User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 4 Aug 2006, 09:53   #1
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Can't find CD

Trying to install the ACDsee software for my new camera, but my PC refuses to find the CD when it's put in. It doesn't autoplay nor can I find anything on it when I browse it manually, it just looks empty. Setup and everything pops up right away when I try it on my brothers computer though.

What's wrong?
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 12:47   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Can't find CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Trying to install the ACDsee software for my new camera, but my PC refuses to find the CD when it's put in. It doesn't autoplay nor can I find anything on it when I browse it manually, it just looks empty. Setup and everything pops up right away when I try it on my brothers computer though.

What's wrong?
I had that with my FM06 disc. I just guessed that there must be some scratches and as I had a free sample of cd scratch remover that came with pcgamer months and months ago I decided to try it and after about 15 mins of applying and then rubbing the disc with a soft cloth as instructed it worked
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 13:10   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

That sounds like an explanation, but there's a problem: It works on my brothers computer
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 15:01   #4
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

perhaps your drive is broken?

or perhaps a bit older, and the cd comes with a certain copy protection, i heard older drives could have problems with copy protections
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 18:53   #5
Nadar
I see you!

My CD drive is rather new and it's not broken as it can play anything else, just not that single CD :/
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 02:49   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

copy it (as in the folders and files) onto your brother's machine then burn it back to a CDR. Problem solved.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 04:19   #7
-TPM-

-TPM- is on a distinguished road

This maybe a stupid question but it's not a DVD is it?
If you can't copy it as Meglamaniac suggests (it's protected, you don't have a burner etc), if you have a network you can share your brothers drive and map it on your machine.
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 09:15   #8
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

It might be an invasive copy-protection like starforce going wild.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 10:21   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TPM-
This maybe a stupid question but it's not a DVD is it?
If you can't copy it as Meglamaniac suggests (it's protected, you don't have a burner etc), if you have a network you can share your brothers drive and map it on your machine.
No, it's not a DVD.

Didn't know it was possible to share drives, that sounds fun. Will try it
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 14:36   #10
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Didn't know it was possible to share drives, that sounds fun. Will try it
If you just care about installing ACDSee - using an USB stick is quicker/easier.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote