User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:42   #1
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about
The best Alliance(s) this round

Who do you think are the best/most respected/worst/least respected alliances this round.

I think Phraktos are the best alliance this round, because they are new this round, they had lost a few HC's but managed to carry on, and infact become alot more organised/better/stronger than before, and is still getting even better due to the new HC take over and BC/DC structure.

I respect Vision the most because imho they seemed to fight alot harder than elysium, there organisation must of been brilliant and tbh i no way in a million years would of thought Vision could fight the way they did, even though they lost the round they fighted to the end, elysium did also but as i believe they gave up to early, even when elysium seemed to stop attacking Vision carried on until they literaly got exhausted and realised the big gals was to big to take and they might as well just give up (or am i wrong)? but still i respect you, to me you was the best alliance in your block, well done.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:46   #2
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The best Alliance(s) this round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs
Who do you think are the best/most respected/worst/least respected alliances this round.

I think Phraktos are the best alliance this round, because they are new this round, they had lost a few HC's but managed to carry on, and infact become alot more organised/better/stronger than before, and is still getting even better due to the new HC take over and BC/DC structure.

I respect Vision the most because imho they seemed to fight alot harder than elysium, there organisation must of been brilliant and tbh i no way in a million years would of thought Vision could fight the way they did, even though they lost the round they fighted to the end, elysium did also but as i believe they gave up to early, even when elysium seemed to stop attacking Vision carried on until they literaly got exhausted and realised the big gals was to big to take and they might as well just give up (or am i wrong)? but still i respect you, to me you was the best alliance in your block, well done.
How on earth can you suggest any of the mpfw block are the best alliance - they simply have not been stretched in any way this round and you cannot therefore give an accurate representation of thier abilities when under fire.

I do not mean this as a criticsm of mpfw but there isn't a real way to determine how effective each alliance is (during this roun dI may add) until thier defences/moral/ability to fight back without overwhelming numbers have been tested.

I applaud anyone who isn't mpfw - you have fought like heroes (for the most part - I know there are crap shipjumpers/quitters etc) under incredibly diffcult circumstances.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:52   #3
Anaram

Anaram is infamous around these partsAnaram is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
How on earth can you suggest any of the mpfw block are the best alliance - they simply have not been stretched in any way this round and you cannot therefore give an accurate representation of thier abilities when under fire.

I do not mean this as a criticsm of mpfw but there isn't a real way to determine how effective each alliance is (during this roun dI may add) until thier defences/moral/ability to fight back without overwhelming numbers have been tested.

I applaud anyone who isn't mpfw - you have fought like heroes (for the most part - I know there are crap shipjumpers/quitters etc) under incredibly diffcult circumstances.
I will have to agree with this, and add that this appears to be the case almost always with the first blockfight of a round - one block has clearly superior numbers. During rounds which have seen second or even third fight, there has occasionally been 'real' tests for alliances.

During a round like this, you could evaluate an alliance by their abilities to keep all members active, cover attacks with multiple waves etc. (EDIT: I don't mean coverings incomings, I mean geting one's own attacks covered)
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:04   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
By your logic though mazz, the alliances would need to be in a losing position, or a position where they were under constant fire, to be truly "stretched". And a good alliance will do their best to not be in that position.

I don't really know who the "best" alliance is. I am MISTU, so nominating my own alliance would be quite biased. Pity we had two-thirds the members of most other alliances though. Quality not Quantity though, right?
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:20   #5
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
By your logic though mazz, the alliances would need to be in a losing position, or a position where they were under constant fire, to be truly "stretched". And a good alliance will do their best to not be in that position.

I don't really know who the "best" alliance is. I am MISTU, so nominating my own alliance would be quite biased. Pity we had two-thirds the members of most other alliances though. Quality not Quantity though, right?
not really

I use the example of Eclipse mainly due to having had experience of it. In round 10 Eclipse came under massive amounts of fire from FAnG etc and managed to beat them to the finish line. It is this sort of situation I am talking about. Although Eclipse finished among the top alliances of Round 10 then showed spirit when under heavy fire throughout the round and in no way were in the position FAnG currently find themselves in.

I also point you towards FLVT to a lesser extent in round 6 although thier respite mainly came from the breakup of FoS/XETA.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 13:12   #6
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
not really

I use the example of Eclipse mainly due to having had experience of it. In round 10 Eclipse came under massive amounts of fire from FAnG etc and managed to beat them to the finish line. It is this sort of situation I am talking about. Although Eclipse finished among the top alliances of Round 10 then showed spirit when under heavy fire throughout the round and in no way were in the position FAnG currently find themselves in.

I also point you towards FLVT to a lesser extent in round 6 although thier respite mainly came from the breakup of FoS/XETA.

euh??
wasnt it the otherway around?
wasnt it EET that was the big block
taking on FAnG with massive amounts of fleet and different tactics everyday??

FAnG fought their arse of to defend against this massive block and they succeeded in a great part. until the unfortunate end.
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 13:21   #7
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

And about the best and worst alliance

I dunno... tend to agree with heartless

Vision is playing a great round.
And mistu has a bunch of great ppl
who did an excellent job in keeping the alliance running in hard times

About the worst alliance I got notthing to say.
Dont wanna lower myself to ad standards to flame other alliance for the stupid mistakes they made or how bad they are
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 13:36   #8
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
euh??
wasnt it the otherway around?
wasnt it EET that was the big block
taking on FAnG with massive amounts of fleet and different tactics everyday??

FAnG fought their arse of to defend against this massive block and they succeeded in a great part. until the unfortunate end.
you see - your denial of everything is so ingrained it's frightening

at no point did I say you were the bigger block, I said you were at the top (ie #1 alliance) and you were causing eclipse all kinds of trouble until eclipse got themselves together.

the situation I was mainly referring to was that Eclipse was under very heavy fire to start with and turned it round through ameasure of skill, dedication, tactis and sodding hard work

I'd try, just for a while, not see see every post mentioning the word FAnG as a flame. I think if you'd bothered to read it properly then you would have seen the subtle compliment on the start fang made to round 10.

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:23   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

no surprise for me that people name vision. as i said very often, most underestimanted power - in every round they played.

and they have balls others dont have.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:49   #10
Krush[Phraktos]

Krush[Phraktos] is an unknown quantity at this point

yah I think we've done it pretteh well so far dogs O_o

we might have had a slightly political advantage compared to the 'non-fpm', but then again, isn't the game about politics as well?

The two alliances with the most balls must be vgn and vision O_o
Krush[Phraktos] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:54   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

hmm I vote for Vision, NoS, FAnG

Vision becuase they fight hard and allways seem to amange to defend against me.

NoS becuase I left them for dead before this round and they have bounced back nicly.

FAnG becuase they have been the #1 alliance for the whole round and there has to this point never been a serious threat to that.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:59   #12
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
hmm I vote for Vision, NoS, FAnG

FAnG becuase they have been the #1 alliance for the whole round and there has to this point never been a serious threat to that.
Surely being in that position is something that quantifies how good an alliance you are?

I do not disregard FAnG's attacking ability in any way - their universe position speaks for itsself, but as yet I have seen no-one put them under any pressure to test the mettle so to speak of thier ability to hold together when things become tough.

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:21   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Surely being in that position is something that quantifies how good an alliance you are?

I do not disregard FAnG's attacking ability in any way - their universe position speaks for itsself, but as yet I have seen no-one put them under any pressure to test the mettle so to speak of thier ability to hold together when things become tough.

well politcal ability, attacking ability etc are all par tof what makes an alliance good

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:01   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
well politcal ability, attacking ability etc are all par tof what makes an alliance good
Exactly my point. No-one can't doubt the FAnG of this round in those areas, but as you say they are "part of what makes an alliances good" and as yet I have to see any other parts proven. Not through any fault of thier own I may add, but siply because this is a game of numbers and MPF have, without any doubt whatsoever, the numbers on thier side meaning that at no point will these other areas be tested.

Quote:

Last edited by mazzelaar; 26 Apr 2004 at 18:04. Reason: Typo
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:26   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Exactly my point. No-one can't doubt the FAnG of this round in those areas, but as you say they are "part of what makes an alliances good" and as yet I have to see any other parts proven. Not through any fault of thier own I may add, but siply because this is a game of numbers and MPF have, without any doubt whatsoever, the numbers on thier side meaning that at no point will these other areas be tested.
hence why i gave 3 answers 3 different reasons

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:43   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

we have not been stretched this round, I agree. The question however was, what alliance the best alliance this round. According to ingame ranks, FAnG. I mean, sure you can say 500 reasons why we suck etc, but in the end we're #1 atm.

The Irakese pple didn't win their war either did they? Alot of pple might sympathise them, but America won, Not Irak.

simple really.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:25   #17
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
we have not been stretched this round, I agree. The question however was, what alliance the best alliance this round. According to ingame ranks, FAnG. I mean, sure you can say 500 reasons why we suck etc, but in the end we're #1 atm.
You miss the point entirely. The topic was which alliance was the best/has impressed the most - not which alliance has the most score. If the topic was purely about score then it would be a totally pointless thread - as the universe list tells us that, and the answer's FAng. If you want to argue how FAng has been the best alliance this roun, you can't base it on score - as if score were what counted the topic starter wouldn't have been asking a question in the first place.

In response to your answer to my post, yes - to a large extent I agree with you. FAng has the least reason of any of MFP to split up the block. You've been honest enough to admit that #1 in the ingame alliance rankings matters far more to you than having fun, being respected etc. I think there's every chance you'll achieve your objectives - you'll be #1 in ingame alliance rankings at end of round, but noone will respect you as an alliance and your members won't feel like they've had any challenge/fun. If that's a price you and your members feel is worth paying then you've chosen precisely the best path to achieve your goals.

What is less clear to me is what Phraktos are up to. I can (just about) understand why FAngers will sacrifice fun/challenge/respect for #1 alliance ranking. But to do it for #2 ranking?
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:34   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You miss the point entirely. The topic was which alliance was the best/has impressed the most - not which alliance has the most score. If the topic was purely about score then it would be a totally pointless thread - as the universe list tells us that, and the answer's FAng. If you want to argue how FAng has been the best alliance this roun, you can't base it on score - as if score were what counted the topic starter wouldn't have been asking a question in the first place.

In response to your answer to my post, yes - to a large extent I agree with you. FAng has the least reason of any of MFP to split up the block. You've been honest enough to admit that #1 in the ingame alliance rankings matters far more to you than having fun, being respected etc. I think there's every chance you'll achieve your objectives - you'll be #1 in ingame alliance rankings at end of round, but noone will respect you as an alliance and your members won't feel like they've had any challenge/fun. If that's a price you and your members feel is worth paying then you've chosen precisely the best path to achieve your goals.

What is less clear to me is what Phraktos are up to. I can (just about) understand why FAngers will sacrifice fun/challenge/respect for #1 alliance ranking. But to do it for #2 ranking?
It's not about mission the point tbh. The question was: what is the best alliance of the round. According to what pple (and thus me aswell) rank alliances on, it's roids, score, avg score, politics, attacks, ...

On all of those areas, we simply score highest (atm) so for me that's enough to claim whatI did.

I wanna reply on the things you wrote about sacrefizing fun. I can't ofc speak for any other player, but I for one had more fun this round then I had in r8 and 9 added together. It's personal ofc, but I just love my time atm and our #1 is partly the reason of that, amongst many other things.

I wouldn't say we throw away all the fun to end first. You cannot deny that being a top player and having a nice fleet and nice roids doesn't bring you fun. It's not the ONLY parameter of fun, which is higly subjective nway, but it are some. I for one don't give the slightest bit about my planet or the game. I enjoy far more about alliances, politics, etc. So I personally don't mind not having a decent target in a week or never bothering checking whether I have incomings or not ...

This is just personal though, I'm sure other pple have other standards to measure fun with.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:52   #19
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
what about r5. wasnt fury in the same position as phraktos is?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:55   #20
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Dunno why Vision's determination should surprise anyone after what happened to their allies (well VMM at least...) in R9....can't speak for this round though
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:47   #21
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

i vote Vision

Vision - Always seem to be active enough and still dedicated even when losing to organise defence and attacks

was originally voting Newdawn, then forgot that they have managed to get away without being bashed down to nothingness due to managing to fencesit at the start until the war got too tough

Last edited by Illogical; 26 Apr 2004 at 18:00.
Illogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 21:06   #22
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illogical

was originally voting Newdawn, then forgot that they have managed to get away without being bashed down to nothingness due to managing to fencesit at the start until the war got too tough
crap
but np if it's coming from u
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:03   #23
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have to disagree completely here. You can't claim they managed to 'carry on' when all they had to do was keep hold of their already significant advantage with the help of existing allies. They haven't been stretched by co-ordinated incoming since basically the first week or two of the round. Their IRC activity has dropped to about half of what it was at the start of the round (from average ~60 online users to ~35).
I think the main achievement you can be credited for lately was dissuading fang from taking advantage of your internal command issues.

Quote:
I respect Vision...
Now here I agree. Vision have been into this round from day 1, always taking the most targets and hitting the enemy hardest. I have nothing but respect for their dedication displayed this round. And yes, they have done better than Ely.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:26   #24
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd also rate Vision as the alliance that has most impressed me this round. At start of round I'd expected them to be the weak link in the ELV group - but they've proved to be the strongest link. Elysium have, frankly, disappointed. LCH have never struck me as totally committed to the war.

Fang/Mistu/Phraktos have never yet had the chance to demonstrate how impressive they are/aren't this round - largely through no fault of their own as the expected opposition never really lived up to it's advance billing. Mistu, as the smaller of the three, have no real option but to play second-fiddle to one of the others - and it seems they've decided to let Fang set their political agenda. What surprised me most about FMP is that Phraktos apparently show no desire to finish #1 alliance in the rankings - I'd thought they were more ambitious than to settle for an uncontested 2nd place.

Needless to say, Wolfpack haven't impressed at all. Their HC seem more divided, unambitious and inactive than I'd have expected. Now they have the chance to show what they're really like - I hope their members are of a higher quality than their HC or they'll be dead in a few days (other than those in MFP galaxies who defect/go temporarily inactive to save their skins).

Whether the round gets interesting now depends mainly on Phraktos - do their HC (whatever's left of it) have the courage to try for #1 spot? Either by openly breaking with Fang/Mistu or even by temporarily ordering their members not to defend in-galaxy if there's no inbound on the Phraktos while they decide what they're doing politically. Frankly I doubt Phraktos HC have the ambition or courage to take advantage of the opportunity presented to them - but I'd love to be proved wrong. Such a fight would guarantee that whichever of PH/Fang finished #1 (and one of them still would) would actually have earned the place fairly and squarely - through skill not just sheer weight of numbers - but I think we have 1 alliance (fang) who want #1 at any cost, and 2 more (phraktos/mistu) who would settle for safe 2nd/3rd spot respectively. Mistu i can't really blame - they don't have the number (or quality) of members to do better, but it seems defeatist of Phraktos to me.

ND also deserve a mention - after their early round fence-sitting they've put up a decent fight. No other alliances have really impressed me.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:53   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I'd also rate Vision as the alliance that has most impressed me this round. At start of round I'd expected them to be the weak link in the ELV group - but they've proved to be the strongest link. Elysium have, frankly, disappointed. LCH have never struck me as totally committed to the war.

Fang/Mistu/Phraktos have never yet had the chance to demonstrate how impressive they are/aren't this round - largely through no fault of their own as the expected opposition never really lived up to it's advance billing. Mistu, as the smaller of the three, have no real option but to play second-fiddle to one of the others - and it seems they've decided to let Fang set their political agenda. What surprised me most about FMP is that Phraktos apparently show no desire to finish #1 alliance in the rankings - I'd thought they were more ambitious than to settle for an uncontested 2nd place.

Needless to say, Wolfpack haven't impressed at all. Their HC seem more divided, unambitious and inactive than I'd have expected. Now they have the chance to show what they're really like - I hope their members are of a higher quality than their HC or they'll be dead in a few days (other than those in MFP galaxies who defect/go temporarily inactive to save their skins).

Whether the round gets interesting now depends mainly on Phraktos - do their HC (whatever's left of it) have the courage to try for #1 spot? Either by openly breaking with Fang/Mistu or even by temporarily ordering their members not to defend in-galaxy if there's no inbound on the Phraktos while they decide what they're doing politically. Frankly I doubt Phraktos HC have the ambition or courage to take advantage of the opportunity presented to them - but I'd love to be proved wrong. Such a fight would guarantee that whichever of PH/Fang finished #1 (and one of them still would) would actually have earned the place fairly and squarely - through skill not just sheer weight of numbers - but I think we have 1 alliance (fang) who want #1 at any cost, and 2 more (phraktos/mistu) who would settle for safe 2nd/3rd spot respectively. Mistu i can't really blame - they don't have the number (or quality) of members to do better, but it seems defeatist of Phraktos to me.

ND also deserve a mention - after their early round fence-sitting they've put up a decent fight. No other alliances have really impressed me.
you got a good point there. I've talked to some of your former collegues, like Germania, who were in a comparable situation. When you are at the top position and wanna finish first (which I don't deny we wanna) then I only see downsides to backstabbing an ally which could risk us our rank. I might sound selfish (hey, I'm called selfish for years now nway) but it's the truth.

It's not utpo FanG to act really. We concentrate on every target which is not FMP. If phraktos or MISTU wish to end their relations with us, then that's another scenario though.

I mean, would WEET have broken up if WP didn't break the agreement? I'm sure you can all say "yes we would" but fact is nobody really knows.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:31   #26
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
*snip*
I too think vision earns a lot of respect, they are a very good group of ppl.

Don't really agree with you on you remarks about ely and lch.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:36   #27
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply your "#1 rankings" theory to your "Irakese" analogy - then the United States is the best and most impressive country in the world.

While I might agree, it isnt so cut and dry.

The number one alliance in Planetarion has tradtionally taken advantage of opportunites presented them on both militaristic and political levels - FAnG had the oppotunity to join en mass with other similar large groups and seized that opportunity. Like it or not, the all-too-common argument that says FAnG is a superior alliance because it tops the rankings holds no water. You are on top of the rankings because no other 99 member alliance had the opportunity, the motivation, or any reason whatsoever to create a huge 'superblock' at the beginning of the round.

Hardly impressive.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:49   #28
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
If you apply your "#1 rankings" theory to your "Irakese" analogy - then the United States is the best and most impressive country in the world.

While I might agree, it isnt so cut and dry.

The number one alliance in Planetarion has tradtionally taken advantage of opportunites presented them on both militaristic and political levels - FAnG had the oppotunity to join en mass with other similar large groups and seized that opportunity. Like it or not, the all-too-common argument that says FAnG is a superior alliance because it tops the rankings holds no water. You are on top of the rankings because no other 99 member alliance had the opportunity, the motivation, or any reason whatsoever to create a huge 'superblock' at the beginning of the round.

Hardly impressive.
I don't really play to impress you. Whether we had a chance to prove ourself or not, isn't our fault. I think the blame lies more with the enemies then with FAnG.

And I know the analogy with Irak is different (as it is real life), but it was to prove my point that everyone hates america now for what they did in Irak (which was no challenge at all either), nonetheless you cannot dispute that they are the most powerfull country atm. That was the point I tried to prove.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:14   #29
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Is the round already over or why are ppl already smoking the fat lady ?
I for one, and im sure the majority of players agree, hope that the blocks split up and we see who the best of the best is on the final race for the cup.

If they dont, we dont need a best of the best since there was no opposition or any major fight involved.
This conclusion is drawn from the current situation, none of the mpf block had atleast any noteworthy opposion or constant incomings, admitted by their own members and command before someone attempts to fame that statement.

So start kicking the $h1t before you pat yourself on the back.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:16   #30
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Is the round already over or why are ppl already smoking the fat lady ?
I for one, and im sure the majority of players agree, hope that the blocks split up and we see who the best of the best is on the final race for the cup.
Simply not going to happen. Each one is far too scared of the other one taking their roids.

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:35   #31
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Most respected: Vision
Least respected: FAnG
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:45   #32
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
Most respected: Vision
Least respected: FAnG
FAnG aint as bas as WP, they havent really backstabbed anyone, WP are the ones going around looking for allies to attack FAnG not other way around
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 18:47   #33
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

back on the topic

best: Vision, show of dedication and stamina

worst: Fang, "pa first no winning at all costs" slogans seem now so shallow and hillarious

comedy option: Eclipse, atleast we didnt pay for this misery.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:06   #34
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say, that from the FAnG members I've talked to, I seem to be having far more fun than they are (including various comments like 'this round suxx... Sooo boring' or similar), and I believe this is thanks to ND. We took a while as major targets for FPM (I've had 92 incoming hostile fleets, and most of those I've had confirmed as FPM ).

VsN seem to be well respected as well, and NoS seem to have done well with an excellent average score for their size.

I also give respect to Valhalla for seeming to take in a lot of new players, giving them a chance to learn the game with the support of a decent-sized alliance, pld to 'em

However, I'm an uninformed pe0n, so don't mind me
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:13   #35
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but Shish is pathetic.

I don't care if they're a joke alliance, or a real one. Its just bad.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:55   #36
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

i certainly do know that weet would have broken up
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:07   #37
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone is going to vote for their alliance so uve just made a poll to see which alliance has the most members :/
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:27   #38
The-Matrix
Shark

The-Matrix is an unknown quantity at this point

no one the winning alliances had it easy and the ones on the losing side haven't done anything my top10 gal have had a gal attack once this round and i think that was all covered in about half an hour very dull indeed noone has impressed me at all.
Rd5 27:3:5 Jack Quinn of The Colony, Embrace Catastrophe 239th
Rd 6 2:1:2 Sauron of Mordor #202, Gal of the Rings 33rd
Rd 7 31:1:2 James Bond of her majasties secret service , The Sharks 190th
Rd 8 4:5:7 Destination Unknown of Journey to Nowhere #152nd, Somewhere........ 55th
The-Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 20:28   #39
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Matrix
no one the winning alliances had it easy and the ones on the losing side haven't done anything my top10 gal have had a gal attack once this round and i think that was all covered in about half an hour very dull indeed noone has impressed me at all.
big boy

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 06:49   #40
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
everyone is going to vote for their alliance so uve just made a poll to see which alliance has the most members :/
Sid is vision \o/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 21:25   #41
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

My vote goes to Vision, they've seemed to hold it together really well during the whole round, and from what I can see they're still one of the alliances that contributes the most to the war against fmp. GG Vision.

As for ND fencesitting in the beginning, that must've been the protection period :/. Granted we didn't side with ELV at first and it took us longer than it should have to throw our support to them, but we still had our share of incs from fmp.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:03   #42
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

What is this ND fence sitting stuff?

I just have absolutely no idea where its coming from.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:16   #43
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
What is this ND fence sitting stuff?

I just have absolutely no idea where its coming from.
Hmm, i could be being unfair. My understanding was that, for a while, ND were napped to mfp/w - and actually had access to some shared channel to arrange recalls etc. If that information in untrue then please accept my apologies - as you'll appreciate i'm ab it out of the loop on politics

Getting back to the issue of "best" alliance, maybe an analogy would be apt. Think of this round as a football match with 2 teams - and best alliance as a "Man of the Match" award. Man of the Match award generally go to someone on the winning team - but that is not always the case where exceptional skill has been shown by someone on the losing side. In this instance the MFP "team" fielded a normal football team - only to find out their opponents thought they were playing 5-a-side. The result, therefore, was a foregone conclusion. To insist the man of the match award MUST go to someone on the winning side, in such a situation, would be perverse.

Of course it's now half-time with the MFP team well ahead. What remains to be seen is whether the 2nd half will retain the same odds, or whether some transferring of players will happen so everyone can actually have a game of football.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:20   #44
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Apology accepted.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:21   #45
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

can I add not to count WP with fmp? For one, we never were allied and infact we are actively hitting WP atm, looking at their roidcount which has only dropped the past few days and the gap between MISTU and WP kinda got halved.

so plz leave W from the blockname, as they never were a partner of FAnG

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:30   #46
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
can I add not to count WP with fmp? For one, we never were allied and infact we are actively hitting WP atm, looking at their roidcount which has only dropped the past few days and the gap between MISTU and WP kinda got halved.

so plz leave W from the blockname, as they never were a partner of FAnG

rgds Kj
Why were we constantly told to recall from your planets then?

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:33   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
for fun?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:38   #48
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
for fun?
That would be it, I guess I missed out :/

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:37   #49
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
heh, you're stupid if you did then

I never recalled when a WP begged to recall

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 22:41   #50
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
heh, you're stupid if you did then

I never recalled when a WP begged to recall

rgds Kj
I have to say, I'm only just realising HOW much of a twat you are. The members of your alliance have my condolences.