User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Aug 2007, 15:03   #1
carld

carld is on a distinguished road
Update your Advertising much?

Soooo... who's in charge of making your online advertisement banners? Might wanna light a fire under someone's ass... and since you can't post a URL until you've made 15 posts... well, you can take the space out after the http once you paste it into your browser.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rionAdvert.png

Last edited by furball; 30 Aug 2007 at 17:12. Reason: url fixed
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 15:05   #2
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about
Re: Update your Advertising much?

I'm sure it will be updated to 5 in time for the 6th to come along.

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 17:39   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

we're all well aware of that, just waiting for Jolt to update it.
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 01:45   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Time for a "Banner Competition" I'd say...
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 02:14   #5
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
we're all well aware of that, just waiting for Jolt to update it.
I sure hope that the right requisition forms were used and that the request was submitted on the proper day in the proper place. Otherwise it could take a few more rounds.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 05:38   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

oh crap.. it might have been on the wrong day!
kidding.. i'm sure it's being taken care of.. just be patient
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 18:03   #7
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

Ad banner was updated earlier today.
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 18:20   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Link to the banner.

Unread 31 Aug 2007, 18:22   #9
Aryn
Happy

\o/
told you it was getting done
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 21:00   #10
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Hundreds of Alliances?? Thats a bit of an exageration
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 21:04   #11
Aryn
Happy

lots of people have unofficial alliances..
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 21:58   #12
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Advertising is all about exaggeration, so of course PA has 100s of allies, 10s of thousands of players, and HUGE prizes for winning each round! \o/

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 22:00   #13
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

thats actually false advertising and illegal...
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2007, 22:15   #14
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, purely by game definition it is not. Most rounds we've ended with over 100 active alliance tags if i'm not mistaken (and even more alliance tags have existed over the course of a round). Sure, only a handfull of them have any meaning game wise, but technically it is correct :-)
Unread 1 Sep 2007, 05:23   #15
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
thats actually false advertising and illegal...
This shows how little you know about advertising. Everything I stated is all in fact true, from a certain point of view. PA has had 100s of allies, certainly more then 10k members and T-shirts of very large sizes as prizes. All of which could be interpreted as what I said. Rather flimsy yes, but technically within the limits of advertising.....

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2007, 05:39   #16
Aryn
Happy

ok, i took your criticism and i was prepared to argue that if you count all the galaxy alliances and cluster alliances and bg's and pacts between friends, i'm sure the alliances in pa are in the hundreds. BUT i respect what you had to say and so i changed the wording to say 'scores of alliances' so i hope that sits better. 'lots of alliances' just doesn't have a good ring to it :\

the banner that's in rotation hasn't been replaced yet but i've sent the image to biffy to get sorted when he can. so prolly give it a day or so. thanks again for the feedback.