User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 May 2004, 20:44   #1
flay
still remember round l ?

flay is an unknown quantity at this point
Huge Piles - the first strategically passive alliance of pa...

welcome

the huge piles alliance (we will be known as 'the loners' next round, so take note), is one which wants to cater for, and help, those of us on pa who simply can't be online and playing as much as we would like, let alone irc... but if my idea pays off, then all the people who enjoy just doing their own thing will gain benefit...

the concept is simple... i know it's a contradiction of terms, but what this alliance is offering is a degree of protection for loners... folk playing by themselves who don't want to attack each other... we're all in the same boat - we have limited time online , so we don't need incoming all the time... comprende amigos ? if you're hooked up to this alliance, you can't attack another member of it... likewise, no other member can attack you

ok, with thousands of players on pa then even if next round we recruit only a couple of hundred, it's STILL better than nothing, no ? numbers are what we need... we want to recruit those who can't, from a practical point of view, join another alliance which may demand more involvement

rules ?
[#] yes, you can defend a planet in your own galaxy receiving incoming from another alliance member, but a message both ways is expected... if you're asked to back off as an attacker, then do so... after all, you've already seen the alliance tag so the gamble is yours... a preliminary message to the alliance member in the galaxy that you are attacking is demanded... it may not necessarily be a knock back
[#] if, after launching, you later realise that that the target has signed up you are under no obligation to recall... i believe your attack will proceed by the rules of the game, and we don't want people signing up just to protect themselves short term... that's not how this works

am looking forward to feedback and discussion on this, i'm sure that i've missed other scenarios, and because i want this to work, i'll welcome any coments/support/constructive criticism

sign up now...make contact and remember that next round we will be known as 'the loners'

the previous thread was closed quite rightly ...apologies wakey... i was simply trying to attract attention, but in retrospect i understand now that it was the wrong way to do it...

it was late in this round that this idea occurred to me, but we're hoping to recruit members now who will return next round, so it's still worth me posting this i think...

Last edited by flay; 6 May 2004 at 20:50.
flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2004, 00:54   #2
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
Re: Huge Piles - the first strategically passive alliance of pa...

sigh ... I dont get it...

you guys dont have a channel either do you?

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2004, 20:58   #3
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.
Unread 8 May 2004, 01:33   #4
flay
still remember round l ?

indeed... no channel... it's for players who don'y want to get into that...

indeed...brilliant
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:14   #5
flay
still remember round l ?

should've mentioned before... if you want to contact this alliance from here, simply click on my name and let me know that you want in
Unread 10 May 2004, 15:02   #6
chadsta
HC of LODoom

chadsta is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting comment

/me waits to see how it will turn out in round 11...

-chaddy-
chadsta is offline   Reply With Quote