User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:47   #1
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Ziks stealing dead ships?

http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=3919

Does this brep strike anyone else as being slightly odd? Were those drakes not to land i would have stolen all of the defending CR and at the cost of 50 less buccaneers. What then are my buccaneers trying to steal? The dead ships? Attempting to steal dead ships and failing, what then if i had sent 1000 buccaneers? Would they all suffer the same odd fate? Slightly confused, help! :crymeariver:

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:52   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Ziks stealing dead ships?

More to the point, why are you attacking planets that small anyway?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:53   #3
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

To steal cath ships?

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:57   #4
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

337 Buccaneer (5.6M) will steal: 280 Widowmaker (7.3M)C, 324 Tarantula (9.1M)C, 312 Roach (8.7M)C, 247 Hornet (8.2M)C.

And since you will lose up to 1:1 value (rounded down to the nearest ships), you will lose up to 56.3k value in Buccaneers with what you stole and you only lost 55.6k, so made a profit of a whopping 700 value. Best case scenario you would have lost the same amount of Buccaneers (again all 337) for 86k value of stolen CR, thus you can blame the Drakes for making your steal less profitable :-).
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 16:04   #5
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

As i have already explained in #support there is no error in this br,
have a look here: http://bcalc.lch-hq.org/?id=466784758647461172069737
even if it is a third party tool, you can see step by step combat.
and as wandows explaind the drakes fire first then the buccs, and you lose 1:1 value
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 16:14   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
To steal cath ships?
And that is why the game is screwed.
Game mechanics allow for unskilled players to bash tiny planets (planets who we need to grow to stay in the game), and players willing to bash on the bash line. XP was sposed to sort this problem out. Especially with zik sjips dying.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 16:14   #7
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

what i still dont understand is why that if the drakes werent there, i would have stolen more yet lost the same?

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 16:27   #8
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

you would steal what you can steal, determined what damage your buccs are doin. then the game engine looks up the value stolen and then kills your buccs on a 1:1 ratio.
there should be around 406 ships be killed
as you had only 337 there you are a lucky - lukeylove
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 17:06   #9
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Stealing is bad

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 12:25   #10
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And that is why the game is screwed.
Game mechanics allow for unskilled players to bash tiny planets (planets who we need to grow to stay in the game), and players willing to bash on the bash line. XP was sposed to sort this problem out. Especially with zik sjips dying.
If he wants to go around stealing smaller players ships, thats his prerogative. Im sick of everyone preaching about right and wrong, when half of you are as corrupt as the next guy. Give it a rest, ffs.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 12:28   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
what i still dont understand is why that if the drakes werent there, i would have stolen more yet lost the same?
This is because the drakes shoot at your bucs before they get chance to steal. hence u losing "X" amount of bucs. meaning there is only 339-"X" Bucs left to steal his widowmakers. If the drakes wernt there, you would have 339 Bucs left to steal his widowmakers
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 14:00   #12
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

@ Veil05. The round 20 stats are located here, i suggest you read/memorize em.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 14:16   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
This is because the drakes shoot at your bucs before they get chance to steal. hence u losing "X" amount of bucs. meaning there is only 339-"X" Bucs left to steal his widowmakers. If the drakes wernt there, you would have 339 Bucs left to steal his widowmakers
Buccaneer is a ****ing destroyer.
Drake is a ****ing destroyer.
Drake shoots at cruisers.
Buccaneer isn't a cruiser.
Drake doesn't shoot at buccaneers.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 14:26   #14
Veil05
NE

Oh yeah. taxi for Veil.

Nevermind, one day ill be as cool as u. i can only dream of such things.
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 23:11   #15
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

LukeyLove, bethween the flames, did you get a satisfactory answer?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 10:35   #16
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

today i woke and sent def
some terran sent all de/cr/bs
as de was covered i send my de to stop the pods and thought omg could be a noob send bucs too
prepared my 500 bucs but figured lets see how much i lose
i figured out if i send 350 bucs i steal same ammount of ship as if i send 500 but if i send 500 i lose all 500

so you need to calc
i hardly ever used a calc but seems ill have to start doing it

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote