User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 07:18   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

I've been messing around with some stats for the free round, and this is pretty close to what will go into the beta later today.

Anywhere the excel sheet says 'Sub', read 'Steal'. It's that way so it'll parse into the bcalc.

There are some things I'm not happy with. I don't think the races are balanced at the moment (I'd love to hear some comments on this, particularly which races you think are favored and why).

I also don't like the way Zik looks at the moment. Zik FR sucks because of the Corsair. I have tentative plans to change the Corsair to normal and the Rogue to steal (something needs to be done for the rogue regardless). Oh, and I forgot to change the cost/armor/damage on the Privateer down to FR level (it was DE in the last iteration), so ignore that.

Again, I'd love to hear from you. If not here, then in #beta (no key/invite needed). However, if you want to be taken seriously, please read this:

REQUIREMENTS TO BE HEARD
READ THIS BEFORE YOU REPLY
OR I WILL PROBABLY IGNORE YOU

There is a minimum level of entry to be heard, but not to speak. Since at0mic.c0w keeps a tight ship (and doesn't like me much ), I'm going to try to keep everything as civil and nice as possible, however, I ask a few things in return.

Reasoning and arguments
If you post 'Ship X sucks, give Race Y more Z', I will ignore you. Please post a modicum of reasoning behind your points.

Include relevant battlereports!
Pastes of relevant battlereports would be very much appreciated. This goes hand in hand with the previous point. If you can't find a good example of your point, you may not have one.

What race do you usually play?
For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I usually play whatever race is worst, I invariably pick the race that looks the most tempting for clever ideas that are actually bad. I have played all 4 races, but some more than others.
Or:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnExample
I'm a steadfast Terran player, I like the simplicity of that race.
Or:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherExample
I'm all about EMP, so I've played Cathaar mostly. But I did try Zik in round 12 because Subversion looked very good.
The general idea is to share what paradigm you're in. Not let people claim bias, but let them gain your perspective.

Give alternatives
You'll be taken more seriously if you give well-considered alternatives to the problem situation. Refer back to the point about Reasoning and arguments when presenting these.

Make sure you've read the entire thread
Has something been said already? You may want to post in support of a previous argument rather than post blind to arguments already presented.

A short alliance history
Obviously if this is in your sig, you don't need to post it. For me it's something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I've been played in all sorts of alliances, in all sorts of roles; from peon in winning alliances, to HC in failing alliances and quite a few in between. I've worked as a BC in round 6 and some in round 7, in addition to round 12. Among the alliances I've been in are: AIM, nos, Discordium, Deus, Omega Agency, RaH and 1up.
Again, this is to gauge perspective. I will not automatically write off anyone for their alliance history, nor should anyone else. I ask at0mic.c0w/Sovereign to intervene if this becomes an e-penis race. Even if you know that I know you, please state these things for the benefit of others.

--

I haven't spent nearly as much time on this set as I did with the other by the time it went into beta. I'm hoping it's not too shabby, but I'm sure you can poke some holes in it
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote