User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 31 May 2014, 09:46   #1
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
building time

Hello,

over the years, building time (construction units required) has steadily trickled in an upwards direction. I believe it has now got to a point where the speed of construction is absurdly high.

I understand why this has happened, to try and make different play styles feasible. I.e. dist whoring.

I do not propose to stop con points as a method of helping different play styles, if anything, this might help.

My solution is simple, knock 10% of the required construction units of all types of buildings. This way, you decrease the time but do not effect the relative time between different cons.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2014, 10:18   #2
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: building time

I havent seen a increase in cu cost the 15 rounds Ive played when has this steadily increase happened ? :P
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2014, 10:20   #3
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
I havent seen a increase in cu cost the 15 rounds Ive played when has this steadily increase happened ? :P
that's how steady it has been! almost unnoticeable.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 1 Jun 2014, 13:56   #4
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

agreed, cath demo or cath in general is about the only way to hit 250 at this point if you are building any fc,amps, or dists...Also something to consider, as we can save research for later. if we are 3 ticks into a FC and have some early pls and want to try and pop out 1 or 2 more factories before incs to speed a production or something along these lines. It would be nice to be able to save that 450-660 con points from the earlier FC being how hard it is to get con capped as it is.
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2014, 13:59   #5
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

tot > corp or demo > corp or demo > tot > corp is a lot more realistic of the method used with the new ability to change govts, before the trolls who only want to remind me hitting 250 with all rd of tot is possible too, we know.
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2014, 05:41   #6
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistion View Post
if we are 3 ticks into a FC and have some early pls and want to try and pop out 1 or 2 more factories before incs to speed a production or something along these lines. It would be nice to be able to save that 450-660 con points from the earlier FC being how hard it is to get con capped as it is.
I'm sure that if Bank of America is building a new skyscraper office and they suddenly decide they no longer need it, the city can just change the infrastructure into a Spaceship factory with ease!
Reality isn't something that should dictate games, but that doesn't mean we should throw it out of the window.

Honestly I don't think there is a problem with how Constructions themselves currently are. The issue lies with Corporatism being obviously stronger than other options, and starting Totalitarianism instead of Democracy should be made more attractive.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2014, 18:33   #7
Reincarnate
ToF

i find that soc is best for ampwhore. only 5% less con bonus but no research debuff and a 10% mining boost.

Unread 2 Jun 2014, 23:00   #8
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I'm sure that if Bank of America is building a new skyscraper office and they suddenly decide they no longer need it, the city can just change the infrastructure into a Spaceship factory with ease!
Reality isn't something that should dictate games, but that doesn't mean we should throw it out of the window.
For what it's worth: in his post I didn't read anything about changing it..
What I understood was the ability to put the construction on hold, start another construction and continue with the original construction later.
Similar to how it's done with research..
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2014, 06:55   #9
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I think you are correct, apologies Vistion!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2014, 10:24   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The reason the construction limit was raised from 150 to 250 was that various government/race combinations could hit the limit fairly early on, nullifying the construction bonus for the remainder of the round. The 250 limit was never meant as a target that every planet should hit.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote