User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:37   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Is GD going to be pay to use?

Given the sudden removal of Avatars and Jammyjim talking about a change about how the game and the forums interrelate that's been in the pipeline for a year and a p2p round of pa again imminent are they going to force us to play the game (and hence pay) if we want access to GD to post?

dun dun dun!

p.s. I recently disucssed how retardedly unfeasible this idea should be in forums against belgy and JJ and they both contested in favour of it a couple nights ago.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:41   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is GD going to be pay to use?

As we said last time, JJ could just send starbucks a copy of the user table in the database and we'd all migrate there

Plus Starbucks is cool and not a twat.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:41   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

It almost happened a while back. I'm not sure how long ago, if it was a couple of months or maybe a year, the thing in my brain that gives me concept of time is kind of frazzled.

Anyway, back then it sounded like a dumb idea, now it sounds like a dumb idea too.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:42   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All that will happen is people will go elsewhere, which will kill the game faster.

If I'm going to pay for a forum (SA) I want a large amount of activity and content.

[edit]

And you know what? It wouldn't really matter to me. Everyone I have a desire to know independent of here I already have other contact methods for.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:44   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when it nearly happened before, the plan was that people could signup for a passport to have board access without having to pay to play that game. I think it was a ballsup in integration, the dream of a unified login that shelved it.

i'm sure some people (lo A2) would love the chance to get rid of us
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:46   #6
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
All that will happen is people will go elsewhere, which will kill the game faster.

If I'm going to pay for a forum (SA) I want a large amount of activity and content.

[edit]

And you know what? It wouldn't really matter to me. Everyone I have a desire to know independent of here I already have other contact methods for.
so youve got my mail then?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:46   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
when it nearly happened before, people could signup for a passport, and have board access, without having to pay to play that game
And that was the worst implementation ever, partially based around Karm's assertion that 'it would be impossible to move the forums to vb3 intact'. The idea got canned, and guess what happened? The forums were moved to vb3 intact.

Furthermore, the passport system in general has never really had any good feedback (that I've seen). It's worse for playing PA, and there's no reason for it on the boards.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:46   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
so youve got my mail then?
Did you get my parcelbomb?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:47   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

the pass port which will come with round 12 will allow access to the game and forums etc all under a single login. You will still only need to pay to play the game.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:51   #10
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Did you get my parcelbomb?
Quote:
No entry found for parcelbomb.

Did you mean aslbm?
What?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:54   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Is GD going to be pay to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the pass port which will come with round 12
Passport_Rollout_Round++;
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:55   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

aahahahahaha
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:58   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
What?
It's a bomb.

In a parcel.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:01   #14
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Why would you send me a bomb?
In a parcel?
I´m so cool and intelligent. You dont want to send me bombs. You do want to send me letters about how confused and alone you are in this crazy world. About how reckless people are with your feelings, and how you feel like you dont belong here. Traumas generated by the absence of your parents/siblings etc are welcome.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:03   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i for one hope it goes pay to use cos id happily pay :10bux: for an account and another :10bux: for an avatar to use a cool forum
Only if you forget to choose an avatar when you sign up.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:10   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Only if you forget to choose an avatar when you sign up.

I didn't know you could do that
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:11   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
I didn't know you could do that
The 'Choose your avatar now!' page obviously confused you ;(
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:15   #18
Ragnarak

Quote:
The 'Choose your avatar now!' page obviously confused you ;(
Yes it did. I was lost in the euphoria of the moment. It was like click click click wow i'm on SA, click click click.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:28   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i really have to get around to getting me a SA account, although, i have just realised that i didnt keep a copy of my avatar
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 18:44   #20
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i really have to get around to getting me a SA account, although, i have just realised that i didnt keep a copy of my avatar
I should have a copy of it in my cache if you really want it back
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 20:51   #21
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm not paying to post on an internet forum. I argued against paying to use the forums last time it was proposed and thought certain people had realised it will help kill the game.

Oh well .
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:15   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No-one would pay to use GD.

Making it pay-to-play would simply be a polite way of saying ex-players (i.e. most of GD) aren't welcome in the community anymore.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:16   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
thats why im all for it
So that i wont post?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:19   #24
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

frankly i support euthanasia, so yes.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:32   #25
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'm not paying to post on an internet forum. I argued against paying to use the forums last time it was proposed and thought certain people had realised it will help kill the game.

Oh well .

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:34   #26
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
No-one would pay to use GD.

Making it pay-to-play would simply be a polite way of saying ex-players (i.e. most of GD) aren't welcome in the community anymore.
Precisely. "Round {1,2,3}? Who cares about them?"

vB3 does have built in subscriptions. hardocp's forums use them. I'm sure the API is open and they could create a custom callback method to unlock the planetarion on topic forums to people who pay to play planetarion.

Last edited by BesigedB; 11 Jun 2004 at 21:42.
BesigedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:35   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
Precisely. "Round {1,2,3}? Who cares about them?"
There was no such thing as round 1. There is only GLORIOUS PLANETARION X. ALL HAIL KARM.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 22:30   #28
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In their defence, I can't think of many reasons why they _should_ care about round 1/2/3 players.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 22:40   #29
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

Passport Intergration was due to occur this week, however as the game signups could not be delayed by one day. I shelved the idea for this round.. however the passport and the forums link up is already coded and works fine.. and few have already tested it(including the reclamation of nick names), eg - leshy.

Although you will require a passport account to post on the forums. You will not have to pay to access.

A couple of rounds it was discussed making it so only those that p2p can access the PA related forums, but even under this scenario GD and co were free... nevertheless the p2p forums access thing has been binned.. It would ruin what little community is left on some of the forums.
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 22:41   #30
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
In their defence, I can't think of many reasons why they _should_ care about round 1/2/3 players.
well these forums would be pretty shit without anyone from rounds 1-3. this would not be in their interests.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 22:42   #31
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Quote:
There was no such thing as round 1. There is only GLORIOUS PLANETARION X. ALL HAIL KARM.

PAX is nothing to do with me.. thats spinners baby

Round 1 does exist.. I played it - it rocked (aside from the bugs)
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 22:43   #32
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

i told u he wuz hardcore
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:16   #33
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
Passport Intergration was due to occur this week, however as the game signups could not be delayed by one day. I shelved the idea for this round.. however the passport and the forums link up is already coded and works fine.. and few have already tested it(including the reclamation of nick names), eg - leshy.
Why not just prefill the passport database with the info from these forums? Seeing as you will have to have some sort of password security to ensure that names and accounts don't get stolen it's a bit redundant having to claim them back in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
Round 1 does exist.. I played it - it rocked (aside from the bugs)
Sarcasm, darling.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:31   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If i was God i'd give Karm face AIDS.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 23:42   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
Seeing as you will have to have some sort of password security to ensure that names and accounts don't get stolen it's a bit redundant having to claim them back in the first place.
They don't have to if they don't bother having password security, if it's anything like last time.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:16   #36
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

The "little" issue from last time has been fixed. ( i know this as i am logged into the passport and the forums now.. and logged in as me unlike last time

As for why not just reinsert the names directly from here.. well its an option .. not one i have honestly considered.. the only immediate downside would be that all passwords would have to be reset (the encryption on the passport is setup differently to here)
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 00:16   #37
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Does this mean it'll be easier for shai gar to make a posting comeback?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:30   #38
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

If i recall correctly.
and im pretty sure i do.
Pay to post/ integrated pa account/ board account, was originally Zeus's idea to reduce board spamming.
Back when the boards were active, and shai, Seth, etc made millions of accounts.
Rather than adjust the sign up process to not use hotmail addy's, or have moderated sign ups turned on.

PAY TO POST was deemed a genius idea by the then #pateam yes yes yes yes yes YESSS men.
every single person that wasnt a mod thought it was a spectacular idea,
Zeus backed up the argument by saying he'd chatted to Rumad (I think), and that said person thought the boards should be for Pa players only, that GD should be removed, and that Alliance discussions should be the only board on the entire thing.

way back when.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:36   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No.

I quell rumours
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 02:44   #40
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i was about to post something simliar too.

sorry for absence. i was working all night :-(

GD will never ever be pay to post. unless i

a) quit and someone who thinks its a 'really really' cool idea takes over
b) i get fired and a) happens.
c) I hit financial turbulance and need cash fast (ho ho)
d) I get fired because i dont want it to happen and then a) happens.

So worry not my children. Everything is safe still.

JJ

p.s my feet hurt. ive pulled a muscle in my left arm. i hate someone ive never met before because he just didnt turn up for work today meaning we had 1 waitress. and me. running around attending to 40 tables in a 'posh' place.

oh and it was me second day of ever ever doing waitering work. so hurray for me and my quick 'picking it all up quickly' type thing.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 17:22   #41
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Integrating Planetarion and Vbulletin has taken over a year?

I know that VB3's User Table is a little more complicated than VB2's. but to be honest it is not too difficult. I did it on mine within a day.

Which reminds me I should really work on that a little more, if I can find my USB2 Keyfob it is all on.

The only problem with the integration is where you want the data to be stored and how. From what Zeus told me about a year ago PA's data is not stored in mysql which is how planetarions is stored. Then you have to create a data pool to store everything in.

Now though everything appears to be in perl and not a Fast CGI C, which it was previously which would mean easier access to a mysql data pool. Only problem with all of this is people being able to reserve names, should the forums get an advantage over the game, or game over forums. And what if you are banned on the forums, could you link a new forums account to the game or would you need to register a new passport account. And with 2 Passport accounts in hand, without the proper protocol people could get banned for cheating within the game which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Alltogether if everything is linked properly (Passport system independent from both forum and game but an account of each can be linked to the passport) then everything is okay, if not you are just going to have the same problems all over again.

I might have a little looksie at the new round actually to see what you have done to this damn overpriced bit of code, the forums haven't improved however.

The current situation within the forum is overmoderation on things that should set its course and undermoderation on pure crap. The fact that due to a lot of events happening and people realising there are a lot more interesting communities out there instead of PA, which are more innovative (Weebls Stuff) or better ran and stricter (Something Awful).

These forums have no real value assigned to them, the demise of these forums was not linked to the "night of the spammers" or the "night of the spammers 2: this time we spam", more to the splitting of Planetarion Discussions and General Discussion. To be honest everyone wanted to discuss this as it was the one thing that linked us all together, now General Discussions is a Football and News Discussion Forum whereas PD is more active because it actually has a purpose.

The best thing the management can do to stop the stagnation is to cut a little bit of slack and allow users to do more things (not nessisarilly for money: see weebls stuff) and to re-link Planetarion Discussion and General Discussion, hoping that both user groups like in the past can contribute to both types of threads, because at the moment most people who visit GD do not visit PD, and most people who visit PD do not visit GD.

The irony is that the most privilent Subforum of all is the one that was mocked the most, RP. After having a little lurk it still has the same sort of things it had in its hayday whereas other forums have diminished, this is probably due to the fact it was always seggrigated and thats the way they liked it, this however does not work with PD and GD.

I myself have not posted on these forums for a lot, only to catch up on a few opinions on football matches (the reason I am here today actually) and when I am bored out of my skull. It did not have the same sort of "grab" it used to.

Now come for my suggestions with regards to these forums, you can ignore them but the stagnation will persue until you may as well rename this to the "Football and MrL's Ramblings Land".

- Allow for a more structured system, voting users posts for custom titles or even accounts (planetarion accounts), where the more active and worthwhile users are rewarded and the spammers are not
- Reduce the moderation on discussions on "the situation" of the forums and critisims of the planetarion team as a whole, allowing for opinions to be heard because without them this place would not exist.
-Stop users taking threads off topic
- Add better themes and styles to the forum
- Make the passport integration seamless and more importantly difficult to abuse.
- Advertise the forums more within the game

If you can just put your heads together and spend a few hours work looking around a few websites looking at things that could help this place then you will be fine, if you let this forum continue its course then there will be little point in creating any sort of integration in the first place
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 17:41   #42
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

The forums intergration is done and dusted.. test over 6 months ago and works fine

the bit that wasn't done was intergrating the game
and until spinner does that there is little point in doing the rest
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 17:49   #43
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i

p.s my feet hurt. ive pulled a muscle in my left arm. i hate someone ive never met before because he just didnt turn up for work today meaning we had 1 waitress. and me. running around attending to 40 tables in a 'posh' place.

oh and it was me second day of ever ever doing waitering work. so hurray for me and my quick 'picking it all up quickly' type thing.
Silver service/Catering for events? or like working in a pub/resturaunt?

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 17:55   #44
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

So Karmulian... when are our avatars coming back? Will our profiles etc. be reset? Will we have to re-sign up? Do we lose our titles & post counts? Will we see the ingame styles ported over and turned into forum styles too?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:08   #45
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
the splitting of Planetarion Discussions and General Discussion
If memory serves correctly, Planetarion Discussions was born out of Alliance Discussions, not out of General Discussions.

Additionally, the problem with a reintegration wouldn't be PD, it would be GD. Any posts regarding the game that accidentally pop up on GD are generally treated with disdain, being taken off-topic and spammed.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:22   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
PD is more active because it actually has a purpose.
More active than what? Previously? GD? The other PA forums?

It's the most active out of the PA forums ('shock as PD is more active than AR or PA Suggestions'), but it's nowhere near GD or RP, or even PD of 6-12 months back.

Quote:
-Stop users taking threads off topic
Worst idea ever. Some of the 'best' threads (ie ones with most serious discussion) have come out of threads which were at best little more than spam, if you judged them by the first post.

Also, having the community doing 'rewards' seems to be a terrible, terrible idea to me; what is it supposed to encourage?
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:41   #47
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
iGD will never ever be pay to post. .
Could we not even charge something like $0.01 per post in order to dissuade jakiri?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:49   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Is GD going to be pay to use?

The only rational argument in favour of a passport system that I could see, is if it encouraged more game users to come onto the forums. Which there is no assurance that it will do. In fact, it's possible that it may decrese forum activity more than anything else.

Otherwise it's just pointless cock-waving that rubs everyone up the wrong way.

Oh, and is there going to be a repeat of the previous debaclé, where people who had a username for the last nigh on half-decade would no longer be able to use it anymore because of a pure administrative balls-up?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:06   #49
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

No MM thats already been sort of a reclamation method is setup a works (it works of this live DB.. so as long as you don't get deleted you'll be fine)

Leshy has tested it if you wish to have proof
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 22:47   #50
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know of nothing until I get paid.

(Yeah, nickname reclamation works.)