User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:16   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The price for PA ?

How much £ would it cost me to buy the rights to PA from jolt ?

(yes Im being serious)
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:23   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The price for PA ?

I'm guessing you'd have to begin at roughly £50,000 to be considered a serious buyer.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:25   #3
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

hm, £50,000.

thats an odd price for a game who'se market value is being torpedoed by the owner themselves.

could the PA liason from jolt reply to this thread when he is around please?
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:35   #4
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

There is no price tag currently.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:40   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i'll take a wild stab at £60001

is this some form of lottery?

-mist
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:43   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

biffy, why the edit?

-mist
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 01:48   #7
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

More concise .
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:02   #8
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck to you idler. I think most other owners could do a better job than Jolt.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:09   #9
mist
Jolt's best friend

hmmmmmmm

-mist
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:11   #10
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Would think it would be more around the £15 to £20k mark.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:48   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

hm, right.

Considering PA's marketing value is more or less at a historical low due to recent events I will consider sending a official request to jolt about buying PA. (and a price offer to go with it)
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 02:50   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You ****.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 03:21   #13
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Planetarion was sold for ~£6,000 With a Profit Sharing agreement with the original investors
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 03:26   #14
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

You ahve to hit rock bottom I guess.

IT's about time someone with sense bought it.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 03:27   #15
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

No-one with sense will buy it
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 05:04   #16
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

If someone with any remote attribute of a brain bought it. It would be a hell of a lot better. While everyone is talking buy it. We have certain people who calls themselves vet's, Celeb's, and all of that. Why don't they all come together and buy it? Over half of you live like, right next to each other. Would be easy to be partners. Just a thought. i am just tired of gay ass jolt. I would take anything right now. It sure sounds great to have someone buy it tho'.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 06:36   #17
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

If we had the money, I'm willing to bet most of us would buy it in a heartbeat.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 07:51   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Planetarion was sold for ~£6,000 With a Profit Sharing agreement with the original investors
That little? I figured it was closer to about 25k at the time.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:03   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 08:46   #20
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Indeed.

But I Am Idler might
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 09:26   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i'll give you £3.50 and this old spoon for it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 09:47   #22
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
That little? I figured it was closer to about 25k at the time.
Possibly without the profit sharing that could be a price, but I still think for that your estimate is over inflated
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 09:59   #23
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

He only wants to buy it so he might have a chance of winning some day ((
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:20   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh I am personally sceptical that selling to a player(s) would be good for the game. Unless they were able to offer a completly free game to the kind of numbers the game needs (which somehow i doubt anyone who bought it would wish to do as no-one likes throwing money down the drain) I simply fear that the majority of this community are too opposed change to take the game forward so rather than the games development being held back due to money it would be being held back by the owners mindset.

This community, the internet community ect have all changed and the game itself needs to also change to meet the needs of todays gamers while keeping that something that makes PA special. If it was to be sold what it needs is a company who understands the game, who is willing to invest money in it (for marketting, development, subsidising account costs, perhaps even wages for coders so they dont end up walking out half way through putting the project back,) I guess the real problem is however finding a company willing to do this, who meet the finacial demands to buy the game whom will stick to their promises (after all jolt did promoise so much for the game yet failed to really live up to it, just look at their poor attempt at marketting the game for example)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:46   #25
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Possibly without the profit sharing that could be a price, but I still think for that your estimate is over inflated
May I ask what your offer was at the time? If you'd rather not say, that's fine as well
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:51   #26
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
...just look at their poor attempt at marketting the game for example)

heh. insulting :/
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:05   #27
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I'm guessing you'd have to begin at roughly £50,000 to be considered a serious buyer.
loooool :\ Jolt would have to pay me for taking it...
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:06   #28
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
i'll give you £3.50 and this old spoon for it.
+1
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:19   #29
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

i would add my 1982 WM thumbnail picture collectoion book and an apple.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:40   #30
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
loooool :\ Jolt would have to pay me for taking it...
So what are you doing here then
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:08   #31
hinchles

hinchles is an unknown quantity at this point

I put in a bid to buy pa when it was first sold and they said no

i'd be interested again with the looks to buy simply the copyright to the name the domain name and the current round code base.

my intentions would be to turn it back into the free game it was in r3 with the development of the game being done in spare time.

go back to roots and make it free.

alas pa isnt worth the forum licence fee anymore so im not going to bother unless jolt get really desperate and sell it for what its really worth and not what they want to see
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:27   #32
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

imho a fully free game would actually be bad, it would be very hard to police for example.

Also by just taking the raw game u throw a lot of hard work people have done out of the window.

Jolt is not a bad company, and its reps to us on the whole do a good job.

Most people I have spoken to like this round other than a few minor things which will be corrected in the next round. The number of paid planets is also nicly increasing. With some good work on our point round 12 could be the start of some real recovery.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:38   #33
hinchles

kal since you started playing the round i left i'll pretty much ignore your comment about the hardwork

im sure when wakey wakes up he'll be able to comment better
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:45   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

and how do u know what round i started in? its not the first round in my sig.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:46   #35
hinchles

i was basing it on r6 and the fact i remember you

if however you have been around longer you'll be aware pa already currently stands me at about 5k for previous work done
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:02   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Who cares about policing situation the vast majority of players would kill for 100k planets even if half were multis, just bring back Mordrin or Idler as admins, that’ll get the old deletions going. Frankly kal policing can hardly be any worse than the pathetic job you guys do, with your latest **** up over BBW, or the Mistu merge, or the private galaxy situation.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:15   #37
hinchles

hicks when it was first sold i wanted to buy it to turn it back to what it was like r3 with as many of the old peeps as i could but i guess they didnt want to accept 10k for it
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:29   #38
mist
Jolt's best friend

soz kal.

the current codebase apparently requires a pretty much total rewrite to get rid of a widely known bug, making it next to worthless.

the team work for free etc, so you can't really say they're a buyable asset.

the domain is worth something, the name is probably worth something although jolt appear to be trying to change that. tbh, if a clone wants players and it's free, it's not that hard to get people interested. if the game's good i'd imagine just talking to a few hc would do the trick, and with there being more alliances out there than pa has getting more players than pa wouldn't be that tricky. pia can do it, and it's not like they've got the best game/team in the world...

what else does pa have that it can actually sell?
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:29   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Who cares about policing situation the vast majority of players would kill for 100k planets even if half were multis, just bring back Mordrin or Idler as admins, that’ll get the old deletions going.
And Irons. Now there was a man who deleted entire clusters in a single evening.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:35   #40
hinchles

irons made me laugh at the time
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:08   #41
I am Idler
This is bat country

basicly I have every intention to make planetarion free again.
To some extent. For example it would be possible to be inspired by the business plan of some other online games with success (ie hattrick).

The resources to get everything done lies within the community, you just need to listen to what they actually have to say.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:23   #42
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

Quote:
May I ask what your offer was at the time?
You can ask BBW.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:33   #43
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Afaik Jolt made the worse bid for the players back in those days. The other interested company offered a tiny amount less money for FS, but more for the playerbase. Afaik Jolt also, after seeing the other bid, said Planetarion would be free, then when they got it that it would be free as in "very, very low pricing" and well ... the end result everyone has seen.

Jolt has pretty much not cared about Planetarion so far, see the closed payment centers and other stuff I won't get into details about.

It's pretty sad to see such a game with a great name and good potential being handled this bad,but we cannot change it anymore, I guess.

I would say the pricing for PA would be around 15000 £, just because it suffered even more popularity loss and Jolt played in major amounts of what they once invested.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:34   #44
hinchles

idler exactly.

i already have a few servers sat around doing nothing particular (well one runs a 400 user TS server)

I already have a development team (4 coders and 4 gfx peons) now i know you have similar available if not more coders

pa is missing its hayday and needs to be given back to the community to run as a community project not a money grabbing project as it will never make any.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:55   #45
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
tbh I am personally sceptical that selling to a player(s) would be good for the game. Unless they were able to offer a completly free game to the kind of numbers the game needs (which somehow i doubt anyone who bought it would wish to do as no-one likes throwing money down the drain) I simply fear that the majority of this community are too opposed change to take the game forward so rather than the games development being held back due to money it would be being held back by the owners mindset.

This community, the internet community ect have all changed and the game itself needs to also change to meet the needs of todays gamers while keeping that something that makes PA special. If it was to be sold what it needs is a company who understands the game, who is willing to invest money in it (for marketting, development, subsidising account costs, perhaps even wages for coders so they dont end up walking out half way through putting the project back,) I guess the real problem is however finding a company willing to do this, who meet the finacial demands to buy the game whom will stick to their promises (after all jolt did promoise so much for the game yet failed to really live up to it, just look at their poor attempt at marketting the game for example)
You are more concerned that you'd be sacked and img tags would be restored.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:59   #46
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

Quote:
Jolt has pretty much not cared about Planetarion so far, see the closed payment centers and other stuff I won't get into details about.
Part of the reason why the majority of payment centres were closed was because a few of people running them never actually sent the money in that they received i.e. they kept it.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:45   #47
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well I hope Idler or hinchless buy the game, the only kind of people who can understand planetarion are pa players. My friends who play cs, rtcw etc quite hardcore, dont see what pa has to offer, im sure if it was free, people would play. Why, because you tell me who doesnt have internet. Virtually everyone in europe can access the net, same for america and aus. With the game being free again perhaps we can have 100k planets, and if they are multis, who gives a fk, the mhs would close them, as they wouldnt be threatened of a law suit. As well as that some proper coiding might occur, and the players might be listened to.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 16:12   #48
hinchles

we used to have 180k players with multi's
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 17:23   #49
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

As everyone is throwing in what they bidded I may as well

I was one of the "serious ones" according to Zeus, mainly because I gave him my Banks telephone number, my account number and permission to check availible funds.

Secondly because I bidded a realistic amount, £5.5k + Profitsharing for original investors.

Pricing of planetarion would be one off payment. Thats it, you pay money for an account and that account lasts you forever until you get banned for whatever reason.

And I would have got it, werent for you pesky little ...things

(P.S. I also had the server infrastructure ready to go too, and a dedicated 6 Mbit line ready to as well. I guess the investors didn't like my pricing plan)

Edit: And no I was not going to make any "drastic changes" to the development team unlike what shai gar was blabbering about at the time, it was a case of keeping everything the same unless I saw changes needed to be made, apart from ship stats etc I would get everybodies opinion on them
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 17:35   #50
Kal
Inactive peon

a free game will imo only mean more inactives, not actives, so might make the game worse for the active players.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???