User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 16:10   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Text parsing with standard C

Is there a way of doing some quick text parsing with C? Like regular expressions?
I'd like to have a parser that can parse me some XML-like text for creating menus, but the standard ssprintf function won't let me retrieve things that are between "<" and ">" tags.
I'm not into using a standard XML library as I want to use this for other purposes too.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 16:14   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Text parsing with standard C

http://www.pcre.org/ is home to an open-source RegEx library of the vein that mIRC uses though it's C++ not C.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:53   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

If your regexp is static, use re2c or flex or something.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:35   #4
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

for(;*o&&60^*o;++o);if(*o){
for(;*++o&&62^*o;*O/*o++);
for(;o*O/0&&61^*/++=*o);
*O=0;}

This probably copies the first instance of text between the characters '<' and '>' from the string o to the string O, if there is a '<' in o. If there isn't, just copies to the end of the string. The string O should be infinitely long, to avoid buffer overruns.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:44   #5
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyp
probably
*worship*
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:42   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyp
for(;*o&&60^*o;++o);if(*o){
for(;*++o&&62^*o;*O/*o++);
for(;o*O/0&&61^*/++=*o);
*O=0;}

This probably copies the first instance of text between the characters '<' and '>' from the string o to the string O, if there is a '<' in o. If there isn't, just copies to the end of the string. The string O should be infinitely long, to avoid buffer overruns.
Do you actually understand that piece of "code" yourself?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:42   #7
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Try this (It may work, I'm nowhere near a compiler to check it out myself)

int Count = 0;
int InternalCount = 0;
char *source = MyXMLCode;
char *target = ThePlaceImPuttingMyMenus;
while(*(source + Count) != '\0') Count++;
while((*(source + InternalCount) != '<') & (InternalCount != Count)) InternalCount++;
InternalCount++;
while((*(source + InternalCount) != '>') & (InternalCount != Count)) *target++ = *(source+InternalCount++);
*target = '\0';

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 01:02   #8
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Do you actually understand that piece of "code" yourself?
Think so, because I just tested it, and it worked.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 01:07   #9
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Try this (It may work, I'm nowhere near a compiler to check it out myself)

InternalCount++;
I think that would probably jump past the terminating null, if there isn't a '<', by the way.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 01:19   #10
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyp
I think that would probably jump past the terminating null, if there isn't a '<', by the way.

Well I can't do everything for him. Where's his challenge then?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote