User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:34   #1
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Smile Oi, Adminy Peeps

Now we're down to 23 active members, can we please lose the whole

[annoy]

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.

[/annoy]

thing?

Please?
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:50   #2
Karmulian

actually we have 700+ active users (701 today)

and there is a meeting next week to discuss a number of the restrictions on the forums
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:55   #3
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
700?

Both a good and bad thing I guess.

I guess the other restrictions will be text colour/size, img tags etc - that sort of thing?
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:57   #4
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
its a shame that you cann't individually ban people from using img tags.. can you?
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:58   #5
Karmulian

no comment
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 22:59   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
its a shame that you cann't individually ban people from using img tags.. can you?
I wouldn't have thought so.

But you can throw their IP address to the dogs, so to speak.

AAARRRGGGGHHHH FKIN 60 SECOND POST THING!

Kaaaaarmulian...? When did you say that meeeeting was?
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 23:00   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
yes
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 23:36   #8
yodaa800
Open da mouth!

yodaa800 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think everyone ought to be unbanned.

well, I would be entertained anyway.
[22:47:48] <Metrofx> i was asked if i was gay before in pa
[22:47:51] <Metrofx> i answered yes
yodaa800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 23:49   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Theres something wrong here when i'm one of the most active posters on GD
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 23:50   #10
sayonara
Shai Halud

Especially as you are a hamster and have no opposable thumb.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 02:29   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Why not give up and close the forums?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 09:09   #12
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
actually we have 700+ active users (701 today)

and there is a meeting next week to discuss a number of the restrictions on the forums
&Omega;hy? All the spammers/etc...ers have moved to jolt forums, and forgotten that the PA forums exist.

Only the good posters remain. And soon the Jolt posters will be here too, to get a&omega;ay from the PA spammers/etc...ers.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 09:39   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Why not give up and close the forums?
Don't you even dare think about it!!!
I'm NOT going over to those fecking Jolt forums!!!
Just get a free round of PA going and see how active this forum gets!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 10:43   #14
Androme

Jolt F > PA F

The only good thing I think PA has atm is a better colour scheme, but that's about it really.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 10:49   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
tbh I dont see how the Jolt Forums can be better with the poor way they are modded and the way you get banned for pointing out someones mistake
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 12:14   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
these forums will undergo changes now were no longer under fifth season
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 12:24   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
these forums will undergo changes now we're no longer under fifth season
Three cheers for not being under fifth season!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzaaaaaah!
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 13:19   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Androme
Jolt F > PA F

The only good thing I think PA has atm is a better colour scheme, but that's about it really.
Because you can say **** and **** without it being censored?!

Or post pictures all over the place?

Jolt is just lame, if only for the lack of a decent tech section. I won't even mention the patriotic group called DF3 or the other lamers or lack of clear regulation.
That's what I like about this forum... it's VERY clear what you can and can't pull off, while at the same time you have total freedom to talk about whatever you want.

You can say whatever you want about the mods here, but in my opinion it's them that keep the forum as organised as it is. And that's a good thing since everyone is able to find his little place here!
This is the most versatile and at the same time organised forum I've found on the net... I'll prolly stay here till the very end.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 13:31   #19
wakey
Hamster

Structural's totally right like RL forums need rules. Ok anarchy can be enjoyable for a while but without clear rules for both the admin/mods and for the posters things just become a total mess. Just look at whats going on at jolt with people being banned mainly because certain patriotic groups dont like them. Now we may not like all of you lot and may have personal grudges agaisnt you but never do we resort to using these grudges to ban you, instead we give you the benifit of the doubt until till you do something that deserves a banning and even then you will normally get at least Three warning before a total ban. This means as long as you dont really try pushing your luck you can get away posting how you wish without any threat to your account.

Now i'll give most of you two weeks top until you actually realise these forums are better than the jolt ones due to the way they are run
The Farnborough Crew