User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:00   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
that king arthur film

ok, exactly how much is 'its the true story this time omg omg!' true? is there even a true story to begin with? what the hell is going on with that? as its a jerry bruckheimer film i cant help doubting it heavily and the hype is starting to piss me off.

so either back me up or 'put me right' pls.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:01   #2
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Re: that king arthur film

Basically the premise to this version of king arthur is the following.

Arthur is one of a few romans left behind by the roman empire.... and it falls on it's arse from there.

capiche?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:03   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
ok, exactly how much is 'its the true story this time omg omg!' true? is there even a true story to begin with? what the hell is going on with that? as its a jerry bruckheimer film i cant help doubting it heavily and the hype is starting to piss me off.

so either back me up or 'put me right' pls.
Guinivere wasn't in any way a combatant, and as far as I can tell, it bares little resemblance to the Morte D'Arthur, generally regarded as definitive, in any way.

And no, there isn't any truth to the Arthurian legends.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:06   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
What do you mean by this? That there was no king called Arthur who did xyz and was pretty neat around 500AD or that there was no big castle with lots of nice oeople who were pretty cool?
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:09   #5
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

yes, and even if there had been a king arthur, we're quite sure he knew nothing about swallows either.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:10   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good avatar Sandsnake, eddie izzard still rocks! \o/

anyway, yeah, i thought so. HAH! now ill just show my housemate this thread and he'll suck my cock.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:14   #7
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

I can't take credit. Cyrax gave it to me.

PS. Do you really want a blowjob from your roomate? I would strongly consider the answer to this question prior to showing him the thread.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:23   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

actually, thats a good point

now im going to have to make a new thread so he doesnt suspect me of being a fag EVEN MORE

reply in it again plsta?
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:34   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
its a jerry bruckheimer film
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 00:45   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The American public thought it was shit.

Hence , i quite fancy watching it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 01:01   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

i heard that american test audiences werent happy with the unhappy ending so they changed it

personally i quite like unhappy endings, bah. damn yanks.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 01:12   #12
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked it... Was a new type of way to bring up the whole King Arthur legend...
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 01:33   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
i heard that american test audiences werent happy with the unhappy ending so they changed it

personally i quite like unhappy endings, bah. damn yanks.
what in the hell is a "test audience"? If by test audience, you mean the director's close, personal friends, then sure, but they're probably idiots anyway.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 01:36   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
what in the hell is a "test audience"? If by test audience, you mean the director's close, personal friends, then sure, but they're probably idiots anyway.
The "Test Audience" is the 100 people they bring in to a closed set and show the movie to, then invite feedback. Its what they do for most movies. Its usually people under contract to watch hundreds of these things a year and give an honest opinion.

Anywhere else would call them "Critics"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 02:19   #15
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

camelot!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 06:48   #16
Chris Griffin

I was watching this film when Guinivere came by and I wet my pants

hahahahahahaha
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 07:31   #17
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Kiera Knightly is hot

Really Hot, Smokin hot
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 11:05   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
<3 DVD
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 11:23   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think (but haven't seen it, so don't know exactly) that it bears more truth to the story of how Arthur became king, than the legends of him taking the sword from the stone, etc.

For example, in reality Merlin was just a clever old bloke. In the legend he was regarded as a sorceror of sorts. So in the film he'll just be a clever old bloke.

The Guinevere thing is just for people who need to have love interests in films, and noone wants a boring heroine who does nothing. I don't like Keira Knightley anyway (although supposedly she's coming to my university next year), so that'll annoy me.

It's supposed to be the "true" story, as he rises reluctantly to power through being a natural leader, who brings together the internal crises (civil wars etc) against external invaders.

That's as much as I've gathered from it, having read reviews and seen all the adverts (got myself a job at the cinema over the summer so I guess I'm likely to know more about it as I have to "sell" the movie to customers).
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 11:35   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think (but haven't seen it, so don't know exactly) that it bears more truth to the story of how Arthur became king, than the legends of him taking the sword from the stone, etc.
You're assuming there was a king arthur.

This is a pretty big assumption, because the Arthurian legends were written a few hundred years after anything supposedly happened, as a result of the vogue in society of that time for tales of chivalry.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 12:43   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Kiera Knightly shall be my wife. Oh yes. She will be mine*

*ok so she probably won't, but man is she hot.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 12:56   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Keira Knightley was really fit in "The Hole" despite being only being 16 or whatever.

(of course, when I say "despite" I probably mean "because she was 16", but bleh)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 12:56   #23
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

nothing ever happened if it wasn't immediately written down!
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 16:11   #24
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i thought guinivere was supposed to be blonde?
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 16:32   #25
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

there's probably as much truth about arthur as there was in that book about jesus or whoever. .
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 22:20   #26
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

He was meant to be a Russian guy, conscripted by the Romans and sent to fight/defend in England, then left there when they pulled out. (There was a "Real King Arthur" program on recently and that's what they said anyway)
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 23:49   #27
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're assuming there was a king arthur.
And you're assuming there wasn't.

It's been shown there was a guy named Arthur, and he did have a round table and a few knights in his group.

Whether he was King or not, who knows.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:03   #28
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Keira Knightley is hot, and TomKat what University do u go to? As I wanna apply
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 10:22   #29
Tomkat

Exeter...

Supposedly it's Exeter or somewhere else, and she's coming in September.

These may be vicious rumours spread by dirty students though O_o
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 11:08   #30
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebri...ot-student.php

vicious rumours
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 21:47   #31
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I haven't seen the film yet, probably will watch it though, but it looks very Roman like in the combat scenes although ive always known "King Arthur and Camelot etc" to be in the Middle Ages.....??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 21:49   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

im fairly sure it was dark ages rather than middle ages
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 21:49   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
I haven't seen the film yet, probably will watch it though, but it looks very Roman like in the combat scenes although ive always known "King Arthur and Camelot etc" to be in the Middle Ages.....??
800AD odd.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 22:00   #34
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

odd is an acronym or just something you thought you'd add on?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 22:25   #35
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
odd is an acronym or just something you thought you'd add on?
it stands for "Or Diminutive Deviation" - just means 'thereabouts", kind of like 'ish'.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 23:19   #36
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

wow, every day's a school day!
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 23:22   #37
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Except this one.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 01:02   #38
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just watch Excalibur, regardless of it's 'accuracy' it's still a damn good film.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 21:52   #39
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I would personally be suprised if that was the case. As with most legends theres normally some truth in the stories, just over time they get embelished and other simerlar stories get merged into them until we get a grand legend such as the Arthur one
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:25   #40
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

from what I remember reading, historians had pretty much settled on a powys king c.500AD fighting the naughty anglo-saxons around Shropshire; Camelot being the roman city Viroconium or something and places like Tintagel and Glastonbury are basically perpetuating myths/lying to attract tourists.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:10   #41
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Actually, what I read agrees with 1-X, Arthur was suspected to be one of the lst Briton kings who turned the tide (briefly) against the Angles invasion, before getting killed and his people were pushed back into wales.

I will tell you one very cool bit of trivia I learned in Undergrad History though:

Old Swords back in the day were essentially sharpened crowbars. The Romans knew how to make swords, but most of the rest of the world simply took a flat bit of metal, sharpened it with a stone and added a handle. It made for a bendable blade with little to no edge to it, that never stayed sharp for more than a hit. early archaeological finds of sword wounds tend to be crushing more than cutting.

The Romans, which then passed the technology on to Arabia, developed another way of making swords, which eventually became the standard, pouring liquid iron into a mold. (See: start of movie Conan) This made the blade far stronger and able to keep its edge much better. If you bent it, it would spring back rather than staying bent, the mold gave it tensile strength. Even better, you could layer mold, placing stronger metal around the edges. This required advanced metallurgy and smithy skills the barbarians did not have. The latin for mold is calibre, from whence the name for the size of gun barrels comes from to this day, as gun barrels are cast from a mold.

So what if, in this world of sharp crowbars, someone got their hands on a sword made using this advanced technology? It would not be recreatable, it would be nearly unique. It would be far more durable, and far sharper then other swords. Supersticous people would think it was magical.

When they asked about it, anyone who knew its real origin (and who spoke latin) would tell that it was an "iron sword that came from a mold":

Ferrum spatha ex calibre.

Look at those last two words, and tell me who might have had one of these unique special swords...

Ain't history cool?

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:23   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Of course, that doesn't explain the scabbard that makes him impervious.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:24   #43
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

one assumes that the entire legend isnt factually correct.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:27   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
one assumes that the entire legend isnt factually correct.
Mallory would never lie to me.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:32   #45
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

i think you should have words with this 'mallory'
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:36   #46
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Oh, and on a similar but utterly different note, why can't the people who make these fils do their damn research? They obviously did some, to get things like the saxon armour and the cool man-actuated trebuchets, which were all real. So somebody did some research...

And yet the movie Saxons had crossbows, impressive since they were not invented in Europe until the 800s, and not seen in England until 1066. Thats just a bush-league historical mistake.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:36   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i think you should have words with this 'mallory'
They put him in the tower, you know.