User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:28   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Arrow New Player manual

New Player manual

An excellent idea who should be made official. I was thinking about post asking for suggestions for something similar i am planning to do, and got motivated after that i read about this new manual and i enjoyed much. But i think (as cheerios stated on it actually) it should have much more info included, making a useful tool for beginners and experienced.
The point here is i think the manual should be a session called "tips" or something with suggestions and things the new player should know to adapt faster into our closed community. Something like "i just started and i read the manual, but how do i do in sittuations related to the coomunity? Bellow i will make some subjects who should be included on this section of the manual and i would like some maybe more interested to help do some suggestions with ideas about what include and texts detailing the tip:

- Attacking

How to pick your target? why attacking with ally? Why attacking solo? Strategy to steal ships? When and why to attack innactives? Why dont attack innactives and/or when to stop? Attacking for XP why? Attacking for roids, why? Why attack people with bigger value? Why to pick smaller targets on alliance attacks?

- Defending

How do i know if my ships are the best to defend my galmate? How do i do when one or more gal member is under attack? how do i do if only me are online? How do i do if my galmates dont answer on IRC? How do i do to organize ingal defense? how do i report incommings thru IRC? Why is so important to do that? What info should i submit to my galmates so they properly do defense or reports for me? Why should i give some personal info as my sms number to them? How do i do if im under attack and have to defend my galmates? How do i chose wich galmate to defend and i can defend only one and there is more than one to defend?

- Galaxy

Why to exile? How do i know if one galaxy is good? What i must do to not be exiled? How to get exiled from "dead" galaxies? What do i do if my HC tells me to not defend ingal? What do i do if my galmates do not defend me? How to work the relationship with my galmates? What should i do if i have to choose to defend my galmate or attack? Why is important to have a good relationship with galmates even after the round ends? Why attack with the galaxy? Why not attack with the galaxy? What i must do if HC tells me to attack one galaxy in cluster NAP? What should i expect of a good GC? How can i be a good GC? Why should i and why shouldnt i offer intel info about my galaxy? Why my alliance is more important than my galaxy? Why my galaxy is more important than my alliance?

- Alliance

Why should i join one alliance? Where to find about the currently playing allies? How to pick one based in what i can do for it? How to choose one good? How to proceede on a interview for a new alliance? What a good alliance expects of a new player? why should i create an alliance? Why shouldnt i create one? Why should i know about the alliance politics? Why should i attack with the alliance? What should i do to grow up using the alliance? What should i do to get one position inside the alliance? How i must deal with enemies in the community i have contact. How to use allaince information on my favor? Why should i move to another alliance? Why should i do if my alliance disband? How do i get vouches to join one alliance if i don't know anyone?

- IRC

Why should i use IRC? Why should i use an IRC client instead COM UNIT? Why should i have a IRC nick different from my leader name? Why should i have an IRC nick at all? Why should i use IRC to chat with other players about subjects not evolving the game? Why should i use IRC even when im afk? Why is IRC so important for one alliance? Why IRC is so important for me as player of this commuity? What are attack bots? How do i use them? Why should i have a fake nick? how do i do to have one? How do i configure my IRC client so it wont bitches me while im working? How to configure IRC so he gets more and more useful at home? Wich alias i should have on my client to help me to play more efficiently?

Feel free to add explanations and ideas about any of the subjects i mentioned above and suggest any i didnt posted here. If no one is willing to help or think this is BS, ill do myself anyway together with the ilustrated step-by-step IRC configuration manual im planning to do too, but it will take couple rounds since i plan to do only when i have nothing else to do. If from now on anyone knows of someone with similar idea lemme know please, tell him about this project wont take much effort anyway even if you find useless for you.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:44   #2
Bockman
Name's Bond.. Vaga Bond

Bockman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Player manual

is this a suggestion or are you putting it up for discussion?

Think this ought to be in Suggestions.

Be Well 8-)
Bockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:49   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

anyone can add things to the pawiki or modify existing things, so why don't you add in your ideas yourself

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 10:55   #4
Intruder

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
anyone can add things to the pawiki or modify existing things, so why don't you add in your ideas yourself
Try to Tell them that

Many players were lazy to add small lines about their own or their ally's history, imagine if they would do this type of hard work ;/

I myself had to type some old player's history cos they didnt want to "waste" the time doing themselves, but after they saw the result they grow motivated to at least tell more about what they know about PA history.

Many players didnt even visited PA Wiki untill now. I only want to reach those by other means.

Is not only a suggestion, i want those who cba to submit by themselves on PAwiki at least made small versions here so i insert there later, i know that for some formating and editing on Wiki arent far above the effort they want to make to help community, so i am offering they will give some lines for me and other to work if they dont awant to do all the job. And suggestions are only for official Planetarion stuff, not for stuff to be added on PA Wiki if not on PA manual

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 21 Aug 2005, 06:40   #5
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing it on the PAWiki!

Recently explained (a real time saver with beginners):
Battle Calculation (PAWiki)
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 14:04   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If you look at the wiki I created a new player manual here (which Cheerios has subsequently condensed and linked in)
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 22:11   #7
Intruder

Yeah, actually i was last hour on pm explaining to a dude who joined my ex-gal channel asking about some PC game the basics of the game and showed this new player manual, wich it was FAR better for him to understand. One more account created

Channels: