User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 03:38   #1
[7]Gunn3r

VxD Error

Not sure if i'm posting this at the good place but anyway, since I don't really use the forums sorry if it's not at the good place.

Recently I've had my computer fixed and all stuffs, after a lot of problems etc... now it runs fine everywhere.

Except in Warcraft III, I often crash(computer crash, not connection) or I get blue screen.

In my blue screen it say Error in VxD(VxD = french, so in english it may be any similar terms).

Anyone can tell me what VxD means or what I can just do to fix it?
Generally I would have re-installed my drivers, but since it is the same technician that installed, built up and repaired my computer, it's rather hard to believe he'd have installed the wrong ones.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 08:08   #2
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
.vxd is the filename extension for some weird kind of driver file.

Basically, it's Windows claiming that there is something wrong with a driver.

However, it could be anything, if green space aliens started eating the computer, windows would assume it must be a driver error.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 08:54   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
just get new drivers. I find this cures everything, since for some bizarre reason, people who make computers for you always put the oldest CGA drivers (does anyone remember CGA?) on there that they can fine.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 09:16   #4
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
just get new drivers. I find this cures everything, since for some bizarre reason, people who make computers for you always put the oldest CGA drivers (does anyone remember CGA?) on there that they can fine.
Think EGA was better.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 09:38   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: VxD Error

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
Not sure if i'm posting this at the good place but anyway, since I don't really use the forums sorry if it's not at the good place.

Recently I've had my computer fixed and all stuffs, after a lot of problems etc... now it runs fine everywhere.

Except in Warcraft III, I often crash(computer crash, not connection) or I get blue screen.

In my blue screen it say Error in VxD(VxD = french, so in english it may be any similar terms).

Anyone can tell me what VxD means or what I can just do to fix it?
Generally I would have re-installed my drivers, but since it is the same technician that installed, built up and repaired my computer, it's rather hard to believe he'd have installed the wrong ones.
If the error message is in french then you have serious problems with your computer. The fact you are playing a war game suggests to me the Gallic Virus. This will make your computer instantly fail and become useless whenever you play a war game.

Dont play any WW2 games.....

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 11:04   #6
Pitchfork
Tourist

Pitchfork is an unknown quantity at this point
VxD's are Virtual Device Drivers, you should have the .vxd that causes the crash printed out somewhere on the bluescreen, try to figure out to which device it belongs and reinstall the driver. (if it crashes in wc3, graphics/sound board is always a nice guess)

Another thought just came into my mind: Did you overclock your 'puter? Then try to set everything back to normal values and see, if the error still arises.

btw, this is the right place to post this
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote