User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2006, 17:40   #1
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Question [jobs] Cisco/MS Certification

So i'm thinking I should get one or both of these ,as there's a shedload of jobs asking for them at 35k+ wages, which I really wouldn't mind.

But they don't seem cheap.

Do people think they are worth the investment ?
I know the cisco stuff you have to re-test every 3 years. And the MS stuff isn't rated that great but I feel i could do with something more to help me along job-wise.

Are there other certifcations I should consider ?

My background is Software engineering, 2 years web dev/it support experience.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 00:37   #2
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice
Re: [jobs] Cisco/MS Certification

Well if you do not have any papers to show for your knowledge, then certifications are great. As they show the employer that you know at least the minimum requirements for those tests. I have not looked into the MSCE or anything like that, but the Cisco one is a pain in the ass. Make sure you can figure out subnets quickly
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 14:10   #3
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

the cisco one isnt hard, well the first 2 of them for beeing ccna intro
i am still visiting a school and there we can take the two first cisco,
and one ms ( i think the win XP ) for 30€ each cisco test and 300€ for the microsoft test, this is REALLY cheap.
i think it costs up to 5 times normally, perhaps you can manage to get in such a "school" test...

the ms certification also gives the company some advantages with every certified worker they can get better msdn packages or cheaper prices.
it is a kind of a score system the higher the certification the more points you are worth, and every produkt needs a basic nummber of points...
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 13:39   #4
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Well if you do not have any papers to show for your knowledge, then certifications are great. As they show the employer that you know at least the minimum requirements for those tests. I have not looked into the MSCE or anything like that, but the Cisco one is a pain in the ass. Make sure you can figure out subnets quickly

on the other hands, u can find 95% of the examns on the internet