User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jan 2003, 14:19   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unhappy Next week is my last bit of free time for 3 years

I was thinking about this.
Now the exams have finally ended, we get a week off (kind of a second freshers week) before semester 2 starts. Well, everyone except the art students, but thier whole course is one long holiday judging from my flatmate so they don't deserve it.
After that it's semester 2 (duh) and during easter I'll be expected to do coursework.
When the final exams end, i have to start paying rent on our house for next year as it's a yearly contract. This means I have to work over the summer - I need to earn at least £250 a month to break even.
Then the next year at uni starts and the same happens all over again, except i'll have to have a job so even when the week off between the two semesters comes around again I'll be working.
The year after that I'm out doing an industry placement, and the year after that I'm back again for my final year and will need to work again almost certainly.

Is it just me, or does that suck?

Unread 24 Jan 2003, 14:20   #2
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the real world.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 14:25   #3
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
I refuse to believe anyone who tries to claim their degree course isn't one large stretch of free time.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 14:30   #4
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
some advice for ur last week of 'freedom'....
half ounce.....
cake mix....
malteasers....

put them all together, cook for 30mins.....gather some friends....wait.

try watching a trippy film or something, guaranteed that 1hr later u wont know wtf is going on.

disclaimer: dont blame me for anything that goes wrong within the following 3-4 days after consumption.

u have been warned.

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 15:09   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Its not 'work' if you enjoy it. And if its something youd be doing in your freetime anyway, it basically 'is' free-time...
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 15:15   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Like I'm going to enjoy working in sainsbury's...

You're right in that most of the first year course modules are ok, and 3 or 4 are enjoyable. Having said that, a few suck majorly.

Unread 24 Jan 2003, 15:24   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I've made the most of my excellent student loan (this, broadband, alcohol...) and living at home. My holiday is my uni course. When I finish it, I'll have like a month of free time before working full time (38 hour week) in a factory until August in order to have enough cash to last me through the summer. Then in september I start my year in industry, working full time until the following summer.

If you think working for £250 a month part time isn't 'free time', try calculating how much longer I'm working for £200/week.
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 15:25   #8
Thiebold Axeslammer
National Village Idiot

Thiebold Axeslammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
I refuse to believe anyone who tries to claim their degree course isn't one large stretch of free time.
Thiebold Axeslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 16:05   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
It's just what you consider free time.... I love going to school... Hell, I sometimes even rather go to school than have holidays.
So basically going to school is like freetime for me, added to that I can pass about every course with two fingers in my nose.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 16:08   #10
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
It's just what you consider free time.... I love going to school... Hell, I sometimes even rather go to school than have holidays.
So basically going to school is like freetime for me, added to that I can pass about every course with two fingers in my nose.
Perhaps you could try to pass every course with two toes in your nose, to make it more challenging.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 16:12   #11
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
Perhaps you could try to pass every course with two toes in your nose, to make it more challenging.
or a finger and a toe
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 16:29   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
or a finger and a toe
I'm still waiting for someone to post the OBVIOUS follow-up of this post.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:03   #13
alastair18

alastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the rough
2 fingers and 2 toes?
alastair18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:19   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If you're seriously saying you will have no real free-time during a major part of your Uni course (i.e. for a couple of years) then you're doing the wrong course.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote