User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 14:41   #1
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bye Bye Beckham

Looks like the bidding wars have began... who dya reckon he will go to?

Barcelona - had their 22mil bid accepted, with Kluivert they have the type of player that will utilise Beckham's crossing ability and Barcelona is a stylish city that will suit the Beckhams. However David is an ambitious fella and Barcelona are no longer a great footballing side, he is being used as a political pawn and the actual club might not even be interested in him.

Real Madrid - The dream team would have another world class star to their collection and there's always that potential to win trophies with this side. Luis figo is getting on a bit and needs replacing or there's always the coveted central midfield role that he craves. Would he move to be a potential bench warmer though... and would his style of play really fit into their team?

Milan - Inter and AC are both handy sides, AC would probably be the better choice and a team with Rivaldo, Shevchenko and Beckham is pretty tasty. Milan is the fashion capital which im sure the wife would be happy about.

Juventus - The only other team Beckham would consider, similar to Milan but without the city lifestyle.

The bottom line is that Beckham will be a tad bit pissd off and he will want to get utd back, the only way to do this is to join a club with the potential to win the Champions league. Also, he won't want to suffer from the usual syndrome suffered by utd players axed by Sir Alex such as: Jaap Stam, Dwight Yorke, Bosnich, Ince.

Where do you think he will go and why?
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 14:46   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
he will go to a spanish club that pays alot, because he wants money and his wife is as common as muck and ugly as sin, and people like that go to spain.

mutton dressed as lamb.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 14:48   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you know, i still dont think hes going to go. Or rather i do, but i'll believe it when i see it sort of thing.

My initial hunch is that he'll still be a Man Utd player next season. I know in a few days people will be quoting this when im proved wrong, but still.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:01   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Since when did Rivaldo PLAY for AC Milan?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:02   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
A bit difficult this one.

The two most likely are either Barcelona or Madrid.
Barcelona aren't good enough for him
Madrid is too good for him, they already have good enough players.

I can't see him staying at Man U though since they clearly don't want him anymore.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:08   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's a nice discussion in the times about how it would be best for beckham to stay at Man U till the end of his contract, even if there are bids accepted.

They're not going to pay £90,000 pw to a player who only plays for the reserves, so he's going to get first team action, which will be sufficient to retain his place in the England line up, and will leave him fresher for Euro 2k4, assuming we qualify, which is where he can really showcase himself.

Plus he's a stubborn bastard
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 15:18   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
if i were the man utd board or manager id get rid of him pretty sharpish its all about value for money, beckham isnt worth the money being talked about but if you can sell him for that much why not??? and isnt RVN the most crucial player in man utd today?? (keane isnt what he was) didnt berlosconi (sp?) say that AC milan werent interested?? i still think Madrid will nab him tho.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 16:11   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

People don't remember how many of RvN's goals are provided by one David Beckham.

I recall against (tottenham I think it was), Beckham it an unbelieveably 60 yard ball which landed square at RvN's feet for a tap in, and all the commentators and pundits praised RvN for his finishing, and noone gave any credit to Beckham for the pass.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 16:16   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
People don't remember how many of RvN's goals are provided by one David Beckham.

I recall against (tottenham I think it was), Beckham it an unbelieveably 60 yard ball which landed square at RvN's feet for a tap in, and all the commentators and pundits praised RvN for his finishing, and noone gave any credit to Beckham for the pass.
you only recall that becauase i used it 4 times in my RvN is overrated argument

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 16:26   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
pld Deffeh

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 16:39   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Bye Bye Beckham

Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5
Also, he won't want to suffer from the usual syndrome suffered by utd players axed by Sir Alex such as: Jaap Stam, Dwight Yorke, Bosnich, Ince.
Yorke (and Cole/Berg) moved on to a very successful club i will have you know.

iirc Inter are in millions of debt and cant afford the type of money being asked for Beckham. I cant see why Beckham would want to move to a team that might not even be in the UEFA cup when he seemingly has Real Madrid and AC Milan after him, so i'ld put my money on him going to one of them.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 17:41   #12
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he will go home, drink some tea, and go to bed, because he is very tired.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 17:44   #13
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
You git!

From the title, I thought he'd died or somet else useful.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 18:45   #14
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
to be fair blackburn are doing quite well, dont like the town but that's personal the team is a good team, but after champions league glory and winning golden boots, they are a shadow if tehir former selves, or maybe it was just the fact that the team made them look good and they are the same players as they were back then.
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote