User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Feb 2008, 23:19   #1
Einskaldir

Einskaldir is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Skirmishers

I am new to this game and decided to start my own alliance instead of joining one of the others that are already around. Mainly as I could earn enemies from joining an alliance if they have enemies.

I would rather tinker around with the game for a while. I have experience in other wargames and in space games also. I will accept other people if anyone wants to join

I use msn messenger for group chat in my other games so its easier to use it for all of them.
Einskaldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:57   #2
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about
Re: Skirmishers

good luck to you!!

Although I doubt their will be many people who read these forums who are playing and are not already in an alliance.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2008, 23:34   #3
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Good luck man

But remember: whoever is not your friend shall be your foe
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 03:19   #4
MysticQue
Spy of the Spy

MysticQue is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck to you !!

Just ignore membrivio
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 09:23   #5
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einskaldir
I am new to this game and decided to start my own alliance instead of joining one of the others that are already around. Mainly as I could earn enemies from joining an alliance if they have enemies.

I would rather tinker around with the game for a while. I have experience in other wargames and in space games also. I will accept other people if anyone wants to join

I use msn messenger for group chat in my other games so its easier to use it for all of them.

I think you'd be better off joining an existing alliance. If you are determined to make a go of your own ally then i suggest reading "alliances 101"

Good luck in r26

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2008, 17:21   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

As others have said this isn't the way to do it, you will learn the game best by surrounding yourself with a support system of people who know what they are doing. You are unlikely to progress in PA today by starting your own alliance as your first action as running an alliance requires alot of time effort and experience. You also do a disservice to anyone who joins you as you aren't in a position to help them as your learning yourself.

Don't worry about what enemies an alliances has, just take the plunge join one, spend a couple of rounds learning the ropes and making contacts and if you still want to start an alliance after that then go ahead. Your be in a better position to run an alliance then and your have some people you can bring along with you to provide the alliances structure
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2008, 20:04   #7
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

just join Hidden Agenda mate, we train all the new players, and some stick around for some reason (like me).

Like said above, a lot of people already have an alliance, goodluck in whatever path you take.
Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2008, 03:26   #8
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Play 1-2 rounds first... with very experienced players.. otherwise you don't have the knowledge to run alliance.. Start by running a Battlegroup attacks.. then you know what it takes to run alliance. Not to mention if u really want to be effective HC.. you need 14-16h's game time per day, on IRC. Anything less than without trusted person doing it while your away.. your alliance will end up in the gategory of mediocre. As HC's job is to organise politics, Targets, Priority,supervise your BC/DC's/Scanners/Intel etc, best HC's are the ones who are always in the loop. Hell when I played as HC I even knew exactly wich BG's had people still home with their fleets, their eta's and return times.. and secondary targets, what would be their day attack target etc and when they could counter attack. Not to mention enemy BG's, and all their co.ords.. you have to known all of these at minimium to run alliance effectively. Not to mention in less than 100 people alliance, you should know yer biggest players and their races and somekind of clue whatkind of attack/defence fleets they have. Basicly u'r the database.. u know everything or can find out it by looking your own notes in notepad. Full time job completely, that's what you should expect if some HC calls himself a good one, anything else is just lack dedication even if they have shared burdens all the info should be accessible by HC's in very short time.. "I don't know" if someone else in alliance knows isn't a execuse, it's just lack of communication/dedication making things work.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote