User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Dec 2009, 11:55   #151
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough
Re: Round 34 Stats

yes. ETD BS ruled on attacks, just because all uni except Apprime/p3nguins and some CT, went fi/co. And simply Tycoon eat FR/DE for breakfast. And also pillager was an awesome ship for defense, as efficient as thief. Just not that good as attacking as the thief (check the post above)
lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 13:35   #152
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

I didnt really enjoy the stats or maybe the way the majority of the universe tried to play the stats - either way I am eager for serious changes next round and would be against any mere tweaking.

If however only a tweak were to be done:
1) Beetles would need to shoot CO first or increase xan fi's emp res.
2) Increased armour of Spirits/Widows - or change their attack to shoot BS first (otherwise weaken Tycoons)
3) Lower thief/pillager armour
4) Reduce xan fr emp res but increase their attack

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 14:25   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Offering once more in case pateam want to use them!
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 15:29   #154
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Certainly worth testing out
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 19:57   #155
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pro JBG's stats being given a chance! Saves us from alot of rushed statsmaking after christmas aswell!
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 23:46   #156
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

I was a fan of jbg's last set, possibly liking this one as much. Am pro!
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 01:18   #157
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Definately worth testing, at first glance they look good!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 02:12   #158
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
Definately worth testing, at first glance they look good!
At first glance too many EMP ships in the ETD fleet, especially the DE EMP only fortress fleet. Getting some Ter DE with the Vendor (only ETD steal ship) would be nice though, and as Cath target only DE as T2 you can see an interesting option there.
The best with JBG's stats is you can quickly find a way to play your favourite race... quite the opposite of the last 2 rounds sets.
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 02:20   #159
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
At first glance too many EMP ships in the ETD fleet, especially the DE EMP only fortress fleet.
Just as a quick point, as I'm not arsed debating them unless pateam say they'll go with them, but you missed the lancer in the etd de fleet it seems.
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 04:02   #160
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

At second glance i can see the Lancer
Just to be sure, the merchant is really FR or is it just a mistake ?
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 15:54   #161
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
At second glance i can see the Lancer
Just to be sure, the merchant is really FR or is it just a mistake ?
Yeah, that was a mistake, corrected it for good measure.

Also, given that I suggested moving back to single targeting as part of my "big changes" thread I thought I'd throw out a stats version with that.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Jg&output=html

It's been a fair while since I even looked at single-targeting so I decreased it to 2 pod classes as 3 was never done beforehand. I feel it's roughly balanced but I'd appreciate input! In reality it might be a better idea to pick a fairly balanced set of stats from a previous round. That said I just had a look and given that only post r19 (zik value gain stealing removed) stats are relevant there doesn't really appear to be a fairly even t100 split. Round 22 probably looks the best of the bunch on the pa wiki (not that the stats are saved there though so **** knows if anyone has them).
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 16:29   #162
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to try out a single target round again, just as its something different
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 16:44   #163
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Plus you could solo attack in a single target round, as opposed to needing 100 teamup partners to share 200 roids.
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 17:01   #164
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Anything that helps solo attack is good with me. Here is the idea I posted elsewhere, but this seems to be the place where the stats discussion is taking place.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...20VLQKBQ&gid=1

(Obviously not a workable set of stats!) I bet others have better ideas than that, but I thought I would share it so that those who know what they are talking about might get an idea. I don't know my ass from a hole in wall in this department.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 18:16   #165
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

The return of solo attacks being viable would be great in my opinion. The constant teaming up really messes with my game strategy.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 19:28   #166
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
The return of solo attacks being viable would be great in my opinion. The constant teaming up really messes with my game strategy.
That's a pretty bad reason, right there.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 23:02   #167
BaasB

BaasB will become famous soon enoughBaasB will become famous soon enough

I pray for more solo attacks!

i hate sharing roids between 8 people to actually get trough somewhere...
BaasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 23:24   #168
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaasB View Post
I pray for more solo attacks!

i hate sharing roids between 8 people to actually get trough somewhere...
Attack bigger targets
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 00:13   #169
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeah because capping 500 roids between 8 people is still awesome, also it takes more than 8 people to get through on a 2k roider nowadays
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 00:28   #170
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's a pretty bad reason, right there.
It's as good a reason as any other I've seen here so far. But yes otherwise you're right.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 01:13   #171
JonnyBGood
Banned

My proposal, in line with my other thread on the suggestions forum, would be use these stats and either no out of gal def or no salvage for next round (both would be hilarious but thinking about it it'd probably be a step too far).
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 02:23   #172
Makhil

no out of gal def, single targeting (meaning having to build 6 ships at least...). Where do i sign ?
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 03:51   #173
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My proposal, in line with my other thread on the suggestions forum, would be use these stats and either no out of gal def or no salvage for next round (both would be hilarious but thinking about it it'd probably be a step too far).
or single targetting and properly random galaxys.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 11:08   #174
BaasB

BaasB will become famous soon enoughBaasB will become famous soon enough

PAteam SHOULD take JBG's stats and they SHOULD let us vote for the multi- or single-targeting shipstats.

People will then have all holiday to test stats in beta, which should be final like 1 week before round start, and then players can find what they want to play, instead of 2 days before tickstart...

I suppose next round starts friday 8 Jan? That means we have 3 weeks from now, lets get it going!
BaasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:00   #175
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:23   #176
Makhil

Agreed even if i believe that
- beta is not for testing stats... bcalc is enough.
- voting is bad
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:46   #177
JonnyBGood
Banned

I pmed my stats to appoco yesterday so it's up to pateam now!
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 15:44   #178
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Sounds interesting.

I am in favour of the "back to ppl attack alone instead of 100 fleets on one planet" thingi.

1 ship targettting might be better for that, I fully agree.

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 16:01   #179
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
or single targetting and properly random galaxys.
I don't really object to random gals either yeah, I do think 2 "significant" changes are needed in order to refresh things a bit. I would obviously like the chance to adjust either stats set depending on what changes are being made though!
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 16:39   #180
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I d like 100% random gal.
Dont think any other major change would be needed to get some change.
Could set gals big enough, and remove oog defence.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 01:54   #181
Makhil

by OOG defense you mean only non allied planets defending outside their gal or do you include planets from the same alliance ?
In the first case 100% random is fine, in the second case 100% private is needed.
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 02:48   #182
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

After a brief look at the single-targetting stats, it looks pretty exciting.
I love how when we had single targetting people were shouting for multi targetting again, and it's not that good
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 10:43   #183
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
After a brief look at the single-targetting stats, it looks pretty exciting.
I love how when we had single targetting people were shouting for multi targetting again, and it's not that good
Most people just like some variety. Like how in the American presidential elections they change from Democrat to Republican every once in a while even though it really makes no difference.
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 14:13   #184
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

No way man. Barack Obama will change the world. See, he even has a Nobel Peace Prize, my belief is vindicated.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 16:51   #185
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Most people just like some variety.
I agree with JBG. It's not about whether single-targeting or multi-targeting is the best system for ever and ever. It's about making a few significant changes from round to round so that the strategies change.

Stats and the composition/size of galaxies should change enough every round so that it actually feels like a different round. Right now I think we are playing round 32v3.0
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2009, 00:23   #186
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch View Post
Anything that helps solo attack is good with me. Here is the idea I posted elsewhere, but this seems to be the place where the stats discussion is taking place.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...20VLQKBQ&gid=1

(Obviously not a workable set of stats!) I bet others have better ideas than that, but I thought I would share it so that those who know what they are talking about might get an idea. I don't know my ass from a hole in wall in this department.
Terran pod should definitely be called 'Hungry Hippo'.

EDIT: also, could just have most ships have a single target. Multitargeting ships would then be 'better'. Could also be used as a way to balance out cathaargh. 2-3 EMP ships getting 2 targets each?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2009, 01:09   #187
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Terran pod should definitely be called 'Hungry Hippo'
Best suggestion I've seen in a long time.
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 01:39   #188
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

well i spent some time playing with stats and came up with a set so thought i would share along with my reasoning

my aim for stats,

Ter big heavy armoured slow expensive
Xan fast cheep low armoured heavy firepower
Cat fast peacefuly medium armour few kill ships
Zik few good kill ships, plenty of options good armour slow
Etd mixed bag big ships cover everything but not as well

Ter weak vrs fi co (cat xan)
xan weak vrs cr (cat zik)
cat weak vrs fr (xan ter)
Zik weak vrs bs (etd ter)
etd weak vrs de (etd zik)

Ter Fr and BS attack fleets
Xan Fi and Fr attack fleets
Cat Co and Cr atatck fleets
Zik De and Cr attack fleets
Etd De and BS attack fleets

possibly looking at making it so that each race as most of fleet in one class and one ship in another such as xan Fi FI Co

no race should be able to build 3 ships plus pods and manage (possible exception of zik if massive steals)
alot more single targeting and no T3 at all

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...mp;output=html

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 02:22   #189
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing View Post
well i spent some time playing with stats and came up with a set so thought i would share along with my reasoning

my aim for stats,

Ter big heavy armoured slow expensive
Xan fast cheep low armoured heavy firepower
Cat fast peacefuly medium armour few kill ships
Zik few good kill ships, plenty of options good armour slow
Etd mixed bag big ships cover everything but not as well

Ter weak vrs fi co (cat xan)
xan weak vrs cr (cat zik)
cat weak vrs fr (xan ter)
Zik weak vrs bs (etd ter)
etd weak vrs de (etd zik)

Ter Fr and BS attack fleets
Xan Fi and Fr attack fleets
Cat Co and Cr atatck fleets
Zik De and Cr attack fleets
Etd De and BS attack fleets

Save yourself the trouble. This is round 27, and those stats were awesome so lets use them instead.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 07:43   #190
vex`

vex` can only hope to improve

DragonKing your stats look GOOD! Looking forward to try them in Beta!

spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...mp;output=html
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 16:44   #191
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

here is another suggestion

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW...mbWtxZG4&hl=en

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 17:12   #192
JonnyBGood
Banned

Just a few things for people to bear in mind seeing as everyone likes throwing out stats here all of a sudden. With multi-targeting and emp unless all your emp ships fire in the same patterns (that means not having fr/de and de/fr) you're going to have difficulty balancing them. That's just how emp targeting works unfortunately, with the e/r system there's just no way around it. Secondly decreasing the number of multi-targeting ships is very different from going back to single-targeting, all the first one does is increase the value of ships with secondary targets. Either way I'm not entirely sure what the stats suggestions posted here are aiming at?
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 18:15   #193
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Either way I'm not entirely sure what the stats suggestions posted here are aiming at?
well i can only speak for myself, my set is nothing special compared to your single targeting set, which i think could help with the stagnation of the game btw.
cause i really think we need some change in PA to keep ppl interested

however if we dont go back to single targeting, my set is aimed at having a round where not 80% of the universe are going the fi/co path

thats mainly the only aim it has

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 21:16   #194
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I don't really object to random gals either yeah, I do think 2 "significant" changes are needed in order to refresh things a bit. I would obviously like the chance to adjust either stats set depending on what changes are being made though!
It doesnt even need to be 100% random just not fake random that it is now.
Option 1: 100% random, no buddy packs, no exiling. Downside is that friends cant play together. Shuffle at tick 12.
Option 2: Buddy Packs allowing 2 people to end up together, 100% random and no exiling. Shuffle at tick 12. This would allow you to play with a friend and wouldnt make buddy packs the deciding factor in awesome galaxys.
Option 3: Buddy Packs allowing 5 people to end up together, 100% random and no exiling.

The only thing i would be wondering about, is weither to bring back the disband galaxy option to save those extremly crap galaxys from ruining a active planets round.

Quote:
Most people just like some variety. Like how in the American presidential elections they change from Democrat to Republican every once in a while even though it really makes no difference.
I would like single targetting for one round, for a change. However, i'd be inclined to vote for multi targetting again after.
Unread 21 Dec 2009, 21:35   #195
isildurx

I'm also pro bringing back single targetting for a round.
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 01:27   #196
Makhil

-Random or not is not the kind of significant change that PA needs. They do it or not, it doesn't matter.
-Stats is definitely needed, but expected as every round. Just hoping we can have stats that don't force people to gang up on small targets to havea chance of success.
-That leaves something very significant to change: removing allies, removing out of gal def, that kind of thing...
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 08:53   #197
vex`

The beauty of this game is that opens minds to a world of math, statistics and strategy, which provides a wealth of multiple possibilities on how to play the game. Limiting its diversity and restricting the creativity for our players, allows for the game to get boring, predictable and frustrating which as a result kills the game.
All these to say, single targeting - not a good idea in my oppinion!

We need to attract players and keep them interested and lets provide our players with a rich and powerful stats where they can be creative, where any race or class could roid any race, ... that any race could WIN

Reality is, only ppl with no jobs, or with few life responsibilities can play this game properly. We need to make it more friendly to most ages and more open to different personalities than the anti social and unemployed. (Allowing racist and sexual innuendos as part of the "PA's culture" "Brownies" targets a few of the many good possibilities of new players that get turned off by this behavior.) <-- i though i added that referring to some of my friends ofc anyways... moving on!

We need more n00bs and we need to keep them interested or PA is toasted forever!

So far, I still prefer DragonKing's stats
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 15:24   #198
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Single-targetting isn't restricting diversity and creativity.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 15:32   #199
vex`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Single-targetting isn't restricting diversity and creativity.
Yes it is! Will make it more difficult to fake considering the fact that there can only be one ship of one class ;/

Rather be mesmerized figuring out fleet compositions having a bigger risk factor rather than simplifying it.
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 15:37   #200
JonnyBGood
Banned

In general the differences between single and multi-targeting arise over the ease of attacking versus defence. It is relatively easy to see what to attack with single-targeting and it's a bit more intuitive. Multi-targeting leads to defence dominated, roid holding type of rounds where it's extremely difficult to win a round on the offensive. Your value is more effective being held back and controlled than being unleashed because the roids you're able to gain with your fleet are nearly always less than the roids you can hold with them. Due to the primacy of value the more conservative fleet types (if you don't know what I mean by this just think of the fleet that's furthest away from xp whoring as possible) are rewarded. I don't think this is a bad thing per se, I've quite enjoyed it for a number of rounds now and I was pretty ****ing good at it too! Switching back to single-targeting really just opens up a few new (old) avenues and closes off some new ones.

I mean let's be honest here, last round was fi/co dominated (for whatever reason) and largely consisted of beetles plus either pillagers or thieves owning the shit out of everything else. Bottom line there wasn't exactly a vast and spontaneous display of creativity in fleet composition in response to the stats last round heh. Obviously this can happen but the fact it didn't last round sort of shows it's not just down to multi vs single targeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex` View Post
Yes it is! Will make it more difficult to fake considering the fact that there can only be one ship of one class ;/

Rather be mesmerized figuring out fleet compositions having a bigger risk factor rather than simplifying it.
This is just outright untrue. There was a lot more faking in single-targeting rounds than there has been recently. What killed faking was how there emerged a load of default covers where you'd send fr/de class def versus a cr/bs attack and just happen to cover all classes by virtue of the ships sent. Under single-targeting you have to actually decide to cover versus other classes and this is what makes faking far more viable.

Especially with something like zik where if you cap pods in all the different classes a dc may potentially have to cover versus 6 different fleets.