User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2006, 02:05   #1
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
Defence XP- An idea on how to do it.

I think awarding XP for defence might be a good idea, and I recently thought of a way to compute it.

I suggest making it based on the value of all attacker ships killed. (note: not stolen. Zik are already getting the value from the stolen ships...)

Divide that value number by a set factor, say 100 or 200. That yields the total amount of XP available to defenders, split amongst all defending fleets based on their fleetvalue. (much like salvage)
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 08:54   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Defence XP- An idea on how to do it.

In my opinion the reward should be a small amount of XP per tick a fleet is headed on a defense mission, followed by a slightly larger amount when you land the mission. Somewhere between 5 and 20 XP per tick it's headed to the target, plus perhaps 50-100 for landing the defense (and joining combat obviously). Perhaps limited to ticks that the planet has incoming, though one could use this find out whether incoming has recalled (perhaps the reward could be totalled and added once the fleet starts returning?).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 09:20   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...06&postcount=4

I remember talking with you before about this :P
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 09:24   #4
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
In my opinion the reward should be a small amount of XP per tick a fleet is headed on a defense mission, followed by a slightly larger amount when you land the mission. Somewhere between 5 and 20 XP per tick it's headed to the target, plus perhaps 50-100 for landing the defense (and joining combat obviously). Perhaps limited to ticks that the planet has incoming, though one could use this find out whether incoming has recalled (perhaps the reward could be totalled and added once the fleet starts returning?).
Agreed. The amount caths would get would also hurt them :\

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 13:44   #5
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

What if the attacker recalls - the defence fleets should still get "points" for sending their fleets and being prepared for a fight.

A successful defence can be measured in several different ways, which is why a simple formula isn't going to work.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 19:08   #6
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

xp is crap all the way...

a planet that has been totally beaten up shouldnt head the table ffs.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote