User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Sep 2004, 14:57   #1
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Weird Request

My gf is studying to be a nursey as such I have been asked to get some information.

I have quite a bit from surfing this afternoon, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a definitive UK history of nursing refering to people like Ethel Bedford Fenwick and Florence Nightingale.

I have detailed american histories and quite a few on those two, but what I lack is an article which takes their basic achievements and tells of clinical developments since these pioneers.

If you, your gf's or family members know please reply I am kinda stuck on this last part
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:01   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: Weird Request

http://www.qmuc.ac.uk/hn/history/ ?

http://www.thoemmes.com/social/nursing_intro.htm and http://www.library.vcu.edu/tml/bibs/nsghis.html might also be useful

-mist
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:04   #3
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Thanks but its not the early stuff I am missing now its the development of nursing from around 1940 to present. Already been to the sites listed and couldn't find anything on what I need for her :/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:06   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i wish my girlfriend dressed up as a nurse
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:06   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

is there anything more specific you're needing to know, and what kinda timeframe are we talking? if there's anything specific enough i can probably just ask, but the person in question wouldn't know the internet from something particularly not internet like :/

-mist
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:11   #6
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
is there anything more specific you're needing to know, and what kinda timeframe are we talking? if there's anything specific enough i can probably just ask, but the person in question wouldn't know the internet from something particularly not internet like :/

-mist
1940 - present is teh timeframe

Her project is on the development of nursing from early pioneers such as Florence nightingale to the wman who set up the first registered nurses association in the uk which aided training (ethel Bedford Fenwick) with Nursing developments through to present day.

Ethel bedford fenwick died in around 1940 so think around there to present should suffice detailinga dvancs in nursing.
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 28 Sep 2004 at 15:18.
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:11   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Forget all that. Just buy her one of those Nurses outfits from a sex shop and she'll breeze through any evaluations.
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 15:17   #8
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Forget all that. Just buy her one of those Nurses outfits from a sex shop and she'll breeze through any evaluations.
She already got one, but I think she will sail through her assessments if she does a good project
Proud to be Independent
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 01:43   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the main thing Florence did was to improve sanitation/cleanliness (she worked during the Boer war and noticed that a ridiclously high % of the casualties/fatalities were due to infections caught after arriving in hospital or something).

As such you might want to look into how cleanliness practise has improved in the recent years.

Im sure i read in one of my (old) NewScientists that some (Swiss?) guy (Doctor/Nurse?) noticed that the Doctors were going straight from operating to delivering babies and the infant mortality rate was really high (higher than home births?) and so he (she?) made the Doctors wash their hands before delivering a baby and everything was totally sweet after that.

Is this of any use?
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 02:40   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

If she can put DACE on her bibliography at the end of her report for her source of facts to be validated then yes.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote