User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:23   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How often do you check to find out whether you've evolved any new powers?

I sometimes check whether I've gained psychic abilities. I mean this is surely an important thing to know, right? Being telepathic or telekinetic could have a significant effect on your day to day life - its not like gaining the ability to play the piano or guitar - we're talking big, big lifestyle changes here. And if you don't test for new powers, how would you ever know you'd got them? What if spiderman hadn't noticed the bite - what if he had been asleep? He might have went though life completely unaware - and what a waste that would have been. So anyway, I feel I owe it to myself to check every so often. Just in case. I don't do it regularly, maybe once every few months. But if I have a pack of playing cards to hand, I may well have a shot at trying to predict the top card. I'll shut my eyes and concentrate, doing my very best to visualise the face. Sometimes I can't feel any information come to me, so I discard it, and try the next one. But most times I get a feeling as to what the card will be. Then I'll slowly turn it over, hoping I'm right. Unfortunately, this is very rarely the case. No matterr what strength of feeling I had, the card seldom corresponds to my hunch. I'm not sure how often I predict correctly - I don't keep track. But I'm willing to guess that it would be around 1 time in 52, give or take.

This isn't the only way that I try to predict cards though, I like a bit of variation. Another favourite is to try and deal the whole pack face down into 2 piles, red and black. I'll spend maybe 1-2 seconds on each card, trying to get an idea what colour it is, then put it into what I hope is the correct pile. A few cards wont give me any signs, so I place them aside. Again, I have very little luck with this. Sometimes, one pile has significantly more red cards than the other, but this can easily be explained by statistical fluctuation. I'll sometimes try to predict coins too. Toss one in the air, catch it, then guess whether its heads or tails. This doesn't give any encouraging results either.

I used to try and levitate things occasionally, when I was younger - not as young as you might think (or hope). I stopped doing it when I was around 18, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what caused me to first attempt this, but I think it may have been the book 'Matilda' - I mean if she could do it then what's stopping me, right? I'd choose some household object, one that wasn't too heavy - I figured that I'd better start small. Begin with a pencil or an eraser, and then perhaps in the future move on to lifting people off the ground. Anyway, I'd choose an object, and focus on it. Then I'd try to direct my mind towards it, and imagine movement. I'd attempt to form a connection with the object, pushing, pulling, doing my very best to exert _some_ kind of force. My attention wouldn't divert from it - I'd keep trying, hoping that it would move - even the smallest millimeter would do. Unfortunately, I never got even that.

I don't really do the levitation test anymore though. Maybe I should - I'd feel like a right fool if I'd gained telekinesis, but didn't notice because I was too busy trying to predict the colour of playing cards.

Anyway, how about you?

Last edited by Nodrog; 5 Sep 2004 at 03:52.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:26   #2
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How often do you check to find out whether you've evolved any new powers?

Yesterday whiile playing Red Alert 2 I remember playing the game, and I think that I have played it before. And something pops into my head at that moment, I will loose this game.

I goddamn lost, I blame the fact that the resources were not placed near me and the fact we had to choose random teams and I was soviet. I am normally Germany
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:48   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i often try and move things with my mind, drinks and stuff.

it hasnt worked to date though, but chin up eh?
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 08:22   #4
AussieDigger

Nod,

G'day mate, long time...no see. Thought I would just pop in and see who is around and after reading your thread, its good to see some things dont change - I even had to register my old nick being its been so long since I have been on here.

Cheers mate,

Aussie
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 08:24   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

You need a change in your world view/mind-set on this subject? A belief in the sprit world might help.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 08:24   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard W can do all the stuff nod wished he could and more already.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 10:26   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I check ocassionally. A lot of the time I'll be watching TV or something and I'll want to close the door, which involves getting up. So I'll try to close the door with my mind. It's obviously not worked yet.

As for visualising, I do it when playing roulette or poker a lot. I'm not a millionaire so it's clearly not worked yet. But I do have runs of luck when I just "know" the river card will be a ten to complete my straight or something. Obviously in games like poker that kind of knowledge can work against certain opponents because you bluff them out of the game, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:44   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my flatemate can levitate.

the video is better but heres a grab :
http://users.aber.ac.uk/jat2/levitate1.jpg
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:46   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

wow either he's really light or that fan is really strong
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:47   #10
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
my flatemate can levitate.

the video is better but heres a grab :
http://users.aber.ac.uk/jat2/levitate1.jpg
or he can place the tip of his right foot at a certain angle where it cannot be seen by the viewer.

so yeah I guess I can levitate too
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:48   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.bwgen.com/

This thing is supposed to stimulate parts of the mind, and people have made presets for telekinesis and better sex and headache removal and all that. They sound pretty cool, and it might increase your ability to fly or something.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 12:50   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I can shoot energybeams from my hands...
Or so I'm trying to make myself believe.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 13:02   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You mean you people can't do all of these things?!
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 14:15   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I can read auras and intentions and sometimes I can see someone's past. And I can remove pain by focusing or laying on hands.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 14:34   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I can come without physical contact
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 15:42   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: How often do you check to find out whether you've evolved any new powers?

How many different powers are there and how long would it take to check for them all? OK, so you check for selected mental capabilities every other month or so; but what if your special power is something physical (the ability to run through solid walls, or to breathe poisonous gases without harm, or to withstand blast furnace temperatures? How often do you check for those kinds of powers (preferably without killing yourself)?

Or what if your mental powers are not as straightforward as you might think (e.g., you can move objects with your mind but only if they're red or only if they're metallic; or you can read minds but only when your head is submerged in water, etc)?

Instead of focusing on broad powers that spontaneously evolve perhaps you should be looking for special powers that you've always had but you've just never stumbled upon the specific circumstances that enable them.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 17:36   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I measure my penis with a ruler every week to check if it's grown if that's any help?
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 17:43   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

some years ago i played a hockeymatch and some guy of the other team took a free ball.
before he even hit the ball, i raised my stick vertical in front of my body to protect myself. in 10 the years of hockey before that match, i've never ever done that.
i didn't see the ball would go up or something, it was just an impulse. a splitsecond later the ball flew to my chest, bounced off my stick and out of the field.
that was the only time i thought i may have some special power. :P
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 15:07   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
http://www.bwgen.com/

This thing is supposed to stimulate parts of the mind, and people have made presets for telekinesis and better sex and headache removal and all that. They sound pretty cool, and it might increase your ability to fly or something.
I just downloaded that thing, put in one of those chakra presets (chakra journey), and nearly fell asleep while reading some stuff on the web.
That thing is cool. Though it will take some time learning to listen to it.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 15:35   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I once watched a TV show where a group of people were eligible to take part. As the camera passed some guy, I said "He's the one that'll get picked", and he subsequently indeed got picked. Never worked reliably enough for the lottery, though
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 16:19   #21
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

I have a variant of the card thingy where I try to use the force to get into girls knickers. Sadly, like you Nod it only ever works about 1 time in 52. But I do keep trying.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:41   #22
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

That bwgen thing actually works because I once had problems sleeping and when I tried it out a year ago (a friend recommended it) it actually worked.

And the only powers I actually have is knowing the things people would say next at certain times and I often have dejavu.

I once turned the tv off which was in my living room from my bedroom which is 9 metres away and there is two layers of brick betwwen my room and the tv. And no i didnt use a remote control or any contraption of any sort.
Please dont laugh at me. I'm not trying to be funny.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:44   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

a dejavu is perfectly explainable and has nothing to do with super powers, google it up as I am to lazy to explain it in english.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:50   #24
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

Well I'm lazier so I cant be arsed looking it up. And I think that repetetive dejavu is a power.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:52   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

My grandma believes rocks have feelings and are able to communicate with people.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:55   #26
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

So does your grandma have the ability or the rocks?
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:57   #27
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Well, in some way you must have a certain amount of superpowers to actually make yourself believe such bullshit.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 22:08   #28
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

It doesnt count as superpowers if half of americans can do it.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:15   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can turn on the TV without getting up off my fat arse.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:58   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I sometimes check whether I've gained psychic abilities. I mean this is surely an important thing to know, right? Being telepathic or telekinetic could have a significant effect on your day to day life - its not like gaining the ability to play the piano or guitar - we're talking big, big lifestyle changes here. And if you don't test for new powers, how would you ever know you'd got them? What if spiderman hadn't noticed the bite - what if he had been asleep? He might have went though life completely unaware - and what a waste that would have been. So anyway, I feel I owe it to myself to check every so often. Just in case. I don't do it regularly, maybe once every few months. But if I have a pack of playing cards to hand, I may well have a shot at trying to predict the top card. I'll shut my eyes and concentrate, doing my very best to visualise the face. Sometimes I can't feel any information come to me, so I discard it, and try the next one. But most times I get a feeling as to what the card will be. Then I'll slowly turn it over, hoping I'm right. Unfortunately, this is very rarely the case. No matterr what strength of feeling I had, the card seldom corresponds to my hunch. I'm not sure how often I predict correctly - I don't keep track. But I'm willing to guess that it would be around 1 time in 52, give or take.

This isn't the only way that I try to predict cards though, I like a bit of variation. Another favourite is to try and deal the whole pack face down into 2 piles, red and black. I'll spend maybe 1-2 seconds on each card, trying to get an idea what colour it is, then put it into what I hope is the correct pile. A few cards wont give me any signs, so I place them aside. Again, I have very little luck with this. Sometimes, one pile has significantly more red cards than the other, but this can easily be explained by statistical fluctuation. I'll sometimes try to predict coins too. Toss one in the air, catch it, then guess whether its heads or tails. This doesn't give any encouraging results either.

I used to try and levitate things occasionally, when I was younger - not as young as you might think (or hope). I stopped doing it when I was around 18, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what caused me to first attempt this, but I think it may have been the book 'Matilda' - I mean if she could do it then what's stopping me, right? I'd choose some household object, one that wasn't too heavy - I figured that I'd better start small. Begin with a pencil or an eraser, and then perhaps in the future move on to lifting people off the ground. Anyway, I'd choose an object, and focus on it. Then I'd try to direct my mind towards it, and imagine movement. I'd attempt to form a connection with the object, pushing, pulling, doing my very best to exert _some_ kind of force. My attention wouldn't divert from it - I'd keep trying, hoping that it would move - even the smallest millimeter would do. Unfortunately, I never got even that.

I don't really do the levitation test anymore though. Maybe I should - I'd feel like a right fool if I'd gained telekinesis, but didn't notice because I was too busy trying to predict the colour of playing cards.

Anyway, how about you?
It's interesting, but has it ever occured to you that you might have "evolved" these powers, but you might just not be operating them right? for example, when babies are just born, they eat their feet and things like that, apparently because they do not yet understand that the feet belong to them (they learn this later, slowly) so it could indeed be that you "evolved" these powers, but just haven't figured out how to use them yet. It might be that you had these fantastic powers since you were born. I caution you on trying the same methods to find these things, since you might be using an incorrect trigger. It might be that you can only identify a card if you swipe it between your butt cheeks, or levitate an object if it is in a sealed box. who knows? I suggest different methods - unless of course you are only interested to find out whether you have developed certain specific powers.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 13:05   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
I suggest different methods - unless of course you are only interested to find out whether you have developed certain specific powers.
That's quite interesting actually.
We may have the powers already, just not know how to use them. Like some people can waggle their ears just because they know what to do to trigger it.