User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 02:27   #1
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
New things to do to rebuild countries

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=452375

Omg thats so ****ed... How is that helping to rebuild the country?? I feel so ashamed to know that people could really do that and then turn around and wonder why most of the middle east hates the western society...

[center]
Quote:
"They made a sort of joke against us by playing jazz music while they were cutting down the trees," said one man
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"

Last edited by Plastic-Wrap; 15 Oct 2003 at 02:39.
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 02:42   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: New things to do to rebuild countries

Heh,erm...way to go america.
To be perfectly honest I dont blame ordinary americans for this or any of the other crap like this that goes on in Iraq. American soldiers seem to be animals who justify their cruel actions with bizzare logic.

Living in a world with 1 super power is just fan-fking-tastic aint it :P
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 02:52   #3
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

I was refering to the government and who makes these types of decisions against cilivians. Doing this to them will really make them revolt. I'm sure Saddam was a big dick and all, but I'm sure he would never start just ****ing up people's lives like this...
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 02:53   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

****ing powerblocks.

This really should be in AD.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 03:25   #5
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Give me a ****ing break, in the end the US goverment will either refund them with money or replant the trees.

Also, I am sure they do know where the fighters are.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 03:40   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Give me a ****ing break, in the end the US goverment will either refund them with money or replant the trees.

Sure they will
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 03:55   #7
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
SURELY THEY WILL REFUND THE DAMAGE! ****ing Bullshit

Quote:
But Sheikh Hussein Ali Saleh al-Jabouri, a member of a delegation that went to the nearby US base to ask for compensation for the loss of the fruit trees, said American officers described what had happened as "a punishment of local people because 'you know who is in the resistance and do not tell us'."
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 05:15   #8
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Someone will defend this
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 07:07   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Someone will defend this

WarFalcon?

Not me.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 07:20   #10
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00

No they won't and if they do know and tell they are likely to get shot in the head with bullets from a handgun by the people that they are telling on.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 07:35   #11
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate my government. I hate everything about it. The way its run, the people that run it, everything. Chickenshit careerist who have no values of their own, because if they did they'd never get elected, get put in power by ignorant, homophobic, god fearing billy-bobs

yeah its pretty shitty cutting down those trees, but honestly, saddam hussein would've raped, totured, and maimed the townsfolk for hiding collaborators and then wouldve killed everyone in the town.

Last edited by s|k; 15 Oct 2003 at 08:23.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:50   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
yeah its pretty shitty cutting down those trees, but honestly, saddam hussein would've raped, totured, and maimed the townsfolk for hiding collaborators and then wouldve killed everyone in the town.
aah, the "we're shit but he's more shit" defence.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:59   #13
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i wonder when they start taking hostages and shoot them if these terrorists dont surrender.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 09:11   #14
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
aah, the "we're shit but he's more shit" defence.
no I wasn't defending their actions, wrong is wrong
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:37   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously the US has decided to try the 'Hearts and Minds' technique favoured in Vietnam with equally as successful results.....

What a bunch of arseholes.

Where is the bit in the article about the British being too soft ?

Would the Independant prefer the British troops to take pot shots out of boredom or to carry on trying to treat the Iraqi people properly and trying to make the best out of what is obviously a pretty shitty situation for everyone ?

And as for playing Jazz, do the US have no shame ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:45   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You would think that with his policy of f'king the defenceless the US would have played Michael Jackson songs instead

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:20   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: New things to do to rebuild countries

Which twat keeps on ordering this sort of nonsense?!?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:29   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Which twat keeps on ordering this sort of nonsense?!?
Anyone in the American military is capable of it, because what I've heard reported of the general training and overall feel of it is that we're the best, nobody else matters. The idea that that applies in the minds of the troops has a lot of evidence.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:30   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: New things to do to rebuild countries

Well, it's probably all the fun of macho jingoist bullshit in action then.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:31   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Well it's probably all the fun of macho jingoist bullshit in action then.
I see you got the jist of my tortured sentence.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:48   #21
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I would have thought maybe some punk would have been a good companion piece to thoughtless destruction, maybe even a bit of metal.

Pretty much stance of punk music is against war and fighting. :d
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 01:35   #22
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
I doubt this was a soldiers idea!
Who's idea was it then ffs, ofc it was a soldiers idea. Probably some dipshit captain in the local barracks. It might have been an officer but it was still a soldier.

On this whole music the americans played.The locals called it Jazz but I'm not sure they got it right as Jazz wouldn't make much sence,it was probably some music the americans though would be funny but the Iraqis didnt know.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 01:37   #23
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

I'm sure they aren't that un-educated... They do have music there too and their seems to be an educated person representing the farmers who most likey witnessed some of these events.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 01:52   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Im just wonder what kind of leatherneck soldier listens to Jazz...

Shooting people to off beat rythms must be difficult
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 01:53   #25
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Might be the general's idea?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:44   #26
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

"They made a sort of joke against us by playing jazz music "

War Crimes

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:50   #27
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a link, for those wondering why the soldiers did that.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/milgram_experiment
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:20   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Maybe they played the badger song.
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger explosion explosion?