User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2004, 05:36   #1
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough
Why do people like Fast Cars

My brother brought a new car, Runs 9.89 on the Quarter Mile, tis a Evo II GSR, very nice, but i pointed out to him that he wont use any of its power driving on normal roads, and asked him why he would want something so fast, he replyied with "Because its just fast"

anyone got a better answer
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 05:50   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why do people like Fast Cars

• impress the ladies
  • feel like a big man
  • insecurity (esp. penis size)
  • immature
  • status symbol
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 06:10   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

They enjoy being incharge of something in their pathetic life ;-)

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 09:05   #4
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

to be the big man on mulberry street ofc :-)

why do we buy stuff we dont need? to impress ppl who cant buy the stuff they dont need
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 10:34   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Realisation of a childhood dream.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 11:23   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The higher the top speed then generally the better it will perform at normal speeds.

Also - Trips to Germany / Isle of Man?

You can book days of driving at airbases and stuff too, oh and racetracks.

What I don't understand are those tossers that make their exhausts enormous.
I've found - Size of exhaust is proportional to 1/penis size.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 12:10   #7
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

I've got a chipped Audi S4. I don't go very fast very often, but the grip I got when driving through curves is just amazingly fun. It's adrenaline rush from start to stop. I have no styling bumper, nor any wing on it. It's just fast and fun to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 12:20   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i assume thats not like chipping an xbox
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 12:27   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Something to do with removing the speed cap. 'Lets drive illegally!'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 12:34   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you have a proper fast car rather some shitty tweaked Peugot 201 driven by some townie tosser you can burn him at any traffic lights .

That will be my excuse for buying an Aston Martin Vanquish when i'm a billionaire anyway.

Edit:

Or the DB9 .

Last edited by JC; 4 Mar 2004 at 12:57.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 13:07   #11
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Ashely Cole of Arsenal drives the Vanquish.

Shame I probably won't afford it when I become an architect.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 13:26   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People are stupid.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 13:29   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If you have a proper fast car rather some shitty tweaked Peugot 201 driven by some townie tosser you can burn him at any traffic lights .
Whats a 201!?

Fast cars are without mods, nuff said. Now who wants a race?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 13:51   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/k/p/31...rline_MPSB.jpg

One of them.

Perhaps i meant the 206 .
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 14:10   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
lolly roffle - I'd like to see a modded one of them
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 14:12   #16
JC
lolly roffle

Do the townies not drive them round your area?

They all have em up in Blackburn. Ford Cortina's are another favourite as are these.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 14:17   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

That will be my excuse for buying an Aston Martin Vanquish when i'm a billionaire anyway.

Edit:

Or the DB9 .
[Matrix]
Are you saying I can stop townies driving faster than me?

No, Neo, when you own a Vanquish, you won't need to.........
[/Matrix]

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 14:54   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Top speed isnt that important tbh unless you plan to take it to a track day (although on motorways in germany its apparently quite ace)

2. 0-60 from the lights in a very fast car feels like nothing youve ever experienced before. I cannot describe the adrenaline rush.

3. The knowledge that you are in control of something that is 99x better than anything else you see on the road.

4. The ability to corner faster, break better etc...

5. The Styling usually evokes a 'response' somewhere in your brain that says 'cool'

6. The feeling of having your organs sent flying into your spine when you pull away.

tbh i cant really explain it.

if youve driven or drive a fast car you know precisely why you bought it.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:01   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

isnt it more about how pretty they are than about how fast? sure, its probably fun to do 260 km/h on some empty motorway. for me it would be more important what a car looks like than how fast it is and fact is that most sportscars have designs.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:02   #20
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no.

not necessarily.

the subaru and evo could never be called pretty cars but theyre still 'desirable'. same with a skyline.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:04   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rich people often buy expensive and classy cars, which also happen to be fast. Because our society generally promotes the idea that being rich is desirable , these cars have became status symbols due to the wealth they represent. Now, stupid poor people often miss this point entirely and assume that fast cars = status, when the truth is that expensive and classy cars = status, They think that having a fast car will make others respect them, when the truth is that respect of this sort only comes if your fast car is an expensive one (ie a ferrari, not a super souped up ricer shitheap). Most expensive and classy cars do happen to be fast, but their speed has nothing whatsoever to do with why they are thought of as being cool. This is the standard "correlation != casaulity" thing that almost everyone gets wrong regularly.

The same thing happens with jewllery too. The entire point of diamonds is that they are incredibly incredibly expensive and show of the wearers wealth. People who dont understand this often miss the point, and blow a fortune (relative to them, not an actual fortune) on some tacky 1-2 thousand pound diamond, fasely believing that owning a diamond will increase their status, when the reality is that its having the money to buy a genuinelly expensive diamond that signifies status, not the diamond itself. Diamonds and fast cars are symbols - when you remove what they are meant to be symbolising (ie wealth), you kind of defeat the point.

Basically people want to be something they are not, and poor people without class want to be thought of as having class or money (or both!)
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:05   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

link please.
(and hell, id even buy a mini, because it has a cool, unique design and doesnt look like all the other cars, but thats probably just me)
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:06   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

Have you ever driven a really fast car noddy?

(i mean in the 'supercar' catagory.)
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:07   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
link please.
(and hell, id even buy a mini, because it has a cool, unique design and doesnt look like all the other cars, but thats probably just me)
Yeah why dont you dye your hair pink as well, then you'll stand out from the crowd even more.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:15   #25
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<3
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:21   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah why dont you dye your hair pink as well, then you'll stand out from the crowd even more.
The new mini actually had a lot of BMW technology in it. My mechanic mate told me that driving them was comparable to driving a smaller BMW. So they aren't just little cars for people who want to be "different" anymore. They're pretty nippy.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:45   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Nodrog is so
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:53   #28
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I got a Suzuki Swift from '95...
It's small...
Not particulary fast...
Doesn't look particulary fancy...
But it gets me where I have to be. That's what matters now.

Though next time I'll be looking for a more comfy car. One that is so comfortable that I can nearly fall asleep while driving.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:01   #29
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Nod in talking out of bottom shocker.
People are allowed to have a hobby that doesn't involve a variety of Greek letters or philosophical whining on forums.
If you believe that the amount of money a person has is really a true reflection of their standing then fine, but I don't. People doing what is within their means to indulge their interests is cool with me.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:01   #30
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

is it just me or has JammyJim converted to the Church of USA?

oh and hey while y'all are scouring the net for a good deal on a faster 3D accelerator and starting whole threads to show off your bandwidth, you might note that not only is a car an actual necessity, it also picks up chicks. Two points redneck, 0 points GDer.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:08   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread should have ended a long long time ago.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:09   #32
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha
My brother brought a new car, Runs 9.89 on the Quarter Mile, tis a Evo II GSR, very nice, but i pointed out to him that he wont use any of its power driving on normal roads, and asked him why he would want something so fast, he replyied with "Because its just fast"

anyone got a better answer
it's kinda hard to explain...there's just something about a nice sports car you can't explain, I guess it's a car guy thing.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:21   #33
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

oh and hey while y'all are scouring the net for a good deal on a faster 3D accelerator and starting whole threads to show off your bandwidth, you might note that not only is a car an actual necessity, it also picks up chicks. Two points redneck, 0 points GDer.
i dont think fast cars are especially redneck. guns probably are.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 16:21   #34
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.heferito.com/stupidriceboys2.asp
http://www.heferito.com/image_folder/woodsentra2.jpg

HEH oh dear...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 17:14   #35
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Andy_r has one of those.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 18:20   #36
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
Nod in talking out of bottom shocker.
Actually, he's pretty much right.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 18:22   #37
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Andy_r has one of those.
jealousy++;
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 18:37   #38
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Noone has ever gone from 0-60. Ever.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 18:42   #39
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you have the money to buy one, why not?
It's just a luxury item though. If someone wants to buy them, it isn't up to us to dictate how they spend their money...
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:09   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Actually, he's pretty much right.
I disagree - well partly.
Fast cars are nicer to drive/nicer to be in etc.
Why would you want to go slow when you can go fast?!
I dont think all people who drive fast cars doit for status, I mean those that do will be lookin like townies anyway!

I think theres a difference between fast cars and modded cars.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:19   #41
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Because Vex Red are .
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:34   #42
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

the thread was started by dilly?
i cant remember ever asking for a 3d accelerator

and

the point i was trying to make is that for some people a car isnt just an item to get you from A-B. The refinement and precision engineering found in the higher spec cars along with the performance is quite phenomenal. I am fully aware most people dont enjoy the whole 'speed' thing and see it as a way lives are lost and cars destroyed. However some people do. Im one of those people. I enjoy going fast. I like speed. Therefore fast cars are what i want.

Sometimes people buy them for status or because they want to look cool. Or because they want to 'pick up girls'.

Others buy them because theyre car enthusiasts or they genuinely crave performance.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:35   #43
JammyJim
Godfather

oh and yes there is a vast world of difference between a 'modded' car which is trying to be something its not and a 'fast' car.

it doesnt matter how many bolt on parts you add to a Vauxhall Nova. ITs still a Nova and not a Porsche.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:36   #44
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The fun of acceleration is a big thing I find.

Anyway, if your the risk taking type then you'll get why fast cars are fun. If your the quiet type who dont particulary like risks then you'll never get it. Ever.

There are two main types of people. Risk Takers and Play it Safe people.
Risk Takers get an adreneline and endorphine rush from doing things that are dangerous. This would be needed for the progression of the species. If there were no risk takers we'd have never left africa,crossed oceans, gone into space etc.The higher the risks the bigger the gain for them and their genes.

Play it Safe people are the bankers as regard to the progression of the species. They dont take risks that might endanger themselves or their lineage. They dont see why it is necessary to leave this area of nice fertility. Why it would be necessary to cross oceans,to drive fast.
They don't get adreneline or endorphine rushes from danger. They are just terrified.

Nowadays there are really no more risks to take that mankind can benefit from. So we take risks in things like cars,to go faster,harder,longer. Push ourselves etc.
We use cars as they are the most easily available devices to do this.

So that is why people will have fast cars, its not just the top speed its the acceleration,the handeling, the looks, the statement saying " I TAKE RISKS".
Its a badge to show off to others in the risk takers bracket. Thats why it can get you women.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:46   #45
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

What about the people that take risks in some areas (e.g. drug taking) but don't give a shit about risk taking in others (e.g fast cars). What bracket do they fall into?
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:52   #46
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
What about the people that take risks in some areas (e.g. drug taking) but don't give a shit about risk taking in others (e.g fast cars). What bracket do they fall into?
DO NOT TRY AND UNDERMINE THE BOOLEAN HUMANITY MODEL!

(p.s. Most statements which start "There are two types of people in this world..." will be wrong. I'm glad Incubus qualified it slightly)
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:52   #47
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Oh ffs.

People who take risks fall into the Risk Takers category. They dont NEED to like EVERY risk taking excercise.
They might not like fast-cars but love parachuting from a plane. It doesnt exclude them from the Risky bracket.

And yes its not as if its ONLY TWO CATEGORIES THE END.

People are made up of those characteristic in vareying degrees. The point was to show those two sets of characteristics
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:53   #48
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Approximately 100% of people are risk takers then
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:54   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
People who take risks fall into the Risk Takers category.
OK, but you said "Anyway, if your the risk taking type then you'll get why fast cars are fun."

According to your definition I'm a risk taker in some ways, but I don't quite get why fast cars are fun.
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 19:56   #50
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Chirst LHC are you a robot? 1 or 0 ? ALL or NOTHING? Is that how your brain works?
Your missing the point.