User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Jun 2009, 16:23   #1
Yorga
Old Pharte

Yorga is an unknown quantity at this point
SK's and roiding

I posted this in a thread in discussions, so I thought I'd repeat it here where it really should've been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorga View Post
I've also noticed that players who sign up late tend to get SK sent at them within a few days of leaving protection. WTF is that about? SK are a big joy-killer. Losing roids is one thing, you can steal 'em back. Gaining roids helps you but SK'ing only hurts your target, so should only be used as part of a big alliance war imo when you really need to stop an enemy rebuilding. Random noob bashing with SK makes me angry. My point is that to reduce the unnecessary SK'ing, why not make the % of buildings SK'd reduce the possible roid cap? This would make using SK a strategic decision, rather than simply something you can just tag on to a roid fleet.
i.e. with the 15-25% current capping and keeping a 10% SK limit, for every 1% of buildings SK'd reduce the roid capping % by 1.5-2.5%
Yorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 16:26   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: SK's and roiding

Tha algorithm could use a little work, but the idea (which I proposed, incidentially) is good.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 16:27   #3
Yorga
Old Pharte

Yorga is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like great minds think alike, Mzyxptlk
Yorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 16:48   #4
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

the stupid ones think alike aswell, only the future will tell to which group you belong
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 17:09   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Do it like with roid distribution:

if the value spread between SKs and Pods is, let's say, 60% SK's and 40% pods, then you destroy 60% * (upper SK cap) structures and cap 40% * (upper roid cap).

Fairly simple, imho. Works consistently the same way as roid distribution works.

But apart from that, nice idea from a new player, welcome to the game :-)
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 17:33   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the original formula mz suggested.

Also, some sort of salvage should be added for lost constructions. They do tend to get expensive down the road.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 18:50   #7
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

If you want to protect the smaller planets from SKs, then protect them and not everybody. I'd rather see something like when you can destroy a maximum of 10%*target_value/your_value just like the roid capping. (Ofc. it would have to be also based on fleet values when there are multiple attackers.)
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote