shit. So easter is a blessing.

Oh and I've worked with children for some time now. The reason they are fat is not one holiday. It's the fact that they watch football instead of playing it, get fast food instead of proper food since it's faster and cheaper, and drink soda before going to school.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote