User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 03:39   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tutorial: How to turn off the rep system with Firefox

Don't like the reputation system? I don't either. So I have decided to turn it off. All you need is Firefox and an extention called "ImgLikeOpera" (the name leads me to assume that this is also possible with Opera).

ImgLikeOpera
You could just block all images from pirate.planetarion.com by default with Firefox, but that is an annoying way to get around the forums. 'Nuke Anything' also doesn't work because it doesn't remember the things you've blocked, and worst of all you have to click on every single rep point of every member you see. ImgLikeOpera allows you to create a filter for images that you want to block! It removes only the rep images and nothing else!

Configuring Options
After you have installed the extention and configured it by going into the options as displayed and adding a filter make sure to click 'Apply', otherwise it wont work. Do this for each filter. To configure an extention go to Tools->Extentions and on the Pop Up choose the ImgLikeOpera extention and click on the options button on the bottom.

Adblock
Adblock works even better than ImgLikeOpera. Once this extention is installed all you have to do is right click on the image to add a filter for it. I have even blocked the rep post button, I can no longer even rep anyone. I am also going to remove the rep parts from the CP.

Remove It Permanently
I used the Remove It Permanently extention to remove the entire rep system from my CP. Screenshot: No more rep comments!

Screenshot
http://www.ambientchill.com/images/tyranny.jpg
(Notice that I don't have any rep images by my nick and neither does Phil^!)

Notes
Note, I have yet to add filters for the negative rep images and for the neutral one.
Also note that there are two rep images for pos reps: reputation_pos.gif and reputation_highpos.gif.

Conclusion
The last thing I suggest is to go into the User Control Panel for Vbulletin and click the the little arrow by your rep point total to hide all the comments. (Do this before using the Remove It Permanently extention.)

And *poof* the reputation system is gone. The tyranny can be over if you want it to be. If you like it and don't want to remove it, that's good too. To each his own.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask by posting here or pm'ing me on Netgamers or on the forums.

Good luck!

Last edited by s|k; 7 Sep 2005 at 06:46. Reason: Added Adblock
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 06:59   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Tutorial: How to turn off the rep system with Firefox

As the Firefox extension name says, it's something that is very doable in Opera as well, through the magic of CSS. Here is how to accomplish the same in Opera:
  • First, locate your Opera Profile folder. This will be either in your main Opera folder or your Application Data folder, depending on what option you selected at installing. You can find this through Help > About Opera, and checking what the Opera Folder is set to under "Paths".
  • In this profile directory, create a new subdirectory called styles, and inside that, create a file called browser.css. This creates a stylesheet that will be loaded upon Opera startup, and overrides all other stylesheets, making it a great way of persistently altering layouts as you please. Protip: blink, marquee {display: none;}.
  • Enter the following CSS code into your new browser.css file:
    Code:
    img[src="http://pirate.planetarion.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif"],
    img[src="http://pirate.planetarion.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif"],
    img[src="http://pirate.planetarion.com/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif"],
    img[src="http://pirate.planetarion.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif"],
    img[src="http://pirate.planetarion.com/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif"] {display: none;}
  • Restart Opera so that it loads the new stylesheet.
There, you're all done. Follow s|k's instructions to turn off your rep comments in the User CP page, and you're all set.

If you want, you can also add the little link image for giving reputation to posts to the CSS file. This image is "http://pirate.planetarion.com/STYLES/LAIRYFISH/buttons/reputation.gif", where obviously you'll have to replace LAIRYFISH with whatever it is for the forum style you use.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 07:18   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And here's how to do it with internet explorer.

Step 1: Uninstall internet explorer

Step 2: Download opera

Step 3: Refer to post 2 in this thread
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 08:21   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
i pos repped you but you wouldn't know it now would you
I haven't actually done that thing yet. As I recall 1-X said it'd be rather pointless and I've heard he's smarter than god.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 08:29   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I've heard he's smarter than god.
That is really funny and clever, and true!
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 04:42   #6
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Since you cant anymore see reps on you ( as now neither do i ) i will thank you here s|k

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote