User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:17   #151
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ROCK Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Its not suspecting someone of 'hacking'. Its a case of someone actually 'hacking'

And the evidence points towards someone in ROCK or someone helping rock
No offense, but you better post proof of this or your word on this boards will lose all meaning. Hacking/Cheating accusations are the worst and lowest form of accusations/slander if it appears you got no proof at all.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:18   #152
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Its not suspecting someone of 'hacking'. Its a case of someone actually 'hacking'

From what I can see, the evidence only points to someone who doesnt like F-Crew, and, looking around the forums, there are more than a few.

Im not saying that ROCK doesnt have its enemies, but we arent the ones accusing people based on flimsy evidence, if you can even call it that....

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:26   #153
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No offense, but you better post proof of this or your word on this boards will lose all meaning. Hacking/Cheating accusations are the worst and lowest form of accusations/slander if it appears you got no proof at all.
Also an arrestable offence
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:33   #154
Blackbirdess
Who me?

Blackbirdess will become famous soon enoughBlackbirdess will become famous soon enough

Ok, I suppose it's my turn to get involved here. Firstly I would like to thank everybody here for their support. In my opinion anyone who would stoop so low as to attack someone's server just because their at war (especially as we seem to be doing better and have no need to do any more than in game attacks) is not deserving of a place in this game.

Oh look, there's the crucial word, game. As you all know ROCK has never been an alliance to forget that this is a game, we play for fun, taking on smaller and top players who play for the friendly community and a love of the game. As HC I am extreamly proud to declare myself ROCK and I do not take kindly to someone slandering (thanks Smudge) the alliance because they do not like being beaten by us.

Since this war was declared F-Crew have been getting more and more annoyed with the fact that ROCK seems to have more support than them. We are liked and respected in the PA community for not resorting to underhand tactics or causing offence to people. There are a lot of people out there that I am huge personal friends with, in fact, there is really only 2 or 3 people in the entire community that i do not like.

As of this I am deeply hurt that Wakey has accused us of attacking their tools, indeed we have motive, but no need or physical possibility of actually doing it. Motive never stands alone in court and if this is his only proof then we all know that he is talking rubbish and trying to turn people against ROCK.

As someone has mentioned, this has backfired, we have come across more support than ever before as everyone has been shocked by Wakey's crass accusations against us. I will say no more on the matter other than to deny categorically that i would ever have supported such awful acts as to sabotage servers I don't know about.

I will be reading this thread but this will be my last post, if anyone wants to talk (civilly) then you know where to find me on MIRC.

ROCKer and IA HC

ROCK: Revenge Of the Chocolate Knickers
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:37   #155
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
again your proof needs to be fully shown....everything you have stated so far is highly circumstantial and is highly slanderous
So please explain to me WHY anyone else would go to the trouble if its not someone with some kind of link to ROCK. From what I can see apart from the ROCK incoming at that time we didnt receive a great deal of incoming when the attack happened so the people the attack would seem to be trying to help was ROCK.

And fine i may not be at my most resonable here and im extreamly angry at the idiot behind this but that should be fairly understandable and im sure youd be in the same boat if it happened to you. I'll concede that maybe the HC didnt know or authorise it but it hard to believe it was down to anything but this war.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:37   #156
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
i personnally think its already gone
saying it once in the heat of the moment is one thing but to continually keep accusing us has probably reduced his credibility on these forums to zero

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:40   #157
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
So please explain to me WHY anyone else would go to the trouble if its not someone with some kind of link to ROCK. From what I can see apart from the ROCK incoming at that time we didnt receive a great deal of incoming when the attack happened so the people the attack would seem to be trying to help was ROCK.

And fine i may not be at my most resonable here and im extreamly angry at the idiot behind this but that should be fairly understandable and im sure youd be in the same boat if it happened to you. I'll concede that maybe the HC didnt know or authorise it but it hard to believe it was down to anything but this war.
we have been attacking you since last friday was your tools attacked everynight since then

there's an old saying you may have heard of
"when your in a hole stop digging"

-Rommel
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:42   #158
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:

as a computer idiot i cant even begin to understand ppls reasoning for doing things like that, so i wont suppose any theories....yes it looks like rock had motive, but that is not enough for you to all out accuse them of performing an illegal act...
take a step back reassess everything you have looked at and said....else all you are going to do is keeping saying rash comments in the heat of the moment and do yourself and fcrew no favours in the longrun

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:44   #159
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Wakey, I dont know if anyone have explained you this but there is something called legal process and something else called innocent until otherwise proven.

I dont know if this matters to you at all, I can only speculate that you dont really care for theese important legal pillars and feels free to accuse everyone, and making it the truth since you claim it to be so.

I really hope you read through this one more time, and give them the benefit of the doubt (also an important rule of conduct), go back to your den, and search your cavepaintings for proof that ROCK is behind this claimed "attack" on your servers.
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:50   #160
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The logs of the attack happening dont prove anything but that I was being bombarded with packet after packet from around 50-60 differnent ips. They all started hitting me at once and all stopped at the same time.

I could post them but pasting pages of peoples personal information but I doubt anyone really wants to read that. Not to mention if it is the ddos attack it looks like then its not even useful as these ip's belong to people whom dont even know its happening.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:54   #161
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
I could post them but pasting pages of peoples personal information but I doubt anyone really wants to read that. Not to mention if it is the ddos attack it looks like then its not even useful as these ip's belong to people whom dont even know its happening.
which again discredits accusing rock full out...as it doesnt prove they had any connection to it

pls m8 let it lie before things get anymore out of hand

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:55   #162
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

show us your proof it was a rock affiliated player

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 10 May 2006, 13:57   #163
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
which again discredits accusing rock full out...as it doesnt prove they had any connection to it

pls m8 let it lie before things get anymore out of hand
Again though I have to state "Who Else had anything to gain". If they hadnt commited a criminal act a message around your alliance would probally find you the culprit. As it is unless they are dumb they wont admit it
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:02   #164
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

at this point in time i'd like to point out i am not in rock atm, i will be rejoining as i am appalled by the accusations they have had thrown at them today.

all else i can say is does anyone need to gain anything by doing to you what they did. could it possibly be a case of terrible coincidence of timing? like i said b4 i'm no computer knowall, but from things ive read about hacking is like a form of fun for some ppl...so it could have been anyone

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:02   #165
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Again though I have to state "Who Else had anything to gain". If they hadnt commited a criminal act a message around your alliance would probally find you the culprit. As it is unless they are dumb they wont admit it
go get drunk or something ffs but give it a rest

-Rommel
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:07   #166
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
at this point in time i'd like to point out i am not in rock atm, i will be rejoining as i am appalled by the accusations they have had thrown at them today.

all else i can say is does anyone need to gain anything by doing to you what they did. could it possibly be a case of terrible coincidence of timing? like i said b4 i'm no computer knowall, but from things ive read about hacking is like a form of fun for some ppl...so it could have been anyone
This kind of attack on differnt servers and on differnt ips at the exact same time wasnt just coincidence, someone intended it for sure and choose their target. As I said before I will believe the HC in that they didnt know about it but I dont believe that ROCK as a whole is innocent and theres probally some member in the ranks right now snigering about how 'l33t' they are at doing this.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:10   #167
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

you've misread what i said .... i've not disputed that it had to be a group, just stating that the rock planetary attacks timing is coincidental with the attack on you. as such there is a strong possibility that it could be other people

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:31   #168
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
STOP. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:40   #169
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
...and you certainly WOULDNT be openly attacking F-Crew's tools to try and cripple us.
What precisely did they do to your tools?
What evidence ( logs etc ) do you have and are you willing to show them for public inspection?
There are a lot of highly capable people in this community who should be able to investigate and perhaps corroborate these accusations.
Either way, it does look suspect as attacking your tools does directly benefit rock, regardless of if they were responsible for it or not. ( and im yet to be convinced they were directing it )
It would be reasonable imo to assume its been done by someone who either has something against f-crew or wants rock to succeed.
Its unlikely to be a random event
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:47   #170
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Who in his right mind will do ddos attacks on your server ?
And pointing a finger ar ROCK is so low I cant even believe you would post that.
Its been a 'tactic' used in the past in alliance wars, its always ended up distastefully for both sides with accusations like these flying around on the forums
pointing the finger at rock is probably because they were the ones who stood to benefit most from it, and because the timing of it was very conveniant for a planned attack.
If they did it is yet to be proven, with a d-dos its nearly impossible to tie it to one person tbh.
If i were an f-crew techie, i would be keeping a close eye on the logs, analysing them - finding out just how widespread it is, and getting the intel department into overdrive to listen out to people bragging

oh, and strictly speaking its not 'hacking' , its 'just' a denial of service attack - akin to a floodnet on irc
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:51   #171
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Wakey, get it into your (somewhat thick) skull that web servers get attacked. It happening at the same time as being attacked in a game? Thats just unlucky.

I request this thread be closed as Wakey is just making a fool of himself and is going around in circles and has already posted at least twice which could get him into trouble legally.

This thread has gone from something light-hearted to a point counter-point thread. Its sunny outside, go get some rays!
Unread 10 May 2006, 14:54   #172
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Its been a 'tactic' used in the past in alliance wars, its always ended up distastefully for both sides with accusations like these flying around on the forums
pointing the finger at rock is probably because they were the ones who stood to benefit most from it, and because the timing of it was very conveniant for a planned attack.
If they did it is yet to be proven, with a d-dos its nearly impossible to tie it to one person tbh.
If i were an f-crew techie, i would be keeping a close eye on the logs, analysing them - finding out just how widespread it is, and getting the intel department into overdrive to listen out to people bragging

oh, and strictly speaking its not 'hacking' , its 'just' a denial of service attack - akin to a floodnet on irc
Yes it's been a "so called' tactic in the past (never proven as far as i know)
As you seen in previous posts the ROCK guys offered to help search the loggs for known IPs to show they feel its not them doing this.
And as i told Wakey too in PM.
Tools to do this are so easy to get.
And for the flooding on irc servers 9 out of 10 times its done by ppl not even knowing what PA is.

I just say don't jump to conclusions so fast cos it harms Wakey and F-crew more atm then it should.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 10 May 2006, 15:01   #173
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Yes it's been a "so called' tactic in the past (never proven as far as i know)
As you seen in previous posts the ROCK guys offered to help search the loggs for known IPs to show they feel its not them doing this.
And as i told Wakey too in PM.
Tools to do this are so easy to get.
And for the flooding on irc servers 9 out of 10 times its done by ppl not even knowing what PA is.

I just say don't jump to conclusions so fast cos it harms Wakey and F-crew more atm then it should.
I agree, Its never been proven as far as i can recall in past cases either.
Still, the timing is more then just mere coincidence for me, imo. Its hard not to come to the conclusion wakey did in such circumstances.

Although a good gesture from rock, searching the logs for known ips is unlikely to yield any results unfortunately unless the person doing it was remarkably stupid. in D-Dos attacks, the attacking machines are zombie'd ( remote controlled ) , and none of the ips would point back to the controlling person since they themselves wouldnt be directly participating in it.
the best thing is to listen out for people gloating about it, or repeating it again at conveniant times, to establish a pattern which can then be used to backtrack to likely suspects

i agree flooding on irc servers are usually done by script kiddies, playing around for laughs but this was a specific target at a specific time. the odds on it being a random coincidence are remote
Unread 10 May 2006, 15:11   #174
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Hacking is often done by a single individual. Even if this individual is ROCK, you still cannot point a finger to ROCK because they're not responsible for the behavior of their members, outside PA and IRC.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 10 May 2006, 17:14   #175
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

its a funny twist on the tread atm i mean who needs to hack f-crew stuff to roid them?

on a sidenote, if some turd actually did do it... here is a slap form me
Unread 10 May 2006, 17:17   #176
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Hacking is often done by a single individual. Even if this individual is ROCK, you still cannot point a finger to ROCK because they're not responsible for the behavior of their members, outside PA and IRC.
I have apologised for going over the top and implying the HC knew about it but them showing more concern over what looks like the actions of a member of theirs would be nice. As it is all I'm getting is "its no way its us, supply us with the ip's and we will prove it" which anyone with the slighest knowledge knows wont disprove it even if the IP's dont match

They wanted a fair war and it would just be nice to see some attempt to drum it into members that its not on rather than all theys denials due to lack of hard evidence which gives the impretion that its fine for them to do it as long as theres no way it can then be proved. If the boot was on the other foot your finger would be firmly pointing at us as circumstial evidence paints a wide target on your alliance. If i didnt feel ROCK were burying their heads in the sand so much and werent just dismissing it as "its not one of our members" id probally have calmed down much quicker but as it is im currently feel annoyed that someone did this and then the group where the culprit would most likly reside are brushing it under the carpet
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 10 May 2006, 17:31   #177
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

This therad was good and interesting a few pages back
I had respect in Rock for declaring a war open on the forums
and I had some sort of respect for F-Crew and wakey
I tried to follow the therad as I found it interesting. then I didnt check for one day. and this happend.
it made this therad a therad that isnt even interesting for me to follow.
wakey is repeting himself most of the time; and others just show him that he has to accept it happend.
It would have looked ways better; wakey, if you just had posted something lilke "Tonight our tools were hacked." Then everyone would have been sorry for you.
But coming arround with unproven accusations is just sad. It could have been anyone! Last night some members of DarkWarriors couldnt launch their fleets because an ISP went down - at a time between claiming and launching.
I belive these times are all more or less the same for every alliance - might this not have happend to your tools, too?
And if it wasnt - post a link to the log of the server.
you have lost so much credibility with this one posting that you will loose all if you dont show us at least the log!
(Ppl might get the idea it doesnt exist - you ignored some ppl who asked you to give a link already and said its not worth looking at it. This might be correct for a computer-noob (no intention to offend you - I mean myself also with that) but an expert might get some details from it. and I belive we have these experts here in the forums!)

And to Rock: when he posts it, check for any known IPs please
I havent heard much of you, but I certainly would have heard if you would have done anything like cheating eariler.

Last edited by frostbeule; 10 May 2006 at 17:55.
Unread 10 May 2006, 17:43   #178
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

If wakey continues to whine like this i'm gonna hack him and disconnect his internet ^^
(note: i don't know how to hack before ppl start accusing me)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 10 May 2006, 17:57   #179
Hellish
ROCKing around the world

Hellish is an unknown quantity at this point

oke this is for F-Crew as they didnt understand that we were not denying it could have been one of us, so to keep some fun in it all:

It -could- have been one of (y)our members.

sorry about your tools btw...
Unread 10 May 2006, 18:52   #180
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish
oke this is for F-Crew as they didnt understand that we were not denying it could have been one of us, so to keep some fun in it all:

It -could- have been one of (y)our members.

sorry about your tools btw...
i fail to understand this

also failing to understand the "fun" in it all
Unread 10 May 2006, 18:57   #181
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

And to add up, it -could- just aswell be another alliance, trying to make things flame up. However, i don't think anyone was expecting this forum to flame up THIS much.

However, i don't even want to think about blaming someone until wakey manages to get some more evidence.

I find this whole situation sad, and if we would have known this before we declared war on F-Crew, i'm certain this war would never have been initiated.
Unread 10 May 2006, 19:06   #182
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbeule
This therad was good and interesting a few pages back
I had respect in Rock for declaring a war open on the forums
and I had some sort of respect for F-Crew and wakey
I tried to follow the therad as I found it interesting. then I didnt check for one day. and this happend.
it made this therad a therad that isnt even interesting for me to follow.
wakey is repeting himself most of the time; and others just show him that he has to accept it happend.
It would have looked ways better; wakey, if you just had posted something lilke "Tonight our tools were hacked." Then everyone would have been sorry for you.
But coming arround with unproven accusations is just sad. It could have been anyone! Last night some members of DarkWarriors couldnt launch their fleets because an ISP went down - at a time between claiming and launching.
I belive these times are all more or less the same for every alliance - might this not have happend to your tools, too?
And if it wasnt - post a link to the log of the server.
you have lost so much credibility with this one posting that you will loose all if you dont show us at least the log!
(Ppl might get the idea it doesnt exist - you ignored some ppl who asked you to give a link already and said its not worth looking at it. This might be correct for a computer-noob (no intention to offend you - I mean myself also with that) but an expert might get some details from it. and I belive we have these experts here in the forums!)

And to Rock: when he posts it, check for any known IPs please
I havent heard much of you, but I certainly would have heard if you would have done anything like cheating eariler.
I'm not a computer noob as you put it, I have a degree in computer science and know what im looking at.

Now unless your going to start claiming that the attack didnt even happen all the logs show is the IP's of the machines that attacked. Now in a direct attack this us useful but in a DDoS attack the attacker himself doesnt attack, instead he uses a botnet of zombied pc's to carry out the attack. These people will rarely know that their pc is doing this and these botnets can contain hundreds of pc's. With a simple command the attacker can order these zombied pc's to start flooding an ip at the same time.

This means that any ip's in the log are useless as proof as these peoples whos machines are doing it dont know they are doing it, in fact your find most of them are the computer noobs you mentioned whom do nothing but surf a few sites and download email and dont know about virus checkers, firewalls, spyware removers and such like.

In this case I have told ROCK I will supply them with the attackers Ip's, although Im apprehensive simply because alot of the posts here show that people dont understand and arent willing to listen and they will probally come here and post "see its not us, the ips arent of our members"
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 10 May 2006 at 19:09. Reason: Too many Now's
Unread 10 May 2006, 19:16   #183
Smudge
For Crowly <3

ooooo look Wakey theres a dead horse

Why not go flog it some more?
Unread 10 May 2006, 19:26   #184
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I still don't believe it was not a mere provider / server / connection / hardware / etc. problem before I see some real proof or anyone from ROCK confirms there is proof, and not just a log or list of some random IPs accessing the server.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
Unread 10 May 2006, 19:40   #185
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

jesus christ wakey.. either show some proof or put up and shut up

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 10 May 2006, 20:26   #186
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

I think the problem with this is the fact you keep claiming 'there is evidence to point it to rock' But you keep avoiding the simple question of 'what evidence?' All you have said so far is:

1) They had motive as its a war
2) It was around the time they were attacking us.

Im afraid having a motive is not evidence. That can also be turned around. As people have said your using this as propoganda to try and use against Rock, but its backfired. And as far as the doss attack at the same time as there fleets were attacking goes, that could be a coincidence? It can happen. But you speak of honour, and you speak of you wished Rock had honour. But please learn what that word means, before coming on here pointing your finger like you have bin today (Slander) without any actual evidence other then those 2 comments above.

So the question comes again, either provide EVIDENCE (and this means show how you can prove it was Rock involved as you seem to strongly beleive it is with this apparent 'evidence' which we have still yet to have seen) or i sujest you appologise for your actions on these boards.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 10 May 2006, 20:35   #187
Fal
F-Crew BC

Fal is an unknown quantity at this point

********Update***************
After a serious disruption in F-Crew communications, the perpetrator has yet to be caught. This incident sparked a galactic uproar, and F-Crews recent successful operation on Rocks Headlines is left in the shadows. F-Crew have received reports that this was a deliberate act, and this man has claimed responsibility:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/cr...n/199891.2.jpg

Expert F-Crew intelligence experts think that this man could be in some way linked to ROCK, no more information at this time

Elsewhere, both alliances are clamping down on their members, and anyone even caught talking to the other side is summarily executed under the new Counter-Terrorism Act 2325. Speculations suggest that the war will reach new heights over the coming days as both sides attempt to gain leverage over the other
This is Fal for F-Crew News Reporting, out.

N.B. Due to the nature of how badly things get taken out of context in this thread, this is purely, completely, and totally speculation on MY part. It seems a shame to have state this, but anything said in the above report may or may not be true, so please don't use it as ammo.

Patience is a Virtue.... Procrastination is a Sin
Unread 10 May 2006, 20:38   #188
Samandmel

Samandmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
After a serious disruption in F-Crew communications, the perpetrator has yet to be caught. This incident sparked a galactic uproar, and F-Crews recent successful operation on Rocks Headlines is left in the shadows. F-Crew have received reports that this was a deliberate act, and this man has claimed responsibility:

Expert F-Crew intelligence experts think that this man could be in some way linked to ROCK, no more information at this time

Elsewhere, both alliances are clamping down on their members, and anyone even caught talking to the other side is summarily executed under the new Counter-Terrorism Act 2325. Speculations suggest that the war will reach new heights over the coming days as both sides attempt to gain leverage over the other

N.B. Due to the nature of how badly things get taken out of context in this thread, this is purely, completely, and totally speculation on MY part. It seems a shame to have state this, but anything said in the above report may or may not be true, so please don't use it as ammo.

A good way to end it too ...... would be nice
Unread 10 May 2006, 21:00   #189
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
again your proof needs to be fully shown....everything you have stated so far is highly circumstantial and is highly slanderous
Don't allege slander over an internet forum. It's stupid as well as ****ing pointless - what are you going to do, sue him?
Unread 10 May 2006, 21:12   #190
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal

nice one!
but I'm a bit worried. I talked to my F-Crew galmate, will we both be executed now ?
Unread 10 May 2006, 21:19   #191
Fal
F-Crew BC

Fal is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep it under wraps, don't tell anyone ;-) I was thinking of starting a movement against these tyranical oppressors, call it the revolution or the rebellion... rebel alliance... yeah that sounds good :P. I think F-Crew might be storing an admin in the basement and they are going to use him to start deleting ROCK planets... its only a matter of time before he cracks don't know where he's being hidden though... also I have recieved info that ROCK really are storing WMD's - Wreally Minging Drag-queens - and are going to attempt to replace wakey with one of them

Patience is a Virtue.... Procrastination is a Sin
Unread 10 May 2006, 23:24   #192
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm not a computer noob as you put it, I have a degree in computer science and know what im looking at.
Having a degree is not the same as not being a n00b. It's like the sex therapist who can tell his or her client EVERYTHING about sex and relations, and STILL be a virgin.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 10 May 2006, 23:57   #193
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I sit and concentrate, and try hard not to hate my enemies
I try to picture them dressed up as furry little bunnies
But when I look into their glass eyes
I can see they're cold and hard and pink

I think of dictators who were known to have been especial brutes
And I try to picture them gathered together in their bathing suits
But when I look down at their bodies
I can see they're warm and soft and pink

I try to meditate, control my hate just like I know I should
But I can't help myself, and I keep it up because it feels so good
But when I look down at my belly
I can see it's pink and soft and weak
Unread 11 May 2006, 00:05   #194
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Don't allege slander over an internet forum. It's stupid as well as ****ing pointless - what are you going to do, sue him?
furball if you actually bothered to read the entire thread you'd notice that not just myself has stated that what wakey has done is a form of slander and as such is inappropriate behaviour on here. so please dont just single me out for your verbal abuse.

now as everyone has said if wakey shows us the proof we will accept his reasoning if it adds up, until then he is accusing rock of allowing illegal activity to take place, which if incorrect IS slander and therefore feasibly leaves him open to legal action....which knowing the ppl in charge, would only be a last case scenario as the game is meant to be fun for all not a bloody courtroom drama.

and tbh this is old news now, whats done is done why keep flaring the whole damn thing up again...after all the time this has been going off, for you to post your first comment on it so late in the day would probably have conspiracy nuts going into overdrive as it makes you look like you want the attention to be on rock...

oh look another silly comment which can be quoted....lets see if we can progress from the wakey or rock bashing and get on with the game now

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 11 May 2006, 00:12   #195
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Post Re: ROCK Announcement

Quote:
Drop the ****ing act. This isnt about having fun, if it was about fun you wouldnt be ruining moral in your own galaxies by ordering ROCK members to screw their galaxy over by not defending attacks on the F-Crew members in there (we havent gone near a ROCK player in an f-crew galaxy so as to not have to ask members to ruin the moral and trust they have built in these galaxies) and you certainly WOULDNT be openly attacking F-Crew's tools to try and cripple us. You have overstepped the line between it being something done for fun and something done seriously.

PS. That graphs misleading, we have lost a 1.1mill guy from our ranks and you have recruited new people
Anyone does that in my gal = Chop chop... Reminds me of the carry on I had in r14 when I had a few ND in my gal and I was in Reunion (via Subh)
When the respective HCs ordered us not to def each other ingal. I couldnt be arsed with another round of it.

Edit - Contractde wakeyitus
Unread 11 May 2006, 00:16   #196
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
furball if you actually bothered to read the entire thread you'd notice that not just myself has stated that what wakey has done is a form of slander and as such is inappropriate behaviour on here. so please dont just single me out for your verbal abuse.

now as everyone has said if wakey shows us the proof we will accept his reasoning if it adds up, until then he is accusing rock of allowing illegal activity to take place, which if incorrect IS slander and therefore feasibly leaves him open to legal action....which knowing the ppl in charge, would only be a last case scenario as the game is meant to be fun for all not a bloody courtroom drama.
Are you a lawyer? Do you have any actual knowledge of the law, or are you just making it up as you go along?

This forum is hosted in the UK and is subject to English law. I can find no offence to cover ddos attacks - the Computer Misuse Act only covers hacking. Any potential civil law actions are irrelevant.

So his comments need to have caused "hatred, ridicule or contempt" of ROCK, given that he has not named any individual person as being responsible.

His defence would be that of 'fair comment'. This constitutes a genuinely held opinion, which from Wakey's posts I think it is.

There's really no case here. Please stop alleging criminal offences on an internet forum about a text-based space warfare game. Thank you. (Note: most information taken from here, on top of my own studies).
Unread 11 May 2006, 01:41   #197
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Furball is probably correct in the sense that I doubt there'll be a civil/judicial court case coming anytime soon...

But on the flipside, the ROCK guys do have every right to call bullsh*t on wakey... Although evidence will be difficult to come up with, the fact that he still threw those accusations out without the proper backing does not bode well for him. His reputation may take a bit of a kick to the pants as maybe it should for pulling out the dreaded "omg you're cheating" on the forums.

That being said though, he does have every right to be angry, and on one side of things, I can see where he pulls his case from. If my information is correct, and the attack started the moment ROCK started whacking f-crew... That means that either:

1. A very random encounter involving whacking f-crew's server just for the hell of it {let's face it. This is unlikely}

OR

2. Someone on the inside let loose the information involving launch time for "whatever purpose" ...

#2 is more likely. Is it guaranteed though? No. Is it ROCK's fault? Possibly not. How hard is it for any spy to sit in an alliance channel and notice a launch time.

The timing of the hit is strangely convenient, and that's what I think wakey was getting pissed off at. IMO, he has jumped the gun quite a bit and thrown out some things that really should not have been said when they were.

My random thoughts on this would be: wakey should give the IP addresses to a ROCK HC person, and that HC should go through all the rock members and see if there's a match. If there is, well, anything goes tbh. If not, then I do think wakey owes rock a decent apology for the accusations.

This is ofc in good faith that:

1. the ROCK HC does not spot the offending IP in his member list, and just try and hide it.
2. wakey does not research one random rock member/officer/HC and add the IP into said list.

I truly don't believe either side would do such a thing, so, I'm hoping that both sides would have the decency to agree to something along these lines anyways.

I may have missed the boat on something here... and if I have, whoopsy If not... well, that's my 2 cents {.8p, 1.8c Amer. dollar, etc}
Unread 11 May 2006, 03:22   #198
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, stfu wakey...
ever heard of innocent till proven guilty?

i have no idea what ddos is, no idea how to hack anything..and most rockers are like me. I know a majority of members in rock, and the ones that are actually participating in the war, and non of them care enuff to even think about doing this. (and most won't even know how)

So simple for you wakey, find some evidence, and if it was a rock member doing, im sure they'll be kicked and banned from the alliance for life. Otherwise, refer to sentence one.
Unread 11 May 2006, 09:42   #199
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboi
lol, stfu wakey...
ever heard of innocent till proven guilty?

i have no idea what ddos is, no idea how to hack anything..and most rockers are like me. I know a majority of members in rock, and the ones that are actually participating in the war, and non of them care enuff to even think about doing this. (and most won't even know how)

So simple for you wakey, find some evidence, and if it was a rock member doing, im sure they'll be kicked and banned from the alliance for life. Otherwise, refer to sentence one.
i submit to you the forum, this child is the evil dos kid on the f-crew tools.

Case closed.
Unread 11 May 2006, 09:54   #200
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
This forum is hosted in the UK and is subject to English law. I can find no offence to cover ddos attacks - the Computer Misuse Act only covers hacking. Any potential civil law actions are irrelevant.
it comes under one of the Terrorism acts

edit: Terrorism Act 2000
Closed Thread