User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:11   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Mornington Crescent

This thread is intended to be an ongoing game of Mornington Crescent. Obviously someone will have to start it off so I'll take that upon myself and begin with a traditional opening made popular by Mrs Trellis herself, the 'Kings Cross Gambit'.

Kings Cross.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:13   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Explain the rules and you shall have more participants.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:14   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
what exactly is this Mornington Crescent game everyone (u and jakiri) are talking about ?
A traditional game handed down by generations of Oxbridge professors to their students, occasionally a non-Oxbridge person learns how to play (hence my knowledge on the subject) but it does tend to get a little complex at times.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:14   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You DEVIOUS WIPPERSNIPE!

Only one thing for it

Caledonian Road
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:15   #5
Idi

Liverpool Street
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:16   #6
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Nottingham Road

(I don't get it)

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:16   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Nottingham Road

(I don't get it)
Aha! A common mistake!

MORNINGTON CRESCENT
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:17   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Again?
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:18   #9
Idi

i think
i get it
now
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:19   #10
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never been to London

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:20   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
you have to navigate the london underground to get to mornington crescent or something
That's like saying chess is about moving pieces of wood (or various). There's so much more to it.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:22   #12
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's like saying chess is about moving pieces of wood (or various). There's so much more to it.
or not
as the case now is
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:23   #13
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
You DEVIOUS WIPPERSNIPE!

Only one thing for it

Caledonian Road
Somehow I knew you'd decline that gambit after your post in the other thread

However, I have a sneaky suspicion you've forgotten Ashburton's Rule which allows me to play a ghost station if an outer zone station is played directly after KX.

British Museum

Let's see you get out of that!

[edit]
I see the amateurs have been trying. *sigh* [/edit]
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:23   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I know games like that.

I need to know so I can surprise my Oxbridge friends, they're bastards.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:25   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

However, I have a sneaky suspicion you've forgotten Ashburton's Rule which allows me to play a ghost station if an outer zone station is played directly after KX.

British Museum

[edit]
I know, it's worrying when that happens.

Methinks, however, that if I take the primary oblique to Kilburn Park, then what I suspect you have waiting for me can be avoided.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:25   #16
Idi

Quote:

British Museum

[edit]
Ah but you forget that the British Museum is closed this time of night, I choose Essex Road!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:26   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
Ah but you forget that the British Museum is closed this time of night, I choose Essex Road!
You can't do that, Gayle could shut down the diagonal/circle interchange by De Beers Law and you'd be right in it.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:28   #18
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
You can't do that, Gayle could shut down the diagonal/circle interchange by De Beers Law and you'd be right in it.
I think he's got the basics though. This could be an interesting match. Three handed is always more fun, I suggest he follows on from your last move and I take it the next one?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:29   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I think he's got the basics though. This could be an interesting match. Three handed is always more fun...
With or without the playoff?

And your move, m'lady.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:29   #20
Idi

Quote:
Back tracking to Tottenham Court Road would get me out of that sticky fix, and throw an preverbial spanner in the works for you I believe!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:30   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
Back tracking to Tottenham Court Road would get me out of that sticky fix, and throw an preverbial spanner in the works for you I believe!
SSShh, gayle hasn't gone yet.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:31   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
SSShh, gayle hasn't gone yet.
He's bloody right though! This could be interesting

Gimme a minute to plan this one carefully, I have an idea...
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:35   #23
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i know how to play this game

but i will wait until the current one is over
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:36   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i know how to play this game

but i will wait until the current one is over
You can comment if you like
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:36   #25
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Okay, this is a bit risky but I'm going to impose Curfew Conditions by playing Blackfriars. I assume you are all familiar with CCs?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:37   #26
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
You can comment if you like
Commentary and advice is all part of MC as you should well know
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:38   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Okay, this is a bit risky but I'm going to impose Curfew Conditions by playing Blackfriars. I assume you are all familiar with CCs?
I hoped you wouldn't do that, it makes my planned move of Acton Town look positively foolish;

but if that's the way you want to play, then I suppose I will have to get Idi into a pretty pickle and wizz off to Harrow-On-The-Hill (yes, it is allowed in CC if Ashburton's Rule has already been invoked)
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:40   #28
Gayle29uk
Bitch

You're up Idi
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:40   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Assuming he's still playing of course ([22:33] *** idi^ has quit IRC (Quit)); if not, then your plan appears to have backfired!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:42   #30
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

i would of palyed Fulham broadway

but thats just me
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:42   #31
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Assuming he's still playing of course ([22:33] *** idi^ has quit IRC (Quit)); if not, then your plan appears to have backfired!
A Dropoff after imposing Curfew? Noooooooooo Now I have to take Holborn or risk MC in 2 moves

Oh well, Holborn it is.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:43   #32
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
i would of palyed Fulham broadway

but thats just me
A good move if we weren't under Curfew, with Idi Dropping Off that leaves me stuck in the upper right central quadrant
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:45   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
A Dropoff after imposing Curfew? Noooooooooo Now I have to take Holborn or risk MC in 2 moves

Oh well, Holborn it is.
On the back foot!

Farringdon!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:47   #34
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Go for Notting Hill Gate, then she will be in for it
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:48   #35
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
On the back foot!

Farringdon!
Ok, with you at Farringdon and me at Holborn that makes the Beck coefficient .8 (I love my MC Excel worksheet ) which means I'm probably gonna get hammered but...

Keeping it simple (not that I have a choice right now) I take Russell Square which removes Curfew and allows me to escape this quadrant at least
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:48   #36
Idi

Quote:
On the back foot!

Farringdon!
You almost fooled me with that move, but you didnt notice that by quickly hot stepping to Goldhawk Road I could avoid an 'incident'!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:49   #37
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Go for Notting Hill Gate, then she will be in for it
I ended Curfew, that move isn't valid now thank God
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:50   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
You almost fooled me with that move, but you didnt notice that by quickly hot stepping to Goldhawk Road I could avoid an 'incident'!
You're either playing or not sonny jim...

And as for Gayle, Hammersmith and the Atkins Variations should provide you with an interesting decision.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:50   #39
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
A RE-ALIGHTING! YES! I get bonus LV for that!

[edit]Aha, dispute. Better await ajudication on this one. Starbucks, will you do the honours?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:56   #40
Idi

Quote:
A RE-ALIGHTING! YES! I get bonus LV for that!

[edit]Aha, dispute. Better await ajudication on this one. Starbucks, will you do the honours?
Sorry I was rebooting, but losing 3 points on my LCA won't matter as I'm already head of the game! A short trip to Shephards Bush will replenish those lost points, and give me a Golden Gopher card however!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:57   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

The extra Line Voltage is enough of a bonus for me

Unfortunately my computer can't calculate the Beck co-efficient fast enough with a three handed game so I'm gonna have to do it the old fashioned way and guesstimate
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:58   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
Sorry I was rebooting, but losing 3 points on my LCA won't matter as I'm already head of the game! A short trip to Shephards Bush will replenish those lost points, and give me a Golden Gopher card however!
You can only invoke the Gophers if you're playing Hidelburg rules you know....
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 23:59   #43
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Right, so moving on from Idi's last move...

As i have bonus LV I play Goldhawk Road.

Shunt!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:00   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Right, so moving on from Idi's last move...

As i have bonus LV I play Goldhawk Road.

Shunt!
Tooting Bec, consequences be damned!
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:00   #45
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i would love to know the rules for this game
it sounds really interesting
/me goes to google before gayle can suggest it

[edit]But then, not every game has a 125 volumne rulebook (first page i found had that on :/)[/edit]

Last edited by roadrunner_0; 8 Feb 2003 at 00:07.
roadrunner_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:00   #46
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Tooting Bec, consequences be damned!
Wonder if he's got the balls to do it...
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:02   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Wonder if he's got the balls to do it...
What, and grant you a free move to Kentish Town? Enough of your mind games woman
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:03   #48
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
What, and grant you a free move to Kentish Town? Enough of your mind games woman
If he doesn't he's a wuss!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:04   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If he doesn't he's a wuss!
He's stronger than that!

I hope he is, anyway.
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 00:06   #50
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
He's stronger than that!

I hope he is, anyway.
We'll find out soon

[Sotto voce]Idi's a wuss, Idi's a wuss[/sotto voce]
das blinkenlights!!!