User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Apr 2009, 19:54   #1
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Features for everyone (not just alliance planets)

Any chance of giving useful features which individual planets could find useful to planets instead of only allowing them if you've got an alliance? Two features instantly come to mind:

Galaxy scans - any real need to restrict them? I doubt they'd be used that often due to the cost, but if I wanted to pick a nice target in a galaxy I hate then I'd have to individually scan them all without an alliance.

Intelligence - I know this currently integrates into alliances, but something similar should be added for players if they want to add their own notes regarding a specific planet. Not just picking an alliance, but something I could tag for myself such as "dist whore - avoid" for my own future reference.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 19:57   #2
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Features for everyone (not just alliance planets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Any chance of giving useful features which individual planets could find useful to planets instead of only allowing them if you've got an alliance? Two features instantly come to mind:

Galaxy scans - any real need to restrict them? I doubt they'd be used that often due to the cost, but if I wanted to pick a nice target in a galaxy I hate then I'd have to individually scan them all without an alliance.

Intelligence - I know this currently integrates into alliances, but something similar should be added for players if they want to add their own notes regarding a specific planet. Not just picking an alliance, but something I could tag for myself such as "dist whore - avoid" for my own future reference.
As far as individual player intelligence goes, there is no real need for it. If you need to make notes on certain planets i.e. planets you want to attack, dist whores, scanners, friends.. You could just write them into a journal entry.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 20:13   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
I like that suggestion, user friendly (not like the gay journal) and already existing for alliances, so... easy to implement.
Unread 1 May 2009, 01:16   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

As Makhil says, journal entries just don't cut it.

What I'd personally like to see is some planet page which I can see if I enter in the coords. It could come up with some overview of the planets stats, various buttons to perform scans and private messages. Along with this it could have a list of any previous scans which you've got access to, who performed them (yourself, galaxy (needs adding), seen from 3rd party (when you enter the url of a scan from someone else it gets added to your own), and alliance), as well as intelligence added by yourself, galaxy and alliance in seperate fields.

Obviously this would all be several steps beyond the suggestions in the thread, but it would be far far more useful than the current interface.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2009, 06:50   #5
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

its an all good and wonderful suggestion, but could you imagine how much storage that would require if everyone utilized it? (which would probably happen at least once cause people like to push the servers etc) if it wouldn't be a severe resource hog, i'd be for something with the note adding especially. it shouldn't be too hard to implement a limited character comment field.