User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Nov 2005, 16:51   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Moving / Exiling Planets.

After last round, where there were accusations placed by some players that the PA Team helped to form the top galaxy (or galaxies), fewer administrators now have access to the ability to move or re-exile planets, as stated would happen at the end of last round.

Almost as a consquence of this, we almost never longer relocate people, no matter their request (including excessive amounts of previous exiling). A few people have felt unable to play after landing in over 10-15 galaxies in the bottom 20-30 galaxies out of the 200 in the universe available. The only thing we've re-exiled people for is landing in a galaxy they've already exiled to.

Basically, how much admin intervention do people think should be present for things like exiling? Although the current situation seems harsh, it's hard to draw the line if you start saying some things are more acceptable than others.

I know it's fairly easy to throw rocks at the exile system in general, but that aside :P
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 16:54   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Moving / Exiling Planets.

None at all. Everyone can gather up resources and selfexile, therefore it shouldnt be needed for the PA admins to intervene.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 16:54   #3
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

the exile system works fine as it is so no rockthrowing from me this time
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 17:00   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Only help people with dramatic heartbreaking stories like being exiled by mistake to a gal that theyve already been in.
And help people that have exiled a zillion times to a below average gal.

Theirs no need to ruin peoples round because 'thats how the system works'.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 17:03   #5
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Well I'm one of them and I can say quite bitter atm. Exiled 5 times so far including one of those ending up in the gal where I started.
I spent 10 mil resources worth untill now and it's getting more expensive everytime. I am saving up for my next jump, but about to give up b/c soon it will take me days or even a week b4 I can make a jump again. I can't contribute to my alliance at all spending all those resources on those jumps.
In the mean while I get random incoming after incoming putting a lot of strain on my alliance. Worst part is I won't be able to build ships b/c I need to save up resources for the next jump and who knows how many more jumps before ending up in a galaxy worth playing. I lose roids like mad for being an awesome target in an extremely inactive galaxy. I know everyone loses roids but as I said b4 soon I will be so low on roids I can never ever make another jump due to not getting any decent resource income and there is absolutely nothing I can do. In the end I will have to leave my alliance ingal tag b/c I will be dragging down the average. This ruins my fun in this game where I paid for.

Instead of the random factor having the bottom 25% on galaxies less then 14 planets atm takin into exiling account, why not go from top down of those 25% instead? Active galaxies are exiling continuous hoping to get an active planet. But what happends now is I keep ending up worse, and that is spoiling my fun and any chance on helping my alliance.

Last edited by Marinho; 25 Nov 2005 at 19:29.
Marinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:14   #6
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
None at all. Everyone can gather up resources and selfexile, therefore it shouldnt be needed for the PA admins to intervene.
HAHAHAHAHAH, sorry but that is just bs, you have any idea how expensive it becomes after a number of 'failed' attempts? Exiling is a self-fullfilling phrophecy of bad luck, land in a bad gal, get roided, save resources landed in a bad gal, get roided again and again, to a point where you have to save days to be able to exile again.

Been there myself, done that, untill after about 10-15 attempts Kal was nice enough to exile me to a reasonable gal ( between top70-90 iirc ), untill that time i had spent over half my playing time trying to save for exile, needless to say my round was pretty much ruined and wasted: this was 2 rounds ago though. I think after about 5-10 failed attempts where you obviously had extremely bad gals (non top100, as i consider those gals 'workable') its fair for a admin to intervene and atleast give the custemer (which it is :-) ) some value for its money.

[edit]
As i proposed in this thread i am much more in favour for a exile system that offers more chance on landing in a reasonably active gal
[/edit]
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 22:02   #7
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I can echo that. All I do atm is sit in dead gals watching total incoming.

I have pretty much never attacked, and only have 23 roids (yet still get incoming). I am top 500 on value, just from stealing noobs fleets.
The galaxies are dead and we cant even raise ministers. I have exiled 3 times, and never to a gal above rank 180.

TBH I dont see a point in the poll, game admins have already stated they believe if anyone exiles they 'are stupid'.

I have made several lengthy posts, that admins have posted in, and as soon as I post, they stop responding. In short, I am watching players leave the game a lot, and there is no benefits to even keeping these dead gals open.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 22:04   #8
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

For the record, every round pateam have closed galaxies that are at bottom and clearly dead, and put the people in them in c200 free to join a random galaxy when they log in. I see no reason why this shouldn't happen again.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 22:15   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
HAHAHAHAHAH, sorry but that is just bs, you have any idea how expensive it becomes after a number of 'failed' attempts? Exiling is a self-fullfilling phrophecy of bad luck, land in a bad gal, get roided, save resources landed in a bad gal, get roided again and again, to a point where you have to save days to be able to exile again.

Been there myself, done that, untill after about 10-15 attempts Kal was nice enough to exile me to a reasonable gal ( between top70-90 iirc ), untill that time i had spent over half my playing time trying to save for exile, needless to say my round was pretty much ruined and wasted: this was 2 rounds ago though. I think after about 5-10 failed attempts where you obviously had extremely bad gals (non top100, as i consider those gals 'workable') its fair for a admin to intervene and atleast give the custemer (which it is :-) ) some value for its money.

[edit]
As i proposed in this thread i am much more in favour for a exile system that offers more chance on landing in a reasonably active gal
[/edit]
True... There was a round (r13 I think) I exiled out of a galaxy that had broken apart into a really small gal. I exiled again and again and again.. I actually exiled 7 or 8 times (some of the times I actually got the gals itself to exile me because iirc we only had a limit number of self-exiles)) within 12 hours and every time I ended up in small gals. It was so bad that I actually made up well over 50% of the gals score sometimes. So I asked PA Team to do me an exile and I finally got a suitable gal. And no, it wasn't special threatment, they did it to others in same situation.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 22:18   #10
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
So I asked PA Team to do me an exile and I finally got a suitable gal. And no, it wasn't special threatment, they did it to others in same situation.

So they should. We pay for this game, only to land in galaxies that are unplayable.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 23:55   #11
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Agreed.

Its not always their fault for leaving their initial gal - everyone else can leave. Or the shuffle gal is dead from tick 36.

There has to be something done to help those who can't get into a gal.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 02:14   #12
Samandmel

Samandmel is on a distinguished road

If PA staff are going to exile people, then it must be more generaly known and not kept quite or only known to the few.

I have done that\been there etc and I didnt know that PA where moving people if asked and had good reasons. I was in same situation ie exiled x number of times and it was then a case of saving for days just to exile again.
Because I didnt know that PA could\would intervean I ended up just leaving till next round.

So if it is to be done, then it needs to be more adevertised that its a posiability, other wise its just an advantage for those who know "someone"
Samandmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 02:19   #13
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

its all about if you know the right ppl for get that kind of help

sadly :/
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 02:21   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandmel
If PA staff are going to exile people, then it must be more generaly known and not kept quite or only known to the few.

I have done that\been there etc and I didnt know that PA where moving people if asked and had good reasons. I was in same situation ie exiled x number of times and it was then a case of saving for days just to exile again.
Because I didnt know that PA could\would intervean I ended up just leaving till next round.

So if it is to be done, then it needs to be more adevertised that its a posiability, other wise its just an advantage for those who know "someone"
Those who "know someone"? Ok, I knew Kal from before, but I would ask for it anyway even if I didn't know anyone. Just ask, they can be quite helpful and understanding you know.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 02:51   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
The galaxies are dead and we cant even raise ministers. I have exiled 3 times, and never to a gal above rank 180.
My galaxy was ranked between 170 and 180 for a long stretch of the round, and we were still a highly effective group of players who stopped virtually all incs on our own through fleet swapping.

Just because the galaxy is ranked poorly, doesnt mean that it is a bad galaxy - what it does mean is they dont have enough active people in there to help them along. Which is kinda the point of sending exiled players to the bottom parts of hte universe - to make it more even.

Mind you, my galaxy might have just been an exception and not hte rule, but still...

Anyway, my point is that a 'good' galaxy depends on interpretation. To some, a 'Good' galaxy is any galaxy in the top 10, others its the top 50, top 100, or any galaxy that can function as an effective unit (like mine).

Also, i think exiled players should fill up the middle galaxy and work its way progressively outwards; cycling between the enxt available spot up and down, in the thread that Wandows mentioned above.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:42   #16
Forest

UN a fair point.

However, I made every effort to help the galaxies concerned.

In one galaxy I made 10 posts, about IRC, through to alliances, and fleet composition. I gave out my phone number and everything else I could possibly do.
What I found was:

1) No-one even bothered replying to gal forums.
2) As soon as any paid planet landed there, they exiled (so we had 30 mill res in the fund).
3) No alliances would accept players from my gal, and I can normally get ppl in somewhere.
4) Players were watching incominsg non-stop, thinking thats what pa is like, and quitting (testement was the 550 bs/cr I had incoming when I had 29 roids.
5) Only one other paid planet in the galaxy, and I couldn't get him on irc.

The gal was unplayable. It now costs me 15 mill res to exile and I have 23 roids. That means I am stuffed where I land (I did land ni an exil gal, but they banned me from gal room within one hour, and now are getting nicely roided).
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 09:44   #17
Forest

And again, I don't want to land in some super duper top galaxy. I just want one that is functioning, where I can interact with players on irc. That is what this game is about right?
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 12:22   #18
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinho
Instead of the random factor having the bottom 25% on galaxies less then 14 planets atm takin into exiling account, why not go from top down of those 25% instead? Active galaxies are exiling continuous hoping to get an active planet.
That's exactly what the current system is designed to prevent.

We don't want to go back to the days where all the active players end up in the top 5 galaxies and the rest of the universe is relegated to becoming a giant farm.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:49   #19
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And again, I don't want to land in some super duper top galaxy. I just want one that is functioning, where I can interact with players on irc. That is what this game is about right?
Did you think about a buddy pack?

I realise that Buddy Packs do not help new people joining the game tho, but surely anyone going random at the beginning of the round cannot complain about going random? If you want to be in an active "team" find some friends and setup a buddy pack. Our galaxy started like that so we have a core that formed the basis of the galaxy, a couple of good actives at the beginning and a couple that joined us along the way and you have a good active galaxy.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote