User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Mar 2003, 19:48   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
i need a mouse driver

for ms dos for my MS intelli Explorer mouse
can anyone help me? somehow nothing seems to work
im running windows XP but my mouse is not available from within an msdos program
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 19:49   #2
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
linux too (if poss)
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 19:49   #3
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
Have you got a mouse car?
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 20:02   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
according to the website

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/ie_req.asp

it no work in DOS

for linux try Google
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 20:25   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
it worked once a while ago, now i dont remember how
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:32   #6
wu_trax

is there any default-driver that works with every mouse? the keyboard doesnt work neither, really strange
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:53   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pretty much any PS2 mouse, no matter how many buttons/wheels/heat-sensitive-motion-detectors it has on it, will work as a 'normal' (ie up down left right and 2 buttons) mouse so any generic driver can be used for it which is fine for dos since when the last dos-only program was made a 3 button mouse was the height of technology and a scroll-wheel was a distant dream.

If it's USB then you're more into the realm of luck. If your BIOS supports Legacy USB (which basicly means making a USB keyboard and/or mouse appear to the system as if they were connected via PS2) then enable it and the mouse should work in dos with a generic driver (it can't be that hard to find a copy of Microsoft's one, mouse.com).

[edit]
If you're trying this in a windows 'dos box' (or in the case of 2k/XP, using NTVDM, the dos emulator Microsoft supplied), then the mouse should work if it works in windows (the driver is linked somehow).
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:00   #8
wu_trax

keyboard and mouse are both usb, but i put them on the ps/2-thingy. i guess the problem is something else: there is some sound-setup-program for the game i want to play. in that program everything works fine. but in the real installation program nothing works :/
i think ill just give up
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:18   #9
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
unless your machine is quite old, chances are that the dos program will run at 1000000mph. I cant play Theme Park anymore
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:23   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I have an old MS-dos mouse driver (it's no IntelliMouse Xplorer driver, but it has worked on my IME), originating to my 486er (wich hasn't existed in ages).

I have no clue how to transport it to you though. And Kumnaa's point is valid.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:27   #11
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
unless your machine is quite old, chances are that the dos program will run at 1000000mph. I cant play Theme Park anymore
i have a program to slow it down. its called 'turbo' maybe you can find it somewhere it worked perfectly, but now i dont even get that far
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:28   #12
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
I have an old MS-dos mouse driver (it's no IntelliMouse Xplorer driver, but it has worked on my IME), originating to my 486er (wich hasn't existed in ages).

I have no clue how to transport it to you though. And Kumnaa's point is valid.
i found that mouse.com-file somewhere on the web, still doesnt work. i guess no more winning ww2 for me
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:31   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
ok

well if a standard MS Dos Generic Mouse Driver will work

Then do this

im assuming your shelling into dos which means you must do this manually (joy)

1. download Cutemouse
2. when in dos type C:\mouse\mouse.com /sys C:\mouse\mouse.sys

If i remember rightly, as you cant load a config.sys or similar

any problems ask, and i ight be bothered to do it myself

and if your running a dos game from windows, it should wourk as the dos EMU puts that in, it could be something with the game, what is it?
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:55   #14
wu_trax

tryed, doesnt work
the game is 'panzer general', i felt like war games right now