User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 17 Oct 2014, 12:18   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Round 60 Stats Offers

As requested by Mz I'll start the R60 Stat offers.

Paste a link to your stats and describe your thinking behind the stats.
Please Give details of each race roiding fleets etc.
Also if there is scope to fake meta classes etc.
If you are posting about the stats keep it civil and constructive.
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 13:14   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Round 60 Stats Offers

Ive made a stats set wich is brilliant.
It allows forting, it allows none forting, its offensive and its defensive.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 13:15   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Put it up when you can and we'll have a look
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 14:52   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Put it up when you can and we'll have a look
It will be up on beta soonish, when appoco gets to it

Unread 17 Oct 2014, 18:01   #5
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Modest.
Unread 18 Oct 2014, 12:11   #6
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Hmm well, I'm willing to try and refine this - still quite interested in the concept. This could either be very shit or very cool.

Main problem I'm running into is that because of the way the stats are built and the obvious eta issues, DE and FR have (possibly) too many targets - which could result in too much forting and defensive stats. Call it an early draft.

Solution to that could be making FR or DE a bit more specialized, or one a complete support class of the other.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YTgZechkskKbCM

The stats were designed with the eye of being able to solo with FICO, FRDE, and CRBS - and being able to team up with only FI, CO, FR, DE, CR, or BS.

For example, Ter DE targets FI and CO, but it's shot at by FI, CO, CR, BS. This means that Ter DE can team up with Zik DE, which shoots CR and BS for a DE-only attack. However, a Ter can also attack solo with it's own FR + DE, since those three ships together target everything which could shoot at them.

So it allows for single-class attack in teamups, and multi-class attacks for solo's.

Keep in mind the initial stats also had a FI fleet for Etd, and CO fleet for Zik. This allowed every race to have a teamup. I figured to keep everything at 2 pod classes, FI and CO were top of the list to go.

Probably needs a lot of refinement (and I'd really love an equalisation of the eta's because it would mean targeting would be much more dynamic) - but like I said, the idea still appeals to me.

Also interested in seeing BB's stats now, hope they're better than the last set
Unread 18 Oct 2014, 12:50   #7
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

I like your first draft, just need to find a fine balance where Bs and Cr has some edge on some/most fr/de ships. Maybe this can easily be done by editting Merchant slightly, or putting Broker into a roiding class.
Either way, good first draft.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 00:18   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad first draft, with about a 30 second glance :P

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2014, 19:23   #9
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

If i had them i'd gladly paste the links to the previous 40+ sets of stats which could be re-used instead of having every charlie try their hand at using excel 5 minutes before the round starts.

infact why can't we get a vote of previous round stats put up somewhere in a similar fashion to the roundname? you could even throw in a "none of the above please id like a new set" choice if you're feeling adventurous.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2014, 19:24   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
If i had them i'd gladly paste the links to the previous 40+ sets of stats which could be re-used instead of having every charlie try their hand at using excel 5 minutes before round starts.

infact why can't we get a vote of previous round stats put up somewhere in a similar fashion to the roundname? you could even throw in a "none of the above please id like a new set" choice if you're feeling adventurous.
Ive suggested this for quite sometime!
Couldnt agree more

Unread 24 Oct 2014, 21:43   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think re-using/tweaking old sets is the sensible way to do it for a few rounds..
Unread 25 Oct 2014, 11:07   #12
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i nominate round 37
Unread 25 Oct 2014, 11:18   #13
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

2 st rounds in a row ? :P
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2014, 16:26   #14
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=37
Hmm, yeah dunno about 2 st stats sets in a row either
Unread 26 Oct 2014, 21:51   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

ugh plz no
Unread 26 Oct 2014, 22:10   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

ST stats should be banned

Unread 27 Oct 2014, 00:03   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I tend to find limited T2 the best, im not a fan of 0 loss def ships unless it is EMP
Unread 2 Nov 2014, 12:50   #18
isildurx

I know they were very recently played, but I'd be happy to make some changes to my round 56 stats and put them up again. Round 56 was kinda ruined by the beetle being OP, so lowering the eff on that should lead to a completely different round than what we saw in round 56.

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=56
Unread 2 Nov 2014, 21:33   #19
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

And there we have it! A sensible way to get "reasonable" stats without actually repeating a previous round. I'm not saying that we should (or shouldn't) use this particular set to "tweak" - but the idea is a good one.

At least it would allow us to have some continuity between rounds so that we could recognise which ships belong to which class (or race) and what its targets are - without having to check the stats list or a bcalc.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2014, 08:59   #20
isildurx

bump
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 15:46   #21
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

bump!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2014, 19:53   #22
isildurx

Still proposing to slightly modify my r56 set for re-use ^^
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 09:05   #23
Machado
Seraphim

Well lets get to work on either mine or r56's set!

Concerning R56, I think I played Etd FR to great success that round as a scanner, DE was awesome too (fr/de + fakes worked well) and I think most went other classes which also helped - anybody got any other ideas/comments for that set?
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 10:53   #24
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

It was a fine round. And don't go BS if you are at the hated side of the universe.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 13:41   #25
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado View Post
Well lets get to work on either mine or r56's set!

Concerning R56, I think I played Etd FR to great success that round as a scanner, DE was awesome too (fr/de + fakes worked well) and I think most went other classes which also helped - anybody got any other ideas/comments for that set?

Simply changing the Beetle eff in the R56 stats would make the stats play completely differently. The downside to nerfing it is the fact that xan fi becomes even better, which it was already pretty good that round anyways. So the tweeking would have to be done with a little caution.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 19:20   #26
isildurx

Yes ofcourse it would be balanced more than just nerfing the beetle, but a few small changes would alter the dynamic dramatically and make them better imo.
Unread 4 Dec 2014, 09:38   #27
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

How is your set coming along isil??

Hopefully it will be loaded back up on the beta server soon so the tweaking can commence
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2014, 10:10   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Load it up on the beta and I'll be happy to take a look at them.

[edit] I see Butcher has claimed the beta for now. Upload them elsewhere then.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2014, 10:56   #29
isildurx

I haven't made the changes needed to them yet, I can get that done within a day or two. Won't be big changes, mainly cath co reduced effs and some increases here and there elsewhere.

Also mz, you looked at them extensively when I(we) created them, so you won't find many problems

edit: hard to balance them without access to betaserver though.
Unread 9 Dec 2014, 18:19   #30
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Go oldschool and re-use R26?

Tweak zik and consider making Xan co into fi instead to reduce the mass co issue, and they might be balanced? :P

Just looking at the top100...

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=26
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2014, 22:40   #31
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR View Post
Go oldschool and re-use R26?

Tweak zik and consider making Xan co into fi instead to reduce the mass co issue, and they might be balanced? :P

Just looking at the top100...

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=26
They seem to be way too offensive just at a first glance.
How ever PA might be played diffrently now days than then, and perhaps the alliance back then was realy realy shit.

Unread 15 Dec 2014, 14:40   #32
isildurx

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Still proposing to slightly modify my r56 set for re-use ^^
Just need this put up on betaserver to make adjustments!
Unread 15 Dec 2014, 17:37   #33
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yeah can we have these up on the beta server please.

Butchers stats have been up a while and tbh seem to be stuck at 70% ready. I don't think he knows what he wants to change now.

Time for Isil to finish his set so we can get it uploaded to the actual game and play them
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2014, 19:19   #34
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Lol, 70% ready? What you base this on?
Nothing will be changed unless suggestions come in

Unread 15 Dec 2014, 20:20   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Suggestions (or at least criticisms) have come in, you've just dismissed them all. And that's fine, it's entirely up to you what you do with people's input. But at some point we need to make room on the beta server for the next person to refine their stats.

I am in no way, shape or form in charge of this whole thing, but if I were, I'd give you a couple more days then let Isil take his turn.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2014, 20:30   #36
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Suggestions (or at least criticisms) have come in, you've just dismissed them all. And that's fine, it's entirely up to you what you do with people's input. But at some point we need to make room on the beta server for the next person to refine their stats.

I am in no way, shape or form in charge of this whole thing, but if I were, I'd give you a couple more days then let Isil take his turn.
Well just have appoco save the stats and let isil or who ever wants to go next start refininh theirs

Unread 27 Dec 2014, 14:56   #37
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Okay, going to swap out Isil's stats - is anyone else wanting to upload theirs? I know B-Butcher wants his on briefly so he can upload them separately.
Unread 27 Dec 2014, 15:08   #38
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

yes i do!

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200683

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2014, 23:28   #39
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Just for the benefit of everyone else - these are now on beta
Unread 29 Dec 2014, 16:33   #40
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Why don't you have a sub-section on the beta server to upload several separate beta stats with a title (the person who created them) per stats.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2014, 16:55   #41
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Why don't you have a sub-section on the beta server to upload several separate beta stats with a title (the person who created them) per stats.
Isil is done with his stats, and im only looking on tuning around eff a little more if needed, and change small things like switching some of the T1 BS/T2 CR to T1 CR/T2 BS perhaps, it will only take an hour to do.
Lets just let MORPH finish his, and then when we decide on a stats we are landing on

Unread 2 Jan 2015, 16:15   #42
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Looks like them are all finished now

Decission-Time id think

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote