User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Aug 2006, 11:41   #1
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough
WAP/GPRS/3G access

On several occations, i've tried to access PA from my cellular phone. Weddings, cabin-trips, road/boat-trips, *anything* that makes it really impossible to access inet, are sensitive occations for us PA players. Who can honestly say that they have never lost any ships/roids because they couldn't access inet at the crucial time?

My suggestion/Request is simple: is it possible to create a low-Fi skin for PA, that is also not too sophisticated, so that a normal cell phone browser can easily enter and perform some basic, steps? I think Spinner created a wap.planetarion.com or something, about 12 rounds ago, but i really doubt it is still functioning.
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 01:44   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: WAP/GPRS/3G access

I suggested creating a different template that was optimised for a smaller screen in the last creators hour session and it was rubbished.

If the PAN revolution actually happened (lets face it, it never will; we're already a year late aren't we?) it could be implemented easily with templated code.

All anyone seems to focus on is whether the login question is readable, and not the fact that download times are huge for the pages because the markup is bloated poorly written crap.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote