User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 12:14   #1
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
Man Utd in Europe

Away to Juventus, they played magnificently, yet domestically, they can't seem to hit the same high standards. Is it because domestic teams have figured out how to play against them? or is it because the players are more motivated to play in the Champions League?

And why doesn't Fergie go for another striker to play alongside Rudd? Ok there's Ole, but look at Arsenal with Henry, Jeffers, Bergkamp, Kanu and Wiltord?
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 12:20   #2
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
What have I told you about football?
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 13:29   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
What have I told you about football?
Nobody gives a **** what you say tbph.

Forlan is back from injury now so that gives UTD another option upfront. Despite what people might say about Forlan from his first few games in the Premiership i think he has turned himself ruond into a decent player now.

I would expect Fergie to bring in another top class striker over the summer. There is a lot of speculation that it will be in some kind of part exchange with Inter for Giggs, meaning Man U get the Brazilian striker Adriano (think i've recalled the right name there, i could be wrong though), who is currently part owned by Inter and should be fully bought by them for £8 million in the summer.

Edit: Maybe Ronaldinho as well seeing as the PSG fans hate him!!!

Last edited by JC; 4 Mar 2003 at 13:50.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:49   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Juve werent up to full strength/fitness united didnt play all that well to win.

They will be knocked out of europe and come 3rd in the league.

Inshallah.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 15:48   #5
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
Since when was second place and a cup final not good enough?
For Man Utd? Since the start of the Premier league.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 16:05   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
We are playing well in the league. Since when was second place and a cup final not good enough?
For any other team that's a success, for us...

I guess now we gotta win Europe at OT

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 16:24   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If Manchester United don't win anything, it will be the first time they haven't won anything 2 seasons in succession for 15 years.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote