User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 21:55   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Broadband

Any suggestions as to the 'best' supplier? I'm not out in the sticks, so most should be available...

ps. If anyone says NTL, I'll get queball to slap them. Or to slap himself, depending.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 21:58   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
blueyonder baby

its by miles the best
I GUARANTEE

It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:07   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
blueyonder baby
Except Blueyonder. Telewest don't seem to like me

[edit]

On inspecting their website, it appears they neither supply to Durham nor Cambridge; where the hell do they supply to, west midlands only?

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 29 Apr 2003 at 22:21.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:27   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
They don't seem to supply my area either, I havn't really researched thoroughly yet but BT, Freeserve and NTL serve my area, it seems like NTL and blueyonder/telewest share out areas between themselves

Quote:
The postcode you have entered is outside the Telewest Broadband cabled area. Unfortunately, this means it is not possible to offer you any of our services at present.
If you would like to investigate this further please call us on
0800 953 5383.

Our Sales department is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 5pm on Saturday.

You may be in an area serviced by NTL. You can contact NTL directly via their website
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:36   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

OK then, new question.

What's the best out of Openworld, BT and Freeserve, and are there any others?

Except for the fine services of Jolt ofc!
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:40   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ for your ADSL comparison requirements
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:06   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Ta pab
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:03   #8
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Pipex rock my world
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 07:31   #9
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
BT Openworld provide a very good service, with only one major drawback.

When you speak to most ISP help desks, you get someone who is knowledgable about the potential problems and can help you get a resolution quickly (like Blueyonder, they rock)

BT Openworld are 'slightly' different

Imagine if you will there are people who are incapable of answering phones in taxi firms and pizza delivery firms. People so inept that they should be paid to stay at home and not leave the house. Those people work for BT Openworld technical support

Their 'technicians' read from a script 'Can you check your dns settings' and refuse to deviate from this so if you know exactly what the problem is, adsl wires destroyed by godzilla or asdl modem sitting in a mound of melted plastic etc it wont help you get any further until you have gone through their little list

Oh, and if they say ANYTHING about the details in your account being wrong get them sorted and the details confirmed by FAX or letter as that may stop the useless wankers deleting your account because they are too stupid to delete the one THEY setup in your name without asking or telling you

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 09:05   #10
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
BT Openworld provide a very good service, with only one major drawback.

When you speak to most ISP help desks, you get someone who is knowledgable about the potential problems and can help you get a resolution quickly (like Blueyonder, they rock)

BT Openworld are 'slightly' different

Imagine if you will there are people who are incapable of answering phones in taxi firms and pizza delivery firms. People so inept that they should be paid to stay at home and not leave the house. Those people work for BT Openworld technical support

Their 'technicians' read from a script 'Can you check your dns settings' and refuse to deviate from this so if you know exactly what the problem is, adsl wires destroyed by godzilla or asdl modem sitting in a mound of melted plastic etc it wont help you get any further until you have gone through their little list

Oh, and if they say ANYTHING about the details in your account being wrong get them sorted and the details confirmed by FAX or letter as that may stop the useless wankers deleting your account because they are too stupid to delete the one THEY setup in your name without asking or telling you

Vaio

They must work the dayshift at NTL then. My NTL connection is generally good, being twice as fast as what I actually pay for, but there was a three month or so period earlier this year where it would slow to a crawl in the evenings. Phoning NTL did no good - one time I was on hold for 85 minutes, and then the guy said he couldn't speak to me as I was the account holder. A ridiculous situation where the account holder was just relaying information between me and the guy on the telephone ensued, and eventually the "technician" caved in and spoke to me directly. It did no good though - he was just reading from a list of things to tick off ("have you tried resetting your PC?!?!?!") and eventually directed me to another support line where the staff where more knowledgable. I never bothered to phone them up, so I don't know.

And that is the tip of the iceberg of the problems I've had with NTL. For god sake don't give them anything complicated to do like change the identity of the account holder, you'll be at it for fooking months!

But apart from their complete absence of competent staff they're okay, heh.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 12:23   #11
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
NTL at the beginning of this year had loads of latency issues, and dropouts etc..

Also NTL have slammed a 1GB per day bandwidth cap on their broadband products.

Despite that and the fact it took them three months to move my account last year to my new house (heh!), lately its been really good. I'll still maintain that Cable Broadband beats ADSL anyday (Plus I get 600k for my money).

However, try www.plus.net for ADSL. Ł19 a month atm
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 02:31   #12
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Really. Nildram. Dont look elsewhere.

Although, ADSL in durham is pretty poo, everyone I knew was getting 10ms more than more urban areas.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2003, 22:14   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I just signed up to freedom2surf
I don't have any first hand experience, what with not being connected yet. However, my mate uses them and he doesn't seem to have any problems with them.

They are also very cheap, Ł22.50 a month. Plus at the moment there is no connection charge (provided you sign up for a minimum 12 months, blah, blah...)
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 00:50   #14
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I just signed up to freedom2surf
I don't have any first hand experience, what with not being connected yet. However, my mate uses them and he doesn't seem to have any problems with them.

They are also very cheap, Ł22.50 a month. Plus at the moment there is no connection charge (provided you sign up for a minimum 12 months, blah, blah...)
They have my vote too, use em at home, and in actual fact, the GFX for this forum are hosted on a machine on F2S ADSL

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2003, 18:20   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Todays Gem from BT Openworld Tech Support

Me : My ADSL doesnt work

BT Donkey : OK, let's run through a few things to try

Me : That probably wont help

BT Donkey : Let's try them anyway

Me : That really wont help

BT Donkey : We really need to try them anyway

Me : Trust me on this, it wont help and it will be a waste of time

BT Donkey : I think we should let me be the judge of this

Me : Fair enough, When I tell you the ADSL router you supplied caught fire about 15 minutes ago when you've finished how silly will you feel ?

BT Donkey : I'll pass you over to 2nd line support

Vaio

Last edited by Vaio; 6 May 2003 at 21:21.
Unread 6 May 2003, 21:19   #16
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Plusnet

I've been with them for a while now, and the service is genrally very good, they do have there problems but who doesnt.

There customer support is also great

Persoanlly I wouldnt touch freeserve or BT.
Unread 6 May 2003, 21:26   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pipex rock.

The only time my service with them is cut is when I don't pay. Which admittedly, is every month.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 13:15   #18
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Blueyonder 1Mb

2Mb is out soon \o/

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 13:29   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
68% there for signups, another 128 people before ADSL goodness in my part of Liverpool...
Unread 15 May 2003, 19:55   #20
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
bt are utter ****e.

as viao said,tis all fine until you have to ring the tech support.
(ring in the evening,as its maned by uni students who have some clue)
i swear,you lose the will to live after 30mins talking to them.

and they are full of bull.

use nildaram,they rock. great support as well.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 19:59   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

74.25%
Unread 16 May 2003, 20:38   #22
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Me: My internet isnt working
--loads of random try this and that crap--
Them: Ok, i'm going to get you to ping us. If you get a reply it means our end is working and it's something else to do with your computer.
me: ok
Them: Ok, ping 127.0.0.1
Me: I got a reply
Them: The problem is your end and nothing to do with our internet, bye
*click*
Me: but....
Unread 16 May 2003, 22:42   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Still 74.25%.
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:07   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
blueyonder baby

its by miles the best
I GUARANTEE

Unless you wish to run any app that requires a fair bit of uploading to happen. Their latest User Agreement has basically banned the use of any application that has a relativly high rate of uploading so while you can surf the net and do your emails fine your likly to be kicked if you try running anything like a p2p client. And lets face it you dont get broadband to just surf the net and do email the reason you get broadband either to a)access enhanced content such as streaming media or b)to download large files quickly (normally via p2p apps)

Guess though it depends how tightly they enforce it, if its like NTL's 1gb a day download cap then they will just phone up every so often asking you to change your usage habits but from the wording of the press release i saw it does appear they are going to take a harder line than this
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 17:42   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Unless you wish to run any app that requires a fair bit of uploading to happen. Their latest User Agreement has basically banned the use of any application that has a relativly high rate of uploading so while you can surf the net and do your emails fine your likly to be kicked if you try running anything like a p2p client. And lets face it you dont get broadband to just surf the net and do email the reason you get broadband either to a)access enhanced content such as streaming media or b)to download large files quickly (normally via p2p apps)

Guess though it depends how tightly they enforce it, if its like NTL's 1gb a day download cap then they will just phone up every so often asking you to change your usage habits but from the wording of the press release i saw it does appear they are going to take a harder line than this
I kinda sorta run an opennap server, news server and web server off my Blueyonder connection. They haven't complained yet

Vaio
Unread 17 May 2003, 17:48   #26
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Vaio: I belive that while the new user agreement has been published it hasnt been put into effect yet as they have to give everyone a chance to know about it. Your probally get a 60 day grace period like NTL did with its download cap before it will be fully enforced
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 19:06   #27
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey

news:[email protected]

1. Users may only provide Internet Protocol Services (“IPS”) within the
limits set out in this Section 5. Users are deemed wholly responsible for
any and all network traffic emanating from relevant servers and are
required to ensure that such IPS are secured against abuse by third
parties. This includes (but is not limited to) ensuring that servers are
running up to date, and that security patches and are configured soas to
not act as relay servers at any time. “Relay servers” mean servers that
can be utilised by another Internet user to relay spam, or any other type
of abusive network traffic.

2. Failure by Users to so secure servers against such abuse may result in
immediate suspension or termination of service by Telewest (acting at its
sole discretion) with no prior notice - in order to protect the overall
network and services provided to other customers.

3. In addition to the above, Users’ provision of IPS may not adversely
affect any other users of the Telewest network (including telephony and
internet services). Further, Users may not include within and/or
distribute via an IPS any content without the express consent of the owner
of all relevant rights in such content (including but not limited to
intellectual property rights). Telewest reserves the right to monitor
network traffic and to take appropriate action as required – including the
right to restrict any IPS. An example of such adverse usage could be the
consumption of a high proportion of the available upload bandwidth over a
significant period of time. Telewest will not offer any technical support
for the provision of such IPS.

4. Any services provided which have a well-known port (as defined by IANA
[www.iana.org]) must run on the defined port wherever possible. Exceptions
to this must have good reason, to be determined by Telewest in each case at
its discretion (e.g. the de facto standard as defined by a default
installation).
Unread 19 May 2003, 23:54   #28
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Me: My internet isnt working
--loads of random try this and that crap--
Them: Ok, i'm going to get you to ping us. If you get a reply it means our end is working and it's something else to do with your computer.
me: ok
Them: Ok, ping 127.0.0.1
Me: I got a reply
Them: The problem is your end and nothing to do with our internet, bye
*click*
Me: but....
They didnt......

Did they ?

hahahaha

Usually they put the phone down on me while in mid sentence

Vaio
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 02:32   #29
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by w2k
Plusnet

I've been with them for a while now, and the service is genrally very good, they do have there problems but who doesnt.

There customer support is also great

Persoanlly I wouldnt touch freeserve or BT.
this speaks the truth

LISTEN!!!
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote