User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2004, 09:50   #1
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Pa @ Tg04

Once again, PA will attend the huge LAN-Party called The Gathering.
We are bringing a server, and a speedgame will be held on Friday and Saturday
(April 9 and 10th) for those who are attending.
I should have a proper page comign online on TG's website soon, just waiting for some info from them.
So pls excuse me for posting the rest of this info in norwegian, those going are basically only norwegian (-:

Foreløpig tids-skjema (ikke bekreftet 100% enda)

PA @ TG 04 - 9. og 10. April
Fredag 9. April:
Vi starter signups klokken 14.00
Vi starter ticks klokken 15:00
Vi spiller med minutt-ticks intill midnatt, med 15 minutters pause hver 2 time.
Lørdag 10. April
Vi fortsetter, og ticks begynner 12.00, 15 minutters pause klokken 14.00 og 16.00.
17.00 - En times pause, MAT!
18.00 - Vi begynner innspurten, og kjører på til 22.00. (15 minutters pause klokken 20.00)
22.00 - Game Over

Spillet vil være en lettere modifisert utgave av PA 10.5 (noen overraskelser kanskje), og
ingen vacation-time (: Så sant alt går som planlagt kan dere regne med at Spinner'n sjøl skal spille,
så ta dere i akt!
Spilltid totalt er 17 timer, som er rett over 1000 ticks, mer enn nok til å finne ut hvem som rocker og hvem som suger.
Ingen premier, bare heder og ære og de vanlige beskyldningene om juks, feighet og powerblocking som hører med.
Det er ingen dum ide å smiske med Spinner'n, han tar imot bestikkelser som cola, kaffe og røyk!
Det kan se ut som om han tar med seg fruen i år (scan-planet, seff) men vi får se.

Last edited by Spinner; 23 Apr 2004 at 07:57.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 11:36   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pa @ Tg04

Sinnsykt bra

Innmari fristende å delta, får se om jeg får tid
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 12:15   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i love you polsemakers
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 13:45   #4
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

1. TG isn't a LAN party, it's a computer party.

2. TG isn't just huge, it's the worlds biggest.

---
-Chaos
Admin:Core on TG.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 15:18   #5
spearman
SpearMan2kdeluxe

spearman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
1. TG isn't a LAN party, it's a computer party.

2. TG isn't just huge, it's the worlds biggest.

---
-Chaos
Admin:Core on TG.
1. It is a Local Area Network, so it is a LAN party! Or what's ur opinion?

2. It was not the biggest last year, but they think they'll take that title back this year. Something big in Sweden was the biggest last year.

Anyways, I'd really like to join this, but I dunno if I can get any tickets for TG.
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 18:36   #6
Chaos

1. it's NOT a Local Area Network, it's GOT a Local Area Network there. that doesn't make it a LAN.
a LAN is all about the network. TG isn't just about the network, it's just soo much more.

2. Dreamhack was bigger than us one year. and that was 02, cuz the fire department in norway didn't allow us to have more ppl in. that was fixed the next year. and we do know. as Vegard Skjefstad, the head boss dude at TG, is also an organizer for Dreamhack in sweden. we've been having a close relationship with Dreamhack ever since we had to mount up and drive over to sweden to save Dreamhack after it got cancelled 7 times in 97, Dreamhack 97 had about 90% norwegian crew (and all of those had been TG97 crew). so we do know who is biggest at what time.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 23:14   #7
spearman
SpearMan2kdeluxe

spearman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
1. it's NOT a Local Area Network, it's GOT a Local Area Network there. that doesn't make it a LAN.
a LAN is all about the network. TG isn't just about the network, it's just soo much more.

2. Dreamhack was bigger than us one year. and that was 02, cuz the fire department in norway didn't allow us to have more ppl in. that was fixed the next year. and we do know. as Vegard Skjefstad, the head boss dude at TG, is also an organizer for Dreamhack in sweden. we've been having a close relationship with Dreamhack ever since we had to mount up and drive over to sweden to save Dreamhack after it got cancelled 7 times in 97, Dreamhack 97 had about 90% norwegian crew (and all of those had been TG97 crew). so we do know who is biggest at what time.
1. Well, care to explain how you look at this then? It is a LAN, even though it's more to it. So you can't really say it's NOT a LAN party!

2. Ok 02 it was, not 03. That doesn't make it less of a point, u've been beaten once
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 19:30   #8
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Anyone wanna translate that monkey language into English (or even better: Dutch)?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 € | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 21:29   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is Norwegian?
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:18   #10
Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
What is Norwegian?
it's the language we speak here in Norway

Unread 23 Mar 2004, 08:52   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
it's the language we speak here in Norway
No, it is more like random letters put together.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 01:02   #12
Chaos

1. a LAN only concentrates on things happening on the LAN. TG was once a "Demo Party", but since there are more "Gamers" than coders there now. it's a Computer Party. but by all means it's NOT a LAN party.
as a coder you don't need the LAN at all to be there, you can code your demo, and deliver it to the info desk.
the Demo part of the party has nothing todo with the LAN. and there are several happenings also happening on TG that also has nothing todo with the LAN. Infact, I can't think of a single official thing that would require the LAN. the LAN is a very central part of the party. but it's not ALL that TG is.
It's NOT a LAN. if you want to argue more. then mail [email protected] and sign up for pjatt lista. there you can argue about stuff like this as much as you like. and let's end this here.

2. you didn't quite get the picture.. isn't no big deal to us if DH beats TG or not. consider them sister parties.
as they more or less are. as it was the TG crew that made sure DH even had a DH02 back in 97. and each DH ppl from Norway help out over there. some even are crew there. just like some ppl from DH are crew on TG.

Unread 23 Mar 2004, 08:58   #13
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

oi, i thought this board is english only, i expect some Mod to take action against Spinner now
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 09:11   #14
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so basically Spinner, if I drive to sweden today and buy you a carton of marlboro, you will give me a 500 tick head start? heh
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 01:55   #15
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Godsaker Spinner
Flytte meg inn i galen din som sist år da eller ?
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:52   #16
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

PAX stats.. eek.. er ikke gøy å knuse non m 1 tick attacks

Spinnerboi, nesten slik e sku tatt me en tur, kun for å fått d til å komme på rett spor når d kommer t neste runde av PA...

mmmmkay.

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:42   #17
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

er yes blue i understood that one!!!!!

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 19:03   #18
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee... it looks like some people shouldnt go there but insted try to discover life.

"its not a lan party.... oh yes it is.... no its..."
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 15:45   #19
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditcher
Gee... it looks like some people shouldnt go there but insted try to discover life.

"its not a lan party.... oh yes it is.... no its..."
I think you'll find Chaos to be a rather stupidly anal retentive person (at least I have in the past). However, in this case he's 'in his right', at least to an extent. As someone who obviously puts much time and effort organizing the damn thing, I'm sure he knows what it's about. Not only that, but I've only ever spoken to two classes of people who go to TG. Class number one was a gang that shipped up to have fast internet and fast LAN with easy access to warez. The second was demoers. Which group would you rather be working for?

Call it denial, call it traditionalism, call it stupid anal retentiveness. Either way it's his right.

And asking someone to get a life on PAF is possibly the most retarded thing to do, ever.
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 23:20   #20
NaoS
bored....

NaoS is on a distinguished road

why is spinner norwegian?
NaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 07:34   #21
VanillaWolf

VanillaWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Cus he's teh rwak!

Nei og nei,hadde vert gøy dette her..men,men..planetarion går desverre bare bra dårlig til værre..var nydelig en gang i tiden..men,men,skal ikke klage

Menne du spinner'n? Det var faktisk enormt dumt å fjerne pds..og iniing uten scans? covert ops? Ingen cloack? Og hvorfor i svarte banan (lol @ ) kan jeg ikke logge inn på planeten min når jeg har regga og aktivert og alt? sukk..

Hadde det vert litt flere Last Horizon spillere som kom på TG skulle jeg stillt opp om jeg så måtte sitte i en krok med laptop *lol*

Jaja..du husker sikkert ikke meg engang spinner'n..men,men..sånn er livet.."gamle daga det var anna,no er spilleran forbanna"

Preach :P
VanillaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 05:15   #22
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaoS
why is spinner norwegian?
This is doubtful. I've seen about 50 people in Norway total and none of them looked like Spinner. I shall maintain the notion that Spinner is a highly advanced AI developed by the U.S. Government attempting to take over the Scandinavian countries for oil and hot women.

No blood for boobs?

[/tinfoil]
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:05   #23
Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
I think you'll find Chaos to be a rather stupidly anal retentive person (at least I have in the past).
Ouch that hurt

Quote:
However, in this case he's 'in his right', at least to an extent. As someone who obviously puts much time and effort organizing the damn thing, I'm sure he knows what it's about. Not only that, but I've only ever spoken to two classes of people who go to TG. Class number one was a gang that shipped up to have fast internet and fast LAN with easy access to warez. The second was demoers. Which group would you rather be working for?

Call it denial, call it traditionalism, call it stupid anal retentiveness. Either way it's his right.

And asking someone to get a life on PAF is possibly the most retarded thing to do, ever.
think of it this way.

Gamers = LAN Party
Demo scene = Demo Party

smash them together and you have a Computer Party.

TG was a demo party before. but since we've gotten more gamers and less sceners, we can't with good conscience call it a Demo party any more. (this year we had special tickets for serious sceners, AND serious gamers. to raise the quality of ppl in the hall. (not just get ppl sitting downloading pr0n and wanking off).

that's the short and easy version. (there are even more reason for calling it a Computer part than that.

ooh and to spinner. I'm sorry I was so busy working that I didn't have time to even set up my computer. had I known you had problems getting info out on the speaker and/or the board. I would have fixed it for you ASAP. next time go to info-desk and ask them to call up Kai in Admin:Core over the Radio.

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 20:42   #24
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

I events are better, booze is allowed :P
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 20:45   #25
Ogami
Penguinnaire

Ogami is an unknown quantity at this point

runde 2 stats så kommer jeg nedover :O
Was behind him...
Ogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 15:37   #26
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogami
runde 2 stats så kommer jeg nedover :O
I've heard it's sold out.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:07   #27
Chaos

and to those that wonder what TG must have looked like.

here is the last pic from one of the web cams that was online there.
http://www.gathering.org/tg04_files/tgcam.jpg

and here is a map over the hall.
http://www.gathering.org/tg04_files/.../kart_tg04.gif

it's shows about half of the hall. If my memory servs me right. we had 5400 ppl there this year.

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:45   #28
Chaos

hehe.

"We first must emphasize that The Gathering (TG) is not a LAN-party, but a computer-party"

http://www.tomshardware.com/game/20040417/index.html

Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:41   #29
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

was great at tg this year again =)
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:14   #30
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

With any luck Spinner will have done a write up for the Newsletter all about TG, so you can read all about it there.
Newsletter is published this Wednesday!
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 12:17   #31
Devilizer
Harbinger of your Doom!

Devilizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh. I live 500 meters from the viking ship. Wasn't there this year tho, cuz im in the army. ( ) Wish iw as tho.... My precious....
I Rise to rule once again,
I Rise to be...

The Harbinger of your Doom!
Devilizer is offline   Reply With Quote