User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:07   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
I implore all you gamer geeks to do the following.

At the moment I am currently involved in the Closed Stress test beta of the North American World of Warcraft Servers. Now I know when there has been threads about what mmorpg to play here I've had a lot of input etc.

Can I just say that I really underestimated how much blizzard was about to set the precedence in the genre. It is utterly ****ing amazing for an MMORPG, if playing it wasn't a telling experience, the quantity of other users who have migrated over from FFXI, EverQuest and Ragnarok etc that are talking in the general chat rooms lauding how blizzard have got an mmorpg that spanks the pants off of mmorpg's that have been going for four years it's a testament in itself to it's quality.

Now the reason I write this thread,

I am informed that at the end of this month they are going to run a one week stress test closed beta for the European servers, I implore any of you that are wanting to dip your gaming hands into the waters of mmorpg gaming to get in on this immediately.

www.fileplanet.com I believe will be running the registration for it, and no you don't need to be a paying member to get a key, it's just that paying members are GURANTEED keys.. but there was certainly plenty going around for non paying members.

IF you want me to do a review of this game, give me till the end of this beta (this is in beta and it pisses hardily over every other mmorpg imo that is already p2p) to give a full review of how it plays, all I can say is not only am I sold on this game but even my new roomies are and there's been much queuing to play it on my pc (I only have the one key hence account for it) even a friend that hated what blizzard had done to the warcraft series with warcraft 3 is in love with it and describes it (as a 7 year experienced DungeonMaster) as the closest to an RPG as he's ever imagined and even defeats D&D'ing in many aspects, if there was a mod for it where he could set quests himself and stuff it would in fact replace D&D'ing for him.

Anyway.... I know glorification threads are usually recieved with slight derison but I hope that this will settle some issues and queries some people have about this genre that has become massively popular lately.

Only reason I have time to post here is that I had to reboot cause of a memory leak (hey it's a beta) anyway I'll try and check back on this thread but I prolly won't be posting here much or be back on irc till at least next thursday, then I'll prolly be bereft with grief.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:10   #2
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I implore all you gamer geeks to do the following.

Thanks for the heads up, I will let this control my life in all likelyhood
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:20   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wait , if youre sitting there religiously playing a Beta version of this game, and youre devoting your time and effort to it and other online games (as you have a tendency to do with most of your life since you dont work) , are you entitled to refer to others as "Gamer Geeks" , or do i now have to edit your post to read "I Implore all you fellow gamers to do the following".

I shall have to mull this over while i sleep.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 05:12   #4
Laxymoo

Laxymoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still kinda pissed at Blizzard for cutting back on the number of available servers -- I still play Diablo II on a regular basis.
Laxymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 06:28   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'm a gamer geek, so is everyone I live with.

I don't think Geek is derogatory, at least imo.

Oh and I'm only playing this atm, nothing else... like nothing else not even logging on irc so I don't get distracted, that said the server is down atm someone managed to stress it out (first time it went down is because everyone overloaded the goblin zeppelin flying) Anyway that said my employment situation is not related to my willingness to work unfortunately, it's a case of I'm not allowed too, no permit etc etc... immigration isn't easy to canada and they are contemplating fixing it atm in goverment, they are just taking their royal time about it but that's deterring from my point here.

Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the european server stress test beta of WoW, if you don't like this game I'd have to insist that mmorpg's are probably not for you.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 08:05   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

It was me bragging that I had got into the beta for the north american stress test.

this is somewhat different, what with you being portuguese right? this applies to you!
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 09:51   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
...even a friend that hated what blizzard had done to the warcraft series with warcraft 3 is in love with it...
Well I hope that truely is the case, as I'm part of the 'OMFG Blizzard totally screwed up when they made Warcraft 3' group.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 10:20   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

It really really is, this mate of mine REALLY hated warcraft 3 that in the sense other than the storyline it kinda blew.

However he's like bugging me constantly to let him play seeing as we only have one account :P

Like CONSTANTLY, all of us in the household who have made a char on my account are like cheaping out on sleep trying to wait me out and jump on after I pass out etc.

It's freaking crazy, Blizzard have got something on their hands that will dwarf the immense pleasure that was bnet gaming with starcraft or D2 (depending on what rocked your boat).

anyway the servers are about to go back up after some emergency maintenance (they are up at 2 am fixing the servers, go go blizzard) and so I'll vamoose, but from a friend who shares your opinion he urges you to believe in what blizzard have managed here.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:40   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Any single (lol pun hah) experienced mmorpg player in the beta I know or heard of tell me the beta is amazing compared to all other mmorpgs on the market, so yeah, this isn't really surprising to hear.

I couldnt be arsed to sign up for the stresstest though as I expected it to be very laggy and blizzard really testing their servers, which doesnt seem to be the case lagwise :/

Besides that, it's only a week. Sounds like foreplaying without the actual penetration procedure.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 13:39   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Blizzard's handling, of lack thereof, of an eu beta has left me quite disapointed, to the point where i suspect they'll release in the US about a month ahead of the EU and i'll not bother buying it \o/

-mist
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 21:19   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

If you haven't read the first post, they are going to be doing an EU stress test at the end of the month and this thread is drawing your attention to it, SO YOU CAN ALL SIGN UP FOR IT.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 23:41   #12
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i read. how long's the us beta being going? comparably, it feels like they couldn't give a crap about europe.

that asside, the wow site says they'll have the closed beta up by the end of the month, last time i checked it didn't mention an EU stress test

-mist