User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 16:08   #1
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
The time has come to move on

I'd often speculated what this thread may look like when it finally came, unfortunately I doubt it'll look nearly as grand as I imagined.

Those of you who pay attention to my presense, be it for positive or negative reasons, will have noticed that I have been absent from IRC recently. I don't wish to be badged as 'inactive', I made a concious decision to stop my presense on IRC, it was not a case that I couldn't be bothered.

In truth I have been enjoying this round immensely. I have had more incoming than any round I can remember and yet was only roided twice. The truely dynamic politics of this round have made it quite unique in recent times and it is not a lack of enjoyment for the game that has caused me to take this decision.

Unfortunately I have had some changes in my personal real life of late, some positive, some negative, but both the ability and drive to continue playing have decreased. I'm not the sort of person who can play part-time, and I know that if I continued to do so I would continue to avoid the issues that I have buried for so long, therefore for me the only way to move on in life is to make a clean break. Some of you may not agree with me, I know some do not, but I'm not asking you to, just explaining why I'm doing what I am.

I have the exciting challenge of a new job to look forward to (I never thought I would ever think or type that), one which is going to finally allow me to progress towards the career that I would like to have and one which finally is going to pay me a fair wage. It is going to involve travelling around the country and I will not have a stable internet connection, so my presense on IRC is going to be greatly reduced. That said, I will be online on and off for those that know how to find me. Please do not try to change my mind or involve me in PA affairs, I've decided to no longer be involved, nor will I share any sensitive information that I am privvy to regarding the current round of PA. What I know will remain with me only, it is only fair to those who are playing.

It is traditional to have a long list of personal thanks on a post such as this. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who had hoped to be named, I have encountered many excellent players and good people through PA so I am not going to attempt to name them all. I'd like to single out only three people to thank, the three people who placed sufficient faith in me to facilitate me to achieve the position that I did.

Yeh Sadly, I have long since lost touch with you. Chance had it you were my GC in R3, my first full round of PA. You took me under your wing and into your alliance and taught me the basics of the game. You had amazing patience with my noobish questions and I will always fondly remember my time in QUHA.

Ice-Lady You're now a good friend Claire. Back in R3 you too saw past my inexperience and took me into c17a when I came as ambassador of my galaxy. You took me with you into Fury where I found a wealth of experience and cultivated my playing style and skill.

Focht I bet you're surprised to see yourself named here Andreas. It was you who originally promoted me to military officer in Fury, and to HC in Eclipse, both times placing faith in me. I hope you understand why I did what I did.

Finally, I'd like to say something about MISTU, an entity that has been with me throughout pretty much my entire PA career. MISTU started as a group of fellow students in Manchester, and has developed and progressed from there. Most of the original group lived within a couple of miles of each other. With the internet breaking down distance barriers it has now spread all over the world. I'd like to thank all of the MISTU HCs, I know how hard you have all worked, and all of the officers, past and present, for giving up their own time to help run the alliance. We really would not have achieved what we had without you. Some may not consider MISTU to have been a success but we have always stuck to our principles and ethos even when it would have been easy to ignore them in favour of easy gains. There is more that I'd like to say to certain people, you know who you are, but it's not for the public eye. It is with deep sadness that I leave MISTU behind, for those who consider it possible to love an entity such as an alliance you will understand how I feel.

Now I know that not all share my views, opinions or stances, nor approve of all of my actions. In truth I'm not proud of every single thing that I've done, but I would like to hope that on the whole I've been fair by people. If you wish to flame this thread that is, as always, your perogative. Let us hope that common decency prevails, or failing that that the mods are on the ball.

I wish I could say I was optimistic about the future of PA, but as with everything I am cynical. I do wish PA the best, I just won't be around to see the progress.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 16:14   #2
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough
Re: The time has come to move on

no mention for meh

i dont think i luv u any more jim

/me knows where to find u !!!!

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 16:43   #3
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

good luck with wherever you go and whatever you do jim.

You have my email/msn addy, may it be for a brief chat, a long drunken talk or just a passby hello.

Since my own journey away from this game and partly its community i can finally say (who would have thought that a few month ago) forgive and forget about the past. Im glad i helped you in the past and by ignoring the bads and only highlighting the tops i can say your activity and dedication proofed me right. Even if we might have not always agreed.

Take care and stay in contact.

-Andreas
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 16:54   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

u arn;t allowed to quit (((

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 22:07   #5
Grim
n00b

Grim is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad to see u leave the game m8.... but also happy to see u getting a job u finally wil enjoy...

I also want to add... there isnt many I trust more than u in this game.. ur the kinda person u can tell stuff... and know it wont come out!!!!

I know where to find u and bug u .. so im sure we will have many chats more!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 03:10   #6
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Cya realjames. Heard a lot of good things about and bad ones. you obviously were a big part of PA. Cya.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 13:51   #7
Asarhad

Asarhad is an unknown quantity at this point

i will kill u

and u know what i think

c ya l8r on irc
Asarhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:39   #8
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point

Its always sad to see a long time player leave this game and espcially ones who have made a impact in the game such as you. I know we have not alwasy agreed on things but through all im gald we have still been able to remaine friends. I wish you luck in your new ventures and espcialy with the new job.

Best wishes
Stephanie
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:52   #9
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

You are a man of honor, someone who i always could talk to and hoped you to see some reason in strange and bad situation when we worked together in round10.5, I enjoyed working with you and knowing you.
Take your time, make some order in your life, dont let other stuff disturb the real meaning of your life.

have a nice day.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 20:29   #10
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

congratz on the positive things in your life, especially the career move, it sounds interesting.

I enjoyed playing with you. I've always had the idea that you were one of the few grown ups in this community, one that could be fooled around with, but also able to make interesting conversations. I respect that.

All the best luck in your life and I might cross you sometimes on irc.

- Rudmer

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 22:45   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

GL RealJames.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 09:46   #12
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

I don't know what's more scary, all these nice estimed people posting or Zhukov not flaming me.

Thanks guys.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 09:53   #13
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

look after yourself jim

Good luck with your job an remember you can always idle in free land

see you around in #fire sometime
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:02   #14
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

GL RJ

Know we've not really spoken as much as we should have since Eclipse called it a day
I appreciate the faith you had in me ( you know what I mean) - it just wasn't "me" at the time. PA wasn't me at that time
You're a good friend and someone who I will always think highly of.

All the best m8 - and I'll catch up with u MSN sometime

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:13   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best of luck out there, RealJames.

All the way from c17a to MISTU, I can only say it's been an honour working with you. All the best in life, and I reckon I'll still see you on IRC or MSN from time to time
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:47   #16
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

cya RJ
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 13:37   #17
Auda

Auda is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck m8, theres been some good times, again since back in c17a.
Enjoy what rl has to offer, and the best of luck in ur career, where ever that may take you, if U place as much emphasis on it as u have with MISTU it will be a highly successful.

Cyas around,
Regards
Audaciter.
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 11:41   #18
kilroy

kilroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

RL is more importend GL with new Job. See you around Jim
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 10:34   #19
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

shame to see ya go jim mate, big loss to us in MISTU and the community as a whole.

catch ya on msn soon im sure!

dont forget i21

Vas
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 12:25   #20
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck out there RJ,

Enjoy RL, and don't look back too much
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:22   #21
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Thankyou James for being part of this community. It's people like your good self that make this game worthwhile to me.
You know where I am if and when you need me, door is always open, kettle is always on

See you at i21.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 23:24   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
I don't know what's more scary, all these nice estimed people posting or Zhukov not flaming me.

Thanks guys.
Just becouse I find you a bit boring (and yes I did have some good laughs at your crappy bans on eclipse net ), doesnt mean I find you without class and honour.

Hell, Im not even gonna flame you for beeing ex-fury
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 19:26   #23
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Hell, Im not even gonna flame you for beeing ex-fury
so noble

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 11:44   #24
Irena

Irena is an unknown quantity at this point

Join the club James Does this mean we both will actually have to work ? :/

Wont wish you "best of luck" as luck has nothing to do with your future, just stay on course you are on atm...See you on irc, as usual

<edit> you made me post, bah, damn u !!
Irena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 22:05   #25
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to see you go James

You were one of the few people in PA that have helped me the most. You will be missed by both your friends and foes alike. Good luck with your real life and i'm rather confident you will be around on irc

Best of Luck

Tiffiny
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:21   #26
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

bye - won't be missed that much
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 22:22   #27
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

quoting examples of your own "pwnage" in ur siggy is teh 1337.

cool
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 22:58   #28
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Jimmy

Good luck in real life and dont forget i21

And DONTCOME BACK

Go where real life takes u. PA will be a poorer place without u, but real life will be a richer place with u.

We wish u luck (no full stop)
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:43   #29
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Been a pleasure playing with you and against you RJ.

Best of luck to you in real life
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 09:52   #30
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodbye Jim, its been a pleasure knowing you both here, and irl a few times - i doubt this is goodbye for us, even if it is for pa, goodluck with all your endeavours m8, and i'l see you soon (i hope).

Regards, Carl.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 14:53   #31
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

you're not gone Realjames, you've just experienced game pleasure on a higher level (you know what and where I mean ).

So to me, not much changes as I still chat to you every day

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 20:14   #32
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

sorry to see you go mate

thxs for the time you took talking to me before i joined mistu,without that i wouldnt be where i am now

i sure hope that pint is still on one day !!

cu mate you will be missed
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 14:12   #33
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck in RL.
Youre a loss to Planetarion. The game needs dedicated players as yourself.
I hope you'll return one day(belive it or not)

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote