User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:17   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Fast Food Chains in North America that really should be in the UK and Vice-Versa

Ok in my opinion that exporting culture can be a good thing I want to see things done right.

For instance the UK got Subways, when Quiznos is soooo much better.

The UK could also do with Wendy's, though it sounds rather like Wimpy's, it's rather better.

I'm also enjoying the fact that it's possible to have chinese fast food establishments that work, namely the Teryiaki experience that should be exported to the UK as waiting on a delivery from a proper resturaunt can be a pain in the ass anyway and only done at home.

Over in North America though, for the amount of grain and baked goods they produce here, I'm surprised there is no Greggs (or similar) chain around here, in fact getting a good sandwich is rather impossible here.

I also miss Weatherspoon Chain Pubs, you know the ones that all have the same kinda menu of better than average pub grub.

However I hope Taco Bell never get's exported to the UK, nor timothy's.

p.s. perhaps this should say canada, but I've realised a lot of North America (cept the far south) is rather homogonised when it comes to towns/cities.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:18   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Fast Food Chains in North America that really should be in the UK and Vice-Versa

go **** canada in the ass
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:24   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Fast Food Chains in North America that really should be in the UK and Vice-Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
For instance the UK got Subways, when Quiznos is soooo much better.....

in fact getting a good sandwich is rather impossible here.
That bit confused me, and Subways is pretty good .
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:28   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wish we had a decent "home cooking" type delivery service. I can't remember the name of the chain in South Africa, but they do great (and relatively inexpensive) roast chicken, lasagne, pasta generally, etc via delivery and it's not all as chronically unhealthy as the other chains.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:28   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I wish we had a decent "home cooking" type delivery service. I can't remember the name of the chain in South Africa, but they do great (and relatively inexpensive) roast chicken, lasagne, pasta generally, etc via delivery and it's not all as chronically unhealthy as the other chains.
that sounds funtastic
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:30   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

to **** with all that.

Tim Horton's on every street corner please thanks
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:31   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That bit confused me, and Subways is pretty good .
I don't classify Subs as the same as Sandwiches.

Sandwiches are generally smaller less messy affairs, like Marks & Spencers stuff, simple yet brilliant, couldn't make a better Smoked Ham & Mustard Sandwich if I tried.

You wouldn't get a Smoked Ham & Mustard Sub though? Even if you did it would be so full of ham you'd be sick of it halfway through.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:32   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
to **** with all that.

Tim Horton's on every street corner please thanks
Costa Coffee > Tim Hortons

Imo if they exported Timmies to the UK it would not be as cheap as it is here, just the prices of things here and there vary, I mean Aulds reminds me very much of Tim Hortons, cept it doesn't try and merchandise or sell out it's image to target audiences.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:33   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Tim Hortons > *
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:35   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
They kinda have that here it's called Swiss Chalet(I would argue for exporting this if it wasn't for my concern that it would destroy a lot of things I value with regards to organised family meals and the effort that goes into them) and they make rather splendid full Roast Chicken Dinners and paste etc etc via delivery and it looks just as good as if you were round at your mother's for sunday lunch.

Also Harvey's make the most EXCELLENT burgers, but aren't situated everywhere and it's price range is slightly more expensive that kinda takes it outta the convenient fast food range that is also cheap, as I find half of the reason I use fast food is that it's cheaper than eating at a resturaunt and will sustain me till I get home and make myself summit.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:40   #11
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I havent heard of half of the places being mentioned on here

Subway/Greggs and Weatherspoons are the only ones ive heard of, part from M&S too.

wtf is Tim Hortons?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:41   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tim horton's beats every other cofee place with just one product:

glazed chocolate ring donuts

if i was to produce a list of the top 10 reasons why i intend to try to move to canada post-uni, that would be around number 3
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:42   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Tim Hortons is > than Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme in that department I will agree.

Colt, the internet is your friend, but if you need help I'll google it for you if you ask nicely.

Pizza Pizza > Pizza Hut etc.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:43   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i wish we had food courts in our shopping malls.

that would infact lead me to eating there most days.

for less than a mcdonalds getting a pile of chinese food is aces
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:44   #15
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

incidentally sunday, we do have quiznos over here. but subway is better.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:45   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i wish we had food courts in our shopping malls.

that would infact lead me to eating there most days.

for less than a mcdonalds getting a pile of chinese food is aces
There's a food court in Braehead Shopping centre, it's rather ace.

Pizza Hut, Fat Jackets, McDonalds, Rollover Hotdogs, KFC, Costa Coffee, Aulds, Captain Nemo's and an upmarket Bar all in the one area.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:49   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dont mean expensive foodcourts
we have those here

theyre all very nice
and very expensive for food

because theyre proper restaurants.
i mean the ones where you race people to tables. grab a seat and then spend the equivalent of 3 quid on a plate full of food from one of 15 restaurants

Chinese / Thai / Japanese / Subway / Taco Bell / Olive Garden Cafe / Natures Table / Italian bisto etc etc
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:52   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
we have those here

theyre all very nice

i mean the ones where you race people to tables. grab a seat and then spend the equivalent of 3 quid on a plate full of food from one of 15 restaurants

Chinese / Thai / Japanese / Subway / Taco Bell / Olive Garden Cafe / Natures Table / Italian bisto etc etc
but we DO (albeit not as many)

(( <3 Harlequin Centre in Watford ))
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:55   #19
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
we have those here

theyre all very nice

James, I believe you'll find that that those food courts in north america seem so cheap because the cost of supply is so low there, the same thing in the UK would be what you deem expensive cause we have to import everything in the UK, there are also obscene taxes/rents on these things.

Mall's are a dime a dozen in North America and I reckon the rents for these places are piss cheap compared to the UK, ditto with regards to the supply of the ingredients, and let's not forget the immigrant workers.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 18:23   #20
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I must say that you can never beat weatherspoons, and I've yet to see anywhere that does beer cheeper.

do they have proper beer in canada? If not I feel sorry for you for that...
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 18:26   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I must say that you can never beat weatherspoons, and I've yet to see anywhere that does beer cheeper.

do they have proper beer in canada? If not I feel sorry for you for that...
They have some interesting beers, nothing sharp or refreshing like some of the european/scottish stuff though, they aren't bad though if you like drinking in the same way you like eating certain foods for their taste.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 18:31   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Fast Food Chains in North America that really should be in the UK and Vice-Versa

Most, if not all of the big American fast-food establishments sell over-priced, barely digestable pap. They are almost always plastic, spartan, overcrowded and unwelcoming places inside, usually full to rafters with wailing toddlers, overweight and undereducated mothers, and various other types of people who I would wish to avoid. Most of the non-high street branches are housed in buildings that would make even a person who had lived through Stalinism weep.

They, are, to conclude, shit, and I wish they would all just go away.

Chinese fast food is the one thing I could not do without. I don't know whether they have Chinese takeaways in the US in abundance, but they should have.

Yummy.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 18:33   #23
Sunday8pm
Banned

They have Chinese fast food in the Burger King Fast food style of the word.

They have Chinese Resturaunts in the style we have in the UK

They have Chinese Buffets of great cheapness.

Finally, The chinese food here pisses all over the chinese food in the UK.

That said the indian food here is pissing weak.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 19:11   #24
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
However I hope Taco Bell never get's exported to the UK
What?? Those taco's are lurvely, although I'm not quite sure what they put in them.
Subway is also rather nice, was pleased to see them popping up round here. There are now three within about 15 mins of me which is a bit overkill but hey!

And I feel sorry for Americans lacking a good balti. *swoon*
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 19:16   #25
Sunday8pm
Banned

Anyone who thinks Taco Bell is nice, Arrange to meet me and my gf for dinner at our place sometime, mexican style.

Seriously.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 19:48   #26
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey sunday

Remember those things with the sausage and bacon and beans, wrapped up in a pastry

Continue having fun in Canada
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 22:35   #27
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
That said the indian food here is pissing weak.
Apparently there is a curry war in Glasgow or some scottish city. But the UK do too well with those.

Quote:
Anyone who thinks Taco Bell is nice, Arrange to meet me and my gf for dinner at our place sometime, mexican style.

Seriously.
Yes please.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 22:37   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm

Yes please.
You'll puke everytime you eat from Taco Bell afterwards.

Can make awesome Taco's, Burritto's, fajita's and even this crazy mexican bake using refried Beans, Tortilla Chips, Spiced mince and Salsa, with cheese on top. It's seriously good and she manages to make sure the thing cooks without the tortilla chips losing their crispness.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 22:37   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
For instance the UK got Subways, when Quiznos is soooo much better.
We actually have both.

And wetherspoons pubs are for getting nutted extremely cheaply, not eating in.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 22:39   #30
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
We actually have both.

And wetherspoons pubs are for getting nutted extremely cheaply, not eating in.
Didn't know Quiznos had moved over.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 00:58   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wetherspoons pubs destroy the olde local pubs

one question though, do you have a plethora of fantastic wonderful kebab shops?
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 07:44   #32
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you know, i have always thought that weatherspoons isnt that cheap (cheap, just not that cheap)
and i must say i do rather like subways
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 08:05   #33
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I'm also enjoying the fact that it's possible to have chinese fast food establishments that work, namely the Teryiaki experience that should be exported to the UK as waiting on a delivery from a proper resturaunt can be a pain in the ass anyway and only done at home.
why do they name a chinese fast food chain after Japanese food?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 08:06   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, and teriyaki is horrible anyway
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 09:56   #35
Sunday8pm
Banned

They have Cho Mung's Wok as well (or something like that).

And they have a Greek fast food place called Keflos that do kebab's which I've not tried yet, their chips are great but alas their falaffel is god awful.

But I do miss the amount of food poison clinics available in the UK everytime I wanted the shits for two nights (more frequent than you think).
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 10:27   #36
MeridianStar
Para Keet

MeridianStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
tim horton's beats every other cofee place with just one product:

glazed chocolate ring donuts

if i was to produce a list of the top 10 reasons why i intend to try to move to canada post-uni, that would be around number 3
And Timbits (aka donut holes) > *

Also I think they should import Pizza Pizza (garlic dipping sauce ahoy!) from Ontario to the UK. I was also impressed by the chain Denny's in California where I ordered grilled cheese on sourdough and got a cheese toastie.
[23:46] <Theamion> i still love you tho
[23:47] <Theamion> you mad scottish bint
MeridianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 11:52   #37
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
They have Cho Mung's Wok as well (or something like that).

And they have a Greek fast food place called Keflos that do kebab's which I've not tried yet, their chips are great but alas their falaffel is god awful.

But I do miss the amount of food poison clinics available in the UK everytime I wanted the shits for two nights (more frequent than you think).
it worries me the amount of times that i get a craving for kebab now, even though it has made me ill on many an occasion
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 11:57   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

spoons curry club or indeed their club wrap are among my favourite 'eating out' choices.

I think they'd do well in the US.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:01   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<3 the Curry Club nights

Though I've not really been a vocal proponent of the Weatherspoon's movement, generally because I've never found myself going in there and seeing any face twice between two occassions. That and there's never a goddamned dartboard. Don't think that'd worry punters in the States though.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:05   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

believe it or not i live near a 'nice' spoons where there are even 'regulars'

true story.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:06   #41
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just what the UK needs, more shite fast 'food' chains...........

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:15   #42
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
believe it or not i live near a 'nice' spoons where there are even 'regulars'

true story.
The only one I've been to back home was full of randoms =(((
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 14:03   #43
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

We need more breakfast diner things like Howard Johnsons
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 15:52   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've discovered recently that most "chains" are actually fairly poor in comparison to individual restaurants, in Ireland at least. I would also like to express my agreement with the above post concerning the deplorable lack of breakfast diners in the British Isles.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 16:25   #45
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

What we really need is some more branded fast food and coffee chains.........like starbucks or burger king.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:05   #46
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Little Chef!
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:15   #47
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I can't see why people hate Starbuck'ses to be honest, I did some revision there for my summer exams sitting in nice leather sofas drinking reasonable coffee and brownies with music quietly playing in the background and no screaming kids. I imagine heaven will be much like it, or at least have one within easy reach of my cloud base.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:27   #48
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Didn't know Quiznos had moved over.
It's probably a franchise just like Subway. More no-risk money for parent company =

Oh, and I like starbucks too apart from stores that are too dark. Shame it mostly costs alot.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 18:16   #49
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Little Chef!

luckily, that exclamation mark tells me your joking, otherwise it would have had to be a case of tearing out your throat for that comment
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 19:29   #50
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hmmm Starbucks.....

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote